• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears FEMME FATALE Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
347czyr.gif
HOW I ROLL
347czyr.gif

Mau ®

I love HATLM in any form. Should be a single IMO.

Godney looking flawless, as usual.

moonmanvma11.jpg

Bad News, the tour lost its B-Stage. Now its just the regular stage. Motherfuckers better give me more choreo if they wanna save transportations costs!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I haven't been in this thread in a while. I have been so entertained by the last two pages.

That is all.

Mau ®

6. BRITNEY SPEARS - I Wanna Go: 100.406 (+ 0.887)

Britney passes the mythical 100million audience impression milestone for the first time in her career. Making I WANNA GO her biggest airplay hit ever, 13 years into her career no less.

Im shaking and crying!!! shaking and crying!!!!! Godney is still slaying the lessors effortlessly
cry1.gif

Bought Femme Fatale for I Wanna Go.
Kept it for everything else. Truly love it. <3 Would rock out to it in my brother's car until he took it back...

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
6. BRITNEY SPEARS - I Wanna Go: 100.406 (+ 0.887)

Britney passes the mythical 100million audience impression milestone for the first time in her career. Making I WANNA GO her biggest airplay hit ever, 13 years into her career no less.

Im shaking and crying!!! shaking and crying!!!!! Godney is still slaying the lessors effortlessly
cry1.gif
25um80l.jpg

Icicle

Has there been any talk of a new single yet? I would do unspeakable things to have Up n' Down chosen as the next one!

britney.gif

Unspeakable...

The voices in my head are debating whether I should make a seperate thread for Jessie J's new single Domino because it is utterly flawless and may well be this year's Teenage Dream (i.e most perfect pop song of the year). But I'm conflicted, since I don't actually like her persona or voice all that much (but she does always have stellar music videos, so there's at least that to look forward to). It's a killer song, I just wish Dr. Luke could have bestowed it upon someone more worthy like Deity Perry or Godney.

Criminal is lovely, best vocals on the album.

The song itself is no I Wanna Go, but I'm OK with one of Brit's more traditional/earthy songs getting this sort of recognition for a change.

Kyon

Banned
ATWK is one of my faves, too bad the Original Doll album never came out so we can hear the original version

Koodo

Banned
Did y'all see the tour dancers' improptu tribute to Godney? Better than that flop thing MTV attempted.

#icant with the male dancers. Ay dios mío.

inthezone said:
The sequel to B in the Mix is coming!

As long as there's another "And then we kiss" track MY BODY IS READY

AND THEN WE KISS
Body is ready etc, especially if it has songs from her entire discography.

xaosslug

Crumpet Trumpet said:

eww, what? why? I don't even. Big Fat Bass, How I Roll, or Trip to Your Heart need to be a singles. They're pretty much the only songs I still listen to, at this point. #blergh

Koodo said:
Did y'all see the tour dancers' improptu tribute to Godney? Better than that flop thing MTV attempted.

#icant with the male dancers. Ay dios mío.

i'm so over trying to weed out the hawt manmeat from the scrawny skin&bones w/ B's male dancers. -_-

Koodo

Banned
Another flawless Radio Godney session, and it's ending with BOMT.

The Holy Spearit is watching over us y'all, I can't.

j8mt1w.jpg

Mau ®

I Wanna Go becomes #1 on Mediabase POP after Tacky Perra's Last Friday Night decided to gtfo. IWG becomes her sixth #1 on that chart.

#01 Baby One More Time
#01 Circus
#01 I Wanna Go
#01 Oops! I Did It Again
#01 Toxic
#01 Womanizer
#02 3
#03 Hold It Against Me
#03 Till The World Ends
#04 (You Drive Me) Crazy
#04 Everytime
#04 Sometimes
#06 If U Seek Amy
#09 Lucky
#11 Me Against The Music
#14 Stronger
#16 From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
#16 Gimme More
#18 I'm A Slave 4 U
#21 Break The Ice
#21 I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
#22 My Prerogative
#23 Outrageous
#28 Piece Of Me
#32 Boys
#32 Radar
#34 Overprotected
#36 Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know

wiig.gif

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
Im stanning so hard for the Trouble For Me demo, with its extended intro and not-as-autotuned Brit

http://soundcloud.com/johnvillalobo.../johnvillalobos/britney-spears-trouble-for-me
Gerl, this one is hot. Trouble For Me and DDB are the two most salient examples on the album of too much unnecessary auto-tune. The production of the final version with the vocals of this one would've been fiyah.

That DDB demo though. :lol :lol

Door2Dawn said:
i want to sniff godney's butt
jkja0i.jpg

Koodo

Banned
B In The Mix Vol 2: official cover, tracklisting and release dates!

Release date: October 11th, 2011

1. Gimme More (Kaskade Club Mix)
2. Piece Of Me (Tiësto Club Mix)
3. Radar (Tonal Club Remix)
4. Womanizer (Benny Benassi Extended)
5. Circus (Linus Loves Remix)
6. If U Seek Amy (U-Tern Remix)
7. 3 (Manhattan Clique Club Remix)
4. Till The World Ends (Alex Suarez Club Remix)
5. I Wanna Go (Gareth Emery Remix)
6. Criminal (Varsity Team Remix)

vgmovq.jpg

lmao that cover is many layers of bad

Mau ®

Britney's decade of pop dominance continues as "I Wanna Go" hits #1 on the TOP 40 chart.

In a format known for its rapid-fire artist turnover and constant search for the next sonic fad, Britney Spears’ sustained success at pop radio has reached new heights.

Spears claims the mark for the longest span of No. 1s on Billboard’s Pop Songs chart, as “I Wanna Go” rises 2-1 on the Nielsen BDS-based mainstream top 40 radio airplay tally.

Spears scored the first of her six No. 1s on the chart the week of Feb. 20, 1999, with “…Baby One More Time.” With this week’s listing dated Sept. 24, she extends her stretch of leading the list to a record 12 years, seven months and four days.

As the Pop Songs chart launched the week of Oct. 3, 1992, it post-dates the arrivals of such stars as Madonna and Mariah Carey. Had the survey existed from the inception of those luminaries’ careers, it’s likely that they, too, would have led the list over comparable decade-plus spans. Madonna first materialized at pop radio in 1983 and last led Pop Songs in 1995. Carey released her debut smash “Vision of Love” in 1990 and most recently reached the Pop Songs summit in 2005.

“Over the last 10 or more years, Britney Spears has had her ups and downs,” said MoJoe Roberts, program director of Pop Songs panelist KHOP (@95-1)/Modesto, Calif., earlier this year. “But, every time she drops new music, it is an event for the format.”

True enough, Spears tallied her first two Pop Songs toppers in 1999-2000. Then, she reigned just once until 2009.

Up, down and up again.

Here is a recap of Spears’ six Pop Songs No. 1s:

Title, Date reached No. 1, Weeks at No. 1
“…Baby One More Time,” Feb. 20, 1999, five
“Oops!…I Did It Again,” June 10, 2000, three
“Toxic,” March 20, 2004, four
“Womanizer,” Jan. 3, 2009, two
“Circus,” March 7, 2009, one
“I Wanna Go,” Sept. 24, 2011, one (to-date)

In the chart’s history, Spears is now tied with Carey and Beyonce for the third-highest No. 1 sum. Rihanna rules with eight leaders, followed by Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and P!nk, each with seven.

“Go” marks Spears’ first Pop Songs No. 1 from her seventh studio album, “Femme Fatale,” after two close calls: lead single “Hold It Against Me” reached No. 3 and follow-up “Till the World Ends” peaked at No. 4.

On the Billboard Hot 100 (which, unlike the more narrowly-focused Pop Songs chart, incorporates airplay on approximately 1,200 stations of various formats, as well as digital sales figures and streaming data), “Go” peaked at No. 7 last month. As “Hold” peaked at No. 1 on the Hot 100 and “Till,” No. 3, “Femme” marks Spears’ first album to generate three Hot 100 top 10s.

“Go” has shifted 1.1 million downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan. “Femme” debuted atop the Billboard 200 the week of April 16 and has sold 666,000 copies.

Dont on hate on Brit for shitting on your fav. Hate on your fav for not being able to do it like Brit.

legendcominthrough2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom