• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift Launch Thread: Ballpark 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

So they just updated with estimated shipping windows tonight.

My April estimate order is now estimated to ship 5/16 - 5/26.

Uhhhh, yikes.

Wallach

I'm assuming this will come with some kind of blog post or update from them tomorrow since they mentioned the 12th specifically.

Based on what they say about these estimates I'll make a decision then, I guess.

When did you order? I mean... if you ordered right now would the estimate be fucking 2017 or something?

I dunno, only a few weeks ago the Oculus site was still showing an estimated shipping date of July if you ordered then. I think pre-orders tailed off drastically after the first few weeks, as my pre-order from the middle of January was also July.

Just checked, it shows July 11-21 now. I'm actually happy to have my date pushed back, as it gives me more time to decide if I really want to buy this thing or not.

4/18/2016 - 4/28/2016

Meh. And things were going so well today. I guess it's not too bad but I am hoping to see it ship in the next couple of days considering that I am 6 minutes and 4 seconds. I feel like they could get me in the next wave of Canadians, easily.

Anyone get an estimate earlier than the 18th?

It appears I'm in the earliest window starting next Monday. Does that mean they aren't shipping/processing the rest of the week?

rou021

After some issues, my order finally went through sometime around the 13 minute mark. I was intially given a ship date of April. It's now been updated to 5/9-5/19. I figured this was going to be the case, but I'm still frustrated.

Wallach

It appears I'm in the earliest window starting next Monday. Does that mean they aren't shipping/processing the rest of the week?

I have no idea. There are KS backers saying their estimates are for late July - early August.

If these aren't like some kind of automated initial numbers to get the estimated ship dates onto the page, or some kind of "worst case scenario" numbers, Oculus is in for a fucking ride I think. Will wait for some kind of messaging before lighting a torch, though.

I have no idea. There are KS backers saying their estimates are for late July - early August.

If these aren't like some kind of automated initial numbers to get the estimated ship dates onto the page, or some kind of "worst case scenario" numbers, Oculus is in for a fucking ride I think. Will wait for some kind of messaging before lighting a torch, though.

I wonder if they processed orders for the entire week today. It went for a few hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cpgit/usacanada_shipping_megathread_discuss_your/d1z8i59

This suggests those shipping windows are highly suspect. Someone who had their order ship a few minutes ago had a shipping window of April 18th to 28th.

Just got my tracking email at 1900 MST, received my processing email at 1319 MST. I preordered at xx:05:55, USA here. My order page HAD an estimated ship date of 18APR - 28APR, but after the tracking email from Oculus those dates are now gone, replaced with the tracking number.

Wallach

TheTwistgibber said:
Emails are being sent out to further explain but will take a number of hours to get out to everyone. These are the latest estimates and unfortunately, the previous 1-3 week email, for a large number of people, will no longer be accurate. Please be on the lookout for an email that will be hitting your inbox overnight.

We're fucked boys.

A4Osy77.jpg

Kusagari

Estimated Ship Date
6/13/2016 - 6/23/2016

lol. Guess that's what ordering at the 29 minute mark will do for you.

If Vive actually sticks to those May dates I'll get the Vive I ordered two weeks ago before the Oculus I ordered within 30 minutes of going up.

spannicus

Had April order now it says estimate is May 30th till june 9th, might say fuck it and keep my money. Vive should get here before that.
Launch failed miserably.

5/23/16 - 6/2/16

Ridiculous... what a shitshow.

Was listed for April. Ordered within 30 minutes of pre-orders going up. I'll probably just stick with my Vive pre-order for May now.

Enk

makes good threads.
Estimated Ship Date: 5/16/2016 - 5/26/2016

I was on the site the moment it went up but had issues getting my card to go through. Sold my DK 1 & 2 a few weeks back so it looks like I'll have to be VR-less another month longer. At least I've got an estimated date now. Time to delve into my backlog to tide me over.

Struct09

5/23/2016 - 6/2/2016

I was on the page the moment the pre-orders went up but couldn't get an order to complete until about 30 minutes in. Really frustrating :-/

and so, the other dates are right?

Good god, Oculus!

They say a lot of the 1-3 email peeps will miss that window.

My order is literally seconds away. I expected it to happen tomorrow or Wednesday. I am still holding out hope.

There are people who got April 12th to 22nd estimates as well.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I had issues with Oculus not accepting my credit card during the pre-orders as many others did. I was able to finally ordered one 30 minutes later with an April date. Now it has an estimated ship date of 5/23/2016 - 6/2/2016. Absurd. I can't believe they have been backed by a billion dollar company. I understand if issues arise during manufacturing or shipping. However, they have been completely amateur about this.

Still looking forward to trying the Rift, but come on..

bodine1231

Estimated Ship Date
6/13/2016 - 6/23/2016

lol. Guess that's what ordering at the 29 minute mark will do for you.

If Vive actually sticks to those May dates I'll get the Vive I ordered two weeks ago before the Oculus I ordered within 30 minutes of going up.

Yep,same here. I ordered a Vive a week or so ago just because I was fed up with Oculus' failures and got a May estimate. Now it looks like the Vive will ship before my Rift. Sorry Oculus,you fucked up bigtime.

viveks86

So everyone is getting shipment windows? My original estimate was April, but I doubt that will be the case now. Haven't gotten any email yet :/

Monger

That's pretty crazy. Have they ever said what the issue is?

It makes me wonder how Palmer tweeted about locking down shipping details at launch could make sense. They had to know something was seriously wrong if they are adjusting shipping dates by this long.

Bookoo

Got my CV1 a little while ago. Haven't got to do much yet, but I have a message at the top in the VR room and at the top of the store saying the PC does not meet recommended specifications. I just did the compatibility tool again and it says my processor isn't good enough. It's an Intel Core i7 3770. Should I be concerned? Or is the compatibility stuff just broken across the board? It says my USB 3.0 and everything else is fine. Thanks!

Yea, its really annoying you can't get rid of that bar at the top, but I am running a 2500k you should be fine depending on your gfx card.

That's pretty crazy. Have they ever said what the issue is?

It makes me wonder how Palmer tweeted about locking down shipping details at launch could make sense. They had to know something was seriously wrong if they are adjusting shipping dates by this long.

They said they were having issues and were going to give an update tomorrow. I was at :05 minute preorder and received it today, it sounded like there was a lot of processing going on over the weekend.

Woah just saw all the emails with the new estimated ship dates. I don't understand how they didn't have enough supply for the launch.

Reallink

5/23/16 - 6/2/16

Ridiculous... what a shitshow.

Was listed for April. Ordered within 30 minutes of pre-orders going up. I'll probably just stick with my Vive pre-order for May now.

Yeah, you might want to hold off making any decision now, based on how HTC shipments are going.

When I pre-ordered it, I was told late March (though it was pushed to April with my order time).

Now, my order is showing the middle of May?

9Mzkm_s-200x150.gif

rnaud

Here we go, posting this from my Rift within VirtualDesktop.

Spent two hours in the rift, tried Henry, Lucky's Tale, Chronos, Dreamdeck.
I had the DK2 previously, the halo effect is pretty bad, it was really surprising since DK2 didn't seem to have this at all.

I was also having a constant juddering every 20 seconds or so. It was really bothering me, I tried to search for it, turns out f.lux is the cause for this. I just uninstalled it and voila. No more issues.

Other than this it's an amazing piece of tech. Some demos are really impressive. Chronos was freaking me out and I haven't encountered any enemy yet. Lucky's Tale is delightful and fun. Can't wait to go back into it. Can't wait to get my hands on the touch controller too.

Really excited about all that is to come. See you guys later, I'm going back!

Sorry to all of my Rift brothers who have been delayed. I should have mine tomorrow! Thursday and Friday [my normal days off], I'm gonna just not be available to the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom