• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Tamanon said:
The Devil Rays struck out 13 Marlins, but walked 11. They had three relievers combine for an ERA of 43.20 -- yes, 43.20 -- in their first 1 2-3 innings of work, before the team turned to infielder Josh Wilson to throw a scoreless eighth inning.

Not bad, considering he hadn't pitched since high school.

Wha wha wha? An infielder was asked to pitch relief in the Devil Rays game? And did the best of all the bullpen:lol :lol

I could probably do better than thatbBullpen with good defense behind me :lol All they do is walk, walk, walk

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
captmcblack said:
6 innings pitched , 5 hits, 3 earned, 7 strikeouts, low 90s, 108 pitches, and an ace split finger.

He'll be pretty okay, I'd say. :lol

Call me when he's not facing the Pirates. =P

He faced them with the DH in. It's like facing the Devil Rays. :lol

We'll see how he does, but it's clear he'll at least be better than Desalvo and Karstens or something.

I would also expect Clemens stuff to get better as the year goes on. This is like starting in April for him. His minor starts were like spring training. His intimidation factor, and the attitude that he brings to the team are just as important as his pitching.

rc213

Stupid Fox breaks to Barroid just so everyone who hates him can watch him get called out on strikes. BRILLIANT!

Damn I didn't even realize that Dirty Sanchez wasn't playing. When did he get injured?

Karakand

NomarTyme said:
It's not as worst as Sportcenter spending 10 minutes on Clemens and still talk about it later on.

They suck and they talk about them too much.

They start sniffing competitiveness and it becomes nauseating.

No love for Dan Haren? I know shutting out the Giants is a case of senior citizen abuse, but c'mon! 1.58 ERA!

I will see you guys in July though, when the A's go on their 15 game run...

Damnit, you can't pull off a joke if you can't even spell "All Star" correctly. :lol

And WTF at Hudson. I guess he got tired of actually earning money and decided to revert back to stealing it.

ANDRUW

bdz.gif

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Andruw cut the lead in half with a bomb to center, but Cubs still up 4-2. How long are yall going to deny the inevitability of the Cubs winning the NL Central?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
CajoleJuice said:
ESPN will have a half-hour special when the Yankees make it back to .500

Half hour? I can see a special Yankees Hummer Press Pass Edition of Sportscenter, complete with Mike & Mike doing a remote from the cafeteria at Steinbrenner's nursing home.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
tyguy20204 said:
Did they hit Soriano on purpose? I missed it.

The cub announcers said they did, but the cub announcers are dolts.
wouldnt be surpised if they did, he was watching those homers a little too long yesterday.

Edit: well there goes another..

scottnak

HAHAHAAHA.
Bases Loaded...
Pitcher Santana up to bat....
2 RBI Double.
I guess Santana can actually hit on the road instead :p
:lol :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
tyguy20204 said:
Did they hit Soriano on purpose? I missed it.

The cub announcers said they did, but the cub announcers are dolts.

Yes they are but it looked pretty intentional. Oh and **** Michael Barrett! I wonder how many big innings that moron has killed with his boneheaded base running.

The Dodgers are going to lose. I'm getting real sick of this anemic offense.

Edit: Why replace Jeff Kent with Brady Clark as a pinch-runner? Is Brady Clark that much faster than Jeff Kent? I don't see Brady breaking up this eventual double-play ball off Gonzo's bat.

rc213

Let's see, Another outstanding pitching performance by the Starter and they get squat in return from the offense. Why has Nomar not been dropped in the lineup? WHY!!!!!!

**** this shit, I'm ****ing outta here!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rc213

CY Marcum took the Dodgers manhood tonight, woooooooooooo! Dodgers are lucky he didn't get the No Hitter he was so good. WOOOOOOOOOOO!

rc213

Dodgers need to buy out Nomar's contract and send his ass home to Mia. I'd rather have Loney not doing shit at first all year long.

Derek Lowe has pitched all 4 complete games the Dodgers have and is 0-4 for his effort. WHAT THE PHUCK!

PUTA MADRES! Vamonos J.J. Putz!

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Marcum is a beast, I don't understand it but man oh man is the Blue Jays rotation starting to look awesome. Burnett is dominate, McGowan is finally starting to pitch like he was suppose to, and Marcum has been down right fantastic as a starter (minus one Tejada blast). The only one I am concerned about is Halladay and no one would have guessed that going into this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom