• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obi-Wan Kenobi |OT| Hello there…

Ulysses 31

But then you have the angle (which i also believe) that is that Reva is actually trying to get close to Vader to attempt to kill him since she is a Jedi Youngling that survived Anakin's purge at the temple. That combined with this show being approved for a season 2, now i dont know what to think. If it wasnt for that last part, im sure that Reva wouldve been killed by Vader by the end of the 6 episodes
But how exciting can they really make that when you know she fails. Only thing I can think of is if they give Vader interesting character development as she gets closer to him but I don't trust Disney to pull that off.

Venuspower

Two episodes left.....any guesses as to what crapola awaits us this week? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Spoilers:

I am serious.
The leaks of episode 3, 4 and 5 are a bit mixed up. But this week there should be a flashback showing Obi-Wan Anakins/Vader's weak spot. The flashback itself takes place around the time of Episode II, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are training.

In the course of the episode, the Empire (Stormtroopers, Purgetroopers etc.) should also arrive on Jabiim. Roken then brings Leia back to Alderaan. Then Reva should probably tell Kenobi that he knows her secret. But I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't tell him until episode 6.

Credits to Making Star Wars

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I was waiting for the one scene that would redeem this series - when Darth Vader saves Leia from something without her knowing, him knowing very well who she is. But then all the shit canon would collapse. Oh well, only 2 more episodes to go.

I was waiting for the one scene that would redeem this series - when Darth Vader saves Leia from something without her knowing, him knowing very well who she is. But then all the shit canon would collapse. Oh well, only 2 more episodes to go.
I don't think the writers care about canon at all...

sol_bad

Does Reva get better? So far she's just written as Angry Black Woman obsessed with her job. Like is there a genuine reason she hates Obi-wan apart from it's a job?

I love how you use "angry black woman" rather than "angry woman". You do know women of all colour can get angry right? Why the designation of black? If she was a white character I doubt you'd use "angry white woman".

YCoCg

Gold Member
I love how you use "angry black woman" rather than "angry woman". You do know women of all colour can get angry right? Why the designation of black? If she was a white character I doubt you'd use "angry white woman".
"Angry Black Woman" is a writing trope that gets a lot of deserved flack, it's one of those badly written at a "strong woman" but with zero actual character design. This character so far in the show over multiple episodes has just demonstrated this one characteristic.

sol_bad

He's obviously referring to the angry black woman stereotype. Probably why he capitalized all letters.

"Angry Black Woman" is a writing trope that gets a lot of deserved flack, it's one of those badly written at a "strong woman" but with zero actual character design. This character so far in the show over multiple episodes has just demonstrated this one characteristic.

I get the trope, but there have been many movies with angry women of other colours as well and people don't attribute colour to them.

nush

Gold Member
Because angry white woman is not a stereotype. Well, except for soccer moms and Karens I guess. More to the point, why are you blaming someone for the existence of a trope? It's not like they came up with it dude.

It was a toss up between angry and sassy. Angry won this time.

Toons

Loved this last episode. Great action, well acted, plenty of fanwank for you PT lovers, answers some questions that were lingering.

If you didn't like this ep I truly don't know what you wanted out of this series because they were pretty clear on what it was going to be

All the people whining about certain characters knowing a certain characters identity are looking kinda silly now.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

As usual, there is a nice moment but there is still a weakness. The shaky cam doesn't help either.

At least flashbacks were nice.

sol_bad

It still felt like a small scale cheap production. Tiny sets with horrible blue screen.

Definitely the best episode narratively though.

Another negative is the last fight was really slow paced, Moses should have practiced more.

I'm happy the real Grand Inquistor is back.

Why the fuck would they leave obi-wan with 2 stormtroopers inside the rebel base where there are still 100s of rebels? How does that make any sense. "Yes sir, I have him locked up", next scene is the ship with all of them flying away. Hilarious.

Last edited:

Venuspower

Why the fuck would they leave obi-wan with 2 stormtroopers inside the rebel base where there are still 100s of rebels?

Because Reva told them to, so Obi-Wan could escape.

Thought the shaky came worked great for the chaotic feel they were going for

I think it's a bit overused. Even in quiet scenes, when Leia was trying to fix the gate, the image shakes.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

If she had done it in front of him, of course he would have recognized it.
If we're to believe Vader is as in touch with the Force as we're led believe, then it wouldn't matter if he was there or not. It's no secret to viewers that Jedi, to some degree, can sense if something is wrong or not, and Vader started out as a Jedi. He would've been able to sense if Reva was plotting against him.

Star-Lord

After all, that's what Vader did. But I suspect that he didn't know about Reva's order. So he could not intervene.
From what I saw, I got the impression he was playing Reva at her own game. As he said to her before stabbing her with his laser stick, he knew she was a 'youngling' all along. Do you really think he'd take a survivor of the Jedi Temple Massacre under his wing and not expect them to try and betray him?

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
From what I saw, I got the impression he was playing Reva at her own game. As he said to her before stabbing her with his laser stick, he knew she was a 'youngling' all along. Do you really think he'd take a survivor of the Jedi Temple Massacre under his wing and not expect them to try and betray him?
Palpatine didn’t expect Vader to betray him. It didn’t go as he had foreseen.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
He could've used his own Force mind tricks to block/trick Palpatines 'bad feeling' sense.
Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Venuspower

Betraying is nothing special among the users of the dark power. That's one reason why the Sith have the Rule of Two. So Vader will have lived with the knowledge that someone (even Plapatine) could betray him. The other Inquisitors were all Jedi at one time. Some of them, like the Grand Inquisitor, went over to the "dark side" before Order 66. But others, like Trilla, did not until after Order 66.

"Hate" is also a very important. Especially as a Sith you are obsessed with it. And Reva's hatred, of course, then makes her a good inquisitor in Vader's eyes. Similar to what happened with Trilla and Cere in Fallen Order.

Batiman

Banned
But it was established that Vader was more powerful than Palpatine. He could've used his own Force mind tricks to block/trick Palpatines 'bad feeling' sense.
Was it? I was always under the impression palpatine was more powerful. Force wise

Remind why people like Qui Gon are dead when apparently everyone in this show can get stabbed through the gut with a lightsaber and be perfectly fine afterwards. Reva was straight up just chilling in the dirt watching that message and didn't look in pain or anything. This shit is pathetic. All so they can keep her lame ass character around and probably give her her own show that no one is going to care about.

Ulysses 31

Remind why people like Qui Gon are dead when apparently everyone in this show can get stabbed through the gut with a lightsaber and be perfectly fine afterwards. Reva was straight up just chilling in the dirt watching that message and didn't look in pain or anything. This shit is pathetic. All so they can keep her lame ass character around and probably give her her own show that no one is going to care about.
And some people will probably think she's redeemed too for how she was at the beginning of the show(chopping off hands and threatening to slaughter families and who knows what else before all that). :lollipop_confounded:

This show also makes lightsabres less and less deadly with even children surviving it now... 👀

Last edited:

Toons

My guy lightsabers only hurt if the plot needs it to, that is nothing new.

Grand inquisitor survived his wounds
Anakin lost 4 limbs at once and was singed and didn't even lose consciousness
Klyo ren slashed across the face, Finn stabbed and sliced up the back and is fine 2 days later m
Luke loses a hand, Vader loses a hand, Darth maul was cut IN Half, and was still broght back.

Theres nonreal reason to be upset a character survives anything at this point because it only matters if you see a dead body in this franchise

pramod

Banned
Because this show is written by hacks. I was gonna say it was like this show was written for 8 year olds, but even 8 year olds would be baffled by the plot holes and lack of logic in this show.

MrMephistoX

Loved this last episode. Great action, well acted, plenty of fanwank for you PT lovers, answers some questions that were lingering.

If you didn't like this ep I truly don't know what you wanted out of this series because they were pretty clear on what it was going to be

All the people whining about certain characters knowing a certain characters identity are looking kinda silly now.
What gets me is the amount of weeby Star Wars YouTube and TikTok bitching this got usually accompanied by stills from some Darth Vader comics run cited as proof the writers of the show don’t respect fans or canon. Good grief. I think I’m done with debating self hating Star Wars fans…to people saying the writers are hacks good god have you ever read George Lucas’s scripts? Anakin is 10 X better acted in this series than the entire prequel trilogy and this is from someone who still loves the prequels despite being in there opening night for ATTACK of the Clones and hearing the entire theater lol at every bit of Padme and Anakin’s love story dialogue. And as far as Reva goes same shit was said about Ashoka ruining Star Wars when she called Anakin Sky guy in the clone wars movie. She’s not perfect but she just became a hell of a lot more interesting. Someone who hates both sides is compelling and revenge is not the Jedi way.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
have you ever read George Lucas’s scripts?

These people are demanding that Disney hire George Lucas to remake the Sequel Trilogy based on their hatred of TLJ. I think Disney should do that. Because the outrage and nutbar conspiracy theories when they realize that George's Episode VII was The Last Jedi but with more Midichlorians would be worth it to watch.

These people are demanding that Disney hire George Lucas to remake the Sequel Trilogy based on their hatred of TLJ. I think Disney should do that. Because the outrage and nutbar conspiracy theories when they realize that George's Episode VII was The Last Jedi but with more Midichlorians would be worth it to watch.
I love the Midichlorians concept :p

Tieno

I like it when they show Vader being smart and Powerful. It’s pretty neat. It’s the best thing about this show. Wish they would have been more creative with the scope and the sets, it feels low budget.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I love the Midichlorians concept :p

His Episode VII was TLJ but with an even crazier Luke (the concept artists designed him after Colonel Kurtz). He told James Cameron that his ST would've dealt with how the Whills communicated with the Midichorlians. No X-Wings, no TIE Fighters. Rey/Kira came from a snow planet, not Tatooine 2.0. Ben Solo was seduced to the Dark Side by Darth Talon from the Legacy comics (George had a fetish for her). Finn existed as a character named Sam. Poe was a combination of two characters from the Arndt/Lucas draft.

pramod

Banned
I like it when they show Vader being smart and Powerful. It’s pretty neat. It’s the best thing about this show. Wish they would have been more creative with the scope and the sets, it feels low budget.
Yes so smart that he put someone he knew was a youngling planning to betray him, in charge of hunting down his most wanted adversary, resulting in Obiwan getting away not once, but three times, and in the end deciding not to kill her since its the "smart" thing to do?

His Episode VII was TLJ but with an even crazier Luke (the concept artists designed him after Colonel Kurtz). He told James Cameron that his ST would've dealt with how the Whills communicated with the Midichorlians. No X-Wings, no TIE Fighters. Rey/Kira came from a snow planet, not Tatooine 2.0. Ben Solo was seduced to the Dark Side by Darth Talon from the Legacy comics (George had a fetish for her). Finn existed as a character named Sam. Poe was a combination of two characters from the Arndt/Lucas draft.
Sounds way better than the whole Sequel Trilogy we got

And Darth Talon is HOT so I don't blame him lol

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Sounds way better than the whole Sequel Trilogy we got

Nah people would've hated it because it would've been the Prequels on steroids. And people complain about Star Wars being made up as they go along would be even more pissed, because George was basically going to make TLJ, then sell Lucasfilm and then let the new owner figure out how to end the trilogy.

MrMephistoX

Basically TLJ and TFA were pretty similar to Lucas treatments and I wanna say I heard somewhere Duel of the Fates has a lot of elements of it too. Basically what you get when you give fans everything they ask for is THE RISE OF SKYWALKER which the same “fans”were cumming over when it released when they learned Kelly Marie Tran and Finn weren’t in it as much and Rey wasn’t as “Mary Sue”. Newsflash Star Wars has always been kinda woke. Look at Leia in the 70’s she broke barriers and was smarter and a better shot than Luke by far.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Basically TLJ and TFA were pretty similar to Lucas treatments and I wanna say I heard somewhere Duel of the Fates has a lot of elements of it too. Basically what you get when you give fans everything they ask for is THE RISE OF SKYWALKER which the same “fans”were cumming over when it released when they learned Kelly Marie Tran and Finn weren’t in it as much and Rey wasn’t as “Mary Sue”. Newsflash Star Wars has always been kinda woke. Look at Leia in the 70’s she broke barriers and was smarter and a better shot than Luke by far.

Duel of the Fates was a good script, but it would've been directed by a guy whose last two movies were absolute total dogshit. Hell people think Book of Henry is the REAL reason Trevorrow was fired from Star Wars.

Top Bottom