• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OCD GAF: help me de-stink my games!

I grew up in an old house with no central AC (and bad circulation), two smoking parents and a number of cats that varied from 'eccentric' to 'almost newsworthy.' Therefore all of my stuff from before college (so Colecovision - PS1) has this annoying odor to it. Just about the only things I took with me out of the house when I moved were games, which are now stored in plastic bins to keep my apartment from smelling like my parents's house. I was able to clean all my disc-based stuff satisfactorily, but things like consoles and cartridges still hold enough of a smell after 409-ing that I have to keep them packed away.

Any cleaning tips for stinky games? I've naturally become a clean freak myself, and having an embarrassing game collection that would otherwise be relatively awesome bothers the hell out of me. I want to put my NES games on a bookshelf, not sealed up in a bin!

Top Bottom