• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee |OT| In Odd we trust

They better not take 2+ years on the PC patch this time around. And yea, I'm one of the people who dearly regrets buying the Oddbox when I did, especially when Abe's Odyssey and Exodus STILL don't work on most modern machines. You lose a lot of credibility when you release a product in such a sad state. That being said, the HD patch was very well done, and I'm really looking forward to the Abe remake.

To be fair, the two Abe titles are the ORIGINAL PC releases from 97/98, Oddworld released those via Steam 2 years before we were involved.

Munch HD is coming on for PC, however the developer we hired to write all versions of HD Munch are 14 MONTHS late.

We originally planned to release it for Thanksgiving in 2011.

Anyway we're working on it, and *i'm* wanting it out at Easter.

Oh, it's out tomorrow? I thought it was already out, I'll try it on my vita then tomorrow. And ya, I was just curious why there was the $5 difference but that makes sense.

Actually Munch HD on VITA is due in late Feb. We Released Stranger for VITA, last week, tomorrow's release is Munch HD for PS3.

Actually Munch HD on VITA is due in late Feb. We Released Stranger for VITA, last week, tomorrow's release is Munch HD for PS3.

I fail at reading OPs ;.; Not sure how I missed that after reading it a million times.

Edit: Since you're here, does stranger's wrath on vita have multiple language settings like on PC?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So how is Munchs Oddysee for PS3? Any reviews out there yet?

I loved Strangers Wrath and got my platinum in that one, so im curious how this one turned out. I never played this one back on the Xbox....

bumpkin

@GoldenHelmet: Gave the PS3 demo a whirl and I really like what you guys have done with the update! I'm holding out for the Vita release, but only because I'm probably going to double-dip on Stranger's Wrath (already bought it for PS3) so I can have some new & tasty Oddworld goodness on-the-go. :)

Random question, but could I copy my save file from the PS3 Stranger and pick up where I left off in the Vita version?

Tizoc

So I encounter my first 'graphics glitch' while playing the game:
After completeing
Magog Motors
I am in the new area but some of the square tiles flicker between being black and their intended color.

So far so good I am enjoying the game for the most part, but the pace can feel slow sometimes haha.

@GoldenHelmet: Gave the PS3 demo a whirl and I really like what you guys have done with the update! I'm holding out for the Vita release, but only because I'm probably going to double-dip on Stranger's Wrath (already bought it for PS3) so I can have some new & tasty Oddworld goodness on-the-go. :)

Random question, but could I copy my save file from the PS3 Stranger and pick up where I left off in the Vita version?

Hey sorry if I missed this before, the problem with the saves and why there is no cross-save is purely from the size of them.

As far as I'm aware there's NO way to be able to copy saves manually however.

Tizoc

GoldenHelmet, please take note that there is a graphics glitch in the Dead River stage. When one enters it the tiles on the floor keep changing colors from their intended pallete to a black or white pallete.

bumpkin

Hey sorry if I missed this before, the problem with the saves and why there is no cross-save is purely from the size of them.

No worries, thanks for the reply and the answer! The game is an absolute delight to play, so I'm not terribly worried about having to start fresh on the Vita.

I'm really looking forward to Munch on the Vita in February. I actually never played the original version (on Xbox), so the demo on PS3 was my first exposure to the game. It's funny, Munch is such a creepy little character, yet the intro movie where he's alone and "singing" in hopes of hearing another return his call made me sad. Felt so bad for the poor little gabbit! :(

Tizoc

So uh has anyone had this issue in the Splinterz Manufacturing stage?
I'm supposed to open a door with a Big Bro, but I keep pressing Square at the panel and nothing happens.

GoldenHelmet, please take note that there is a graphics glitch in the Dead River stage. When one enters it the tiles on the floor keep changing colors from their intended pallete to a black or white pallete.

Yeah we know about that, and it will be fixed.

Why not go the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection route? You connect your Vita to the PS3 via USB, go to the correct menu in each version of the game and "transfar" the saves between them.

Tizoc

OK just beat the game today and all in all I enjoyed it a lot. I got the
good ending, and have no intention of replaying for the bad ending anytime soon lol.
As is my ranking of the Oddworld games are:
1- Stranger's Wrath
2- Munch's Oddysee

May play Abe's Oddysee when New n' Tasty gets released~

The Lamp

Sorry for the extremely old bump but I was just wondering if there was any update on the PC version of this game being updated yet?

With the New and Tasty remake media being posted today I was wondering if they had ultimately canned the PC update to this game or if it was still coming along. Munch was my first Oddworld game and I loved it.

Yeah sorry, it HAS been on hold whilst we finish up on Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, but *I* definitely want to go back and fix it up when we're done.

Stewart

Top Bottom