• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama suggests Clinton didn't work as hard as he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-clinton-campaign-work-231370

President Barack Obama didn’t quite blame his ally Hillary Clinton for causing her stunning loss to Donald Trump last week — but he chided her for not focusing on reaching out to white, non-urban voters like he did in 2008 and 2012.

Obama — about to hand off the presidency to a man whom he declared temperamentally unfit to serve — pointedly declined to endorse Clinton’s own explanation for her defeat, instead suggesting that the former secretary of state’s failure to “show up everywhere,” not just the big diverse cities she targeted in her final campaign push, proved to be her downfall.

“You know, I won Iowa not because the demographics dictated that I would win Iowa. It was because I spent 87 days going to every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall, and there were some counties where I might have lost, but maybe I lost by 20 points instead of 50 points,” Obama said. “There are some counties maybe I won that people didn’t expect because people had a chance to see you and listen to you and get a sense of who you stood for and who you were fighting for.”

Obama of course won Iowa in both 2008 and 2012. Hillary Clinton lost Iowa on November 8th, 2016.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Damn right. The Hillary campaign not willing to acknowledge their failures and blaming external factors is embarrassing.

Gattsu25

Banned
Remember when Obama first ran into republican operative Sam "Joe the Plumber* (not an actual plumber or small business owner)" Wurzelbacher?

He was out in the streets of Ohio shaking hands, listening to voters, and going door to door.

Don't remember seeing Hillary doing that this election.

Averon

He's right.

Someone made post of Hilary's campaign stops in September and October. It was shocking how much time her campaign wasted in blue states. Her losing to Bernie in Michigan in such a surprising and spectacular fashion should have been a huge wake up call.

Hilary learned absolutely nothing from her 2008 defeat.

Amikami

Banned
Undoubtedly, there was a lot of external shit against Hillary, but she certainly got overconfident as well. Hillary and her staff should be able to admit this.

Why is Obama being such a Bernie Bro? Doesn't he know that we can't have any sort of dysfunction for even a single day after this loss?
What? He's 100% right. Dems need to see this error so they can adjust for 2018 and try to stop the bleeding.

And yeah, he called out Clinton and Co today as classy as he could.

HariKari

He's right.

The future of the Democratic party depends upon people acknowledging that she was not a great candidate and did not run a good campaign.

Obviously the wrong thread, but Obama is right. It was even said on election night that Clintons team didn't visit some of the "blue wall" states (Michigan/Wisconsin specifically) because they had been notoriously Democratic for so many years. Obviously, Trump ended up winning both of those.

What? He's 100% right. Dems need to see this error so they can adjust for 2018 and try to stop the bleeding.

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.

I thought it was really obvious by calling Obama a "Bernie Bro", too.

daviyoung

Banned
Did Trump do that though? Did he spend days going to small towns and country fairs to drum up support? If not, why are the Democrats blamed for not trying harder when it means pushing a boulder up a cliff? Does the country just sway to the right by default?

Averon

The worst thing about it was that Bill, Ed Rendell (former PA governor), Obama, and others were telling her this, but she ignored it.

Obama has to be seething that his legacy is about to be dismantled due to incompetent campaigning.

Kthulhu

They are referring to a running trend in PoliGAF. It's a joke.

Worked her entire life for the job

Put less effort in than the guy who doesn't even want to do it

Fuck my life

Obama didn't want to be president?

ISOM

The worst thing about it was that Bill, Ed Rendell (former PA governor), Obama, and others were telling her this, but she ignored it.

Obama has to be seething that his legacy is about to be dismantled due to incompetent campaigning.

Yup.

Did Trump do that though? Did he spend days going to small towns and country fairs to drum up support? If not, why are the Democrats blamed for not trying harder when it means pushing a boulder up a cliff? Does the country just sway to the right by default?
Yeah he did. Clinton abandoned the area and let Trump operate in a vacuum in rural areas.

Edit: Maybe not county fairs, but rural enough areas.

Obama is the man. One of the realest dudes out there. A truly great leader and person. I'm starting to think I will never see such a good president again in my lifetime. The USA is a country half full of shit stains...and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Worked her entire life for the job

Put less effort in than the guy who doesn't even want to do it

Fuck my life

Trump's schedule was literally insane. He didn't take a day off for almost the whole last 2 months of the campaign. He was squeezing in 4-5 rallies a day on some of those days.

Whatever it is you say about Trump, you can't deny he put in the work. I said this before in another post, but Trump had the hustle and you always respect the hustle regardless of anything else.

Ah fine. Well then the Democrats sat on their laurels and the laurels bit them on the bum.

To be fair, who knew Americans had to be coddled into not voting for the least qualified candidate and throwing their country into chaos and making racism/sexism acceptable

I sure as hell didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom