• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FIFA World Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganja

zidane29b9jn.gif

:lol

FightyF

Banned
Those gifs cut out a bit early, I think the funniest part is Materazzi (sp?) squirming like a girl when he's on the ground. :lol

Sad_Panda

Blayrow said:
Thanks:D I was just looking for a new avatar. Sad Panda fait pas ton frustré rebelle, t'es deg comme tout le monde stp.

Nope, I'll let you guys handle the French damage control. I'm fine with Italy's victory.
Apparently Materazzi insulted Zidane throughout the whole match...guess Zizou lost his temper five minutes too early.

EDIT : the Zidane/Materazzi gif fest begins ! :lol:

fortified_concept said:
I agree and that's why I don't blame Zidane so much. He deserved the red card but that ****tard Materazzi should have more respect for a player like him.

In other news I feel like crap. Crap crap crap.

What's that supposed to mean?

Verbal abuse happens all the time, in all sports, violence shouldn't "especially from a player like him".

fortified_concept said:
Whatever he said it was bad and he's a ****ing asshole. Zidane is maybe the third best player ever, this was his final match and he deserved some respect. I will forever despise Materazzi for this. I hope the worst career for him.

Nice thoughts...too bad he´s already a world champion, so his career is better than 95% of all football players out there.:D

CAMPIONI, CAMPIONI, CAMPIONI!!!:)

I´m so glad Italy won, I have been hoping for a moment like this since I was 10. Buffon is the greatest goalkeeper in the world, cannavaro is immense, Materazzi bailed the team out of a couple of really dangerous moments. What else can I say? Pirlo, amazing. Gattuso, it´s a pleasure to have such a rabid player in your team, Iaquinta, Toni, Gilardino, Del Piero, everyone scored and fought this to the end.

Italia, worthy World Champions. The moment I saw Cannavaro holding the world cup above his head is a moment I´ll always remember.:D

Outlaw said:
....those damn italian pussies won playing pussy football....sad.....

Come on, don´t be a bad loser. France didn´t exactly play "gutsy" football against Spain and Brazil.:)

Yeah, I can understand if ForzaItalia made you guys hate the team, but come on, we should all congratulate the team, bravery is what this team is made of.:)

Alucard

Banned
Logan Cano said:
Come on, don´t be a bad loser. France didn´t exactly play "gutsy" football against Spain and Brazil.:)

Yeah, I can understand if ForzaItalia made you guys hate the team, but come on, we should all congratulate the team, bravery is what this team is made of.:)

Bravery? These guys had 8 guys back the entire second half. Bullshit football that tried to kill the match. France were all over them and deserved the win. The only guy that actually stood out for Italy was Cannavaro. Otherwise, everybody was invisible. Just came down to luck...and at least we know that Buffon also sucks at PKs.

Proelite

Football needs to be changed. Too much is based on pure luck.

And Zidane, I love you as always. ;_;

You should have crippled that mofo! It would have been worth the red card!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
reallyfun said:
what i dun get is how Zidane was able to understand his insults when they speak 2 different languages?? :lol

i know! how did he ever play so many years and years of football in italy!

Alucard

Banned
I realize that a win is a win, but the way Italy played after the first half today was disgusting and undeserving of any type of victory. I'll tell every Italia fan who talks to me about this match that their team played like shit and got outplayed for 75% of it. Congrats on being the title holders, but f*ck off for doing it in such a boring and cowardly way.

ronito

Alucard said:
I realize that a win is a win, but the way Italy played after the first half today was disgusting and undeserving of any type of victory. I'll tell every Italia fan who talks to me about this match that their team played like shit and got outplayed for 75% of it. Congrats on being the title holders, but f*ck off for doing it in such a boring and cowardly way.
Yeah, maybe they should've headbutted someone or something.

woodchuck

Alucard said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the match.

Alucard

Banned
ronito said:

I'm not gonna defend Zidane for that. It was a bad time for something like that, although I did yell "OWNED!" when they showed the replay.

Please, even with a man down France was the only team out of the two that looked like they cared about attacking and winning the match. Italy did NOTHING to show that they had any intention of scoring another goal after the first half. At any given time you could count 7 guys just sitting on the back line. C'mon, I know you guys won but don't be blind...your team played like garbage today, as far as attacking football is concerned at least.

eso76

RaijinFY said:
No, more hate plz!

just kidding : )
to be fair france played a much better second half. then again italy played a much better first half. winning at pk's is just about luck.

Zidane was probably the best player of the wc, i really didn't expect his reaction. that was really disappointing. A huge stain on his career, unfortunately.

FORZAAAAAAAA

ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Manics, Forza Italia, and all my other Italian brothers, I was with you all the way even though I couldn't show it (stupid 2 week ban). Thanks goes to bishoptl for temporarily unbanning me for a few minutes so I can make this post. I was on IRC defending and championing Italia each and every day, each and every game. I never lost hope, and the moment we defeated Germany, I knew the World Cup was ours.

This is for jguru and all of the other haters. Get to work. Now. You have no Brazil, no Germany, no France. Zidane forfeited his testicals when he inhaled them into his body cavity seconds before pussying out and cheap shotting one of the eventual champions. Ronaldinho choked on his leg work in big game situations, Ronaldo choked on his chicken wing in burger king.

There are no balls left to wash but ours. We proved all of you wrong. Big ups again to Forza for consistently reassuring everyone that this was Italia's year by putting his name and account on the line. How anyone would be foolish enough to place a bet against someone whose very account name is the bastion of football excellence is beyond me, but they're with God now.

Buffon. The best goaltender in the world.

Cannavaro. The best defender in the world.

In the end, that's what it came down to. We spread out our offense in order to spread our angelic wings of football brilliance to fly us over to france where millions of awaiting francais bellas were waiting to spread their legs.

Italy are champions. We are the best in the world.

We are the best.

Forza Azzurri, GAF Italiano brothers.

_1647195_italy_cup2.jpg

Forza Italia

ronito said:

He got red-carded for it- so he did it and dealt with the significant consequences. Its better than pulling a ****ing nipple-twist. I dont call that cowardly.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mike Works said:
In the end, that's what it came down to. We spread out our offense in order to spread our angelic wings of football brilliance to fly us over to france where millions of awaiting francais bellas were waiting to spread their legs.

o_O

Alucard

Banned

...who couldn't stop a single penalty out of the 6 taken in the game. (crossbar stopped one and I don't recall Buffon guessing right on any of the PKs.)

Cannavaro is the shit though. I'd love to be able to play D like him. The guy was a workhorse the whole game and really the centrepiece of the team. Otherwise, I give zero credit to this team for playing pussified defensive football. Absolute garbage.

Mike Works said:
FORZAAAAAAAA

ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Manics, Forza Italia, and all my other Italian brothers, I was with you all the way even though I couldn't show it (stupid 2 week ban). Thanks goes to bishoptl for temporarily unbanning me for a few minutes so I can make this post. I was on IRC defending and championing Italia each and every day, each and every game. I never lost hope, and the moment we defeated Germany, I knew the World Cup was ours.

This is for jguru and all of the other haters. Get to work. Now. You have no Brazil, no Germany, no France. Zidane forfeited his testicals when he inhaled them into his body cavity seconds before pussying out and cheap shotting one of the eventual champions. Ronaldinho choked on his leg work in big game situations, Ronaldo choked on his chicken wing in burger king.

There are no balls left to wash but ours. We proved all of you wrong. Big ups again to Forza for consistently reassuring everyone that this was Italia's year by putting his name and account on the line. How anyone would be foolish enough to place a bet against someone whose very account name is the bastion of football excellence is beyond me, but they're with God now.

Cannavaro. The best defender in the world.

Italy are champions. We are the best in the world.

We are the best.

Forza Azzurri, GAF Italiano brothers.

_1647195_italy_cup2.jpg

Forza Italia

Well said my paisan. Where is jguru? I totally forgot about that football "genius":lol And I must give credit to our fellow paisan, Manics for putting his account on the line. I didn't bother with that. Uncle Vito says hi dude:)

paul777

Banned
Alucard said:
I'm not gonna defend Zidane for that. It was a bad time for something like that, although I did yell "OWNED!" when they showed the replay.

Please, even with a man down France was the only team out of the two that looked like they cared about attacking and winning the match. Italy did NOTHING to show that they had any intention of scoring another goal after the first half. At any given time you could count 7 guys just sitting on the back line. C'mon, I know you guys won but don't be blind...your team played like garbage today, as far as attacking football is concerned at least.

That is the Italian school. It's how Italy has always played, and won. nothing new. Whenever they tried to be more offensive they floundered.

Mike Works said:
We proved all of you wrong. Big ups again to Forza for consistently reassuring everyone that this was Italia's year by putting his name and account on the line. How anyone would be foolish enough to place a bet against someone whose very account name is the bastion of football excellence is beyond me, but they're with God now.

Uh, Forza never did put his account on the line. He posts in the same style in which italians play football- pussified. He didnt really have enough confidence to take that risk, and the game today made that obvious. Even though they have the cup, noone that watched the game would be able to say with a straight face that France didnt utterly dominate. Even the Italians. How many real shots did they have on goal? Even with a man down, it went to PKs. The rest is history I guess. Great day for Italy, sad day for fans of real football everywhere.

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Uh, Forza never did put his account on the line. He posts in the same style in which italians play football- pussified. He didnt really have enough confidence to take that risk, and the game today made that obvious. Even though they have the cup, noone that watched the game would be able to say with a straight face that France didnt utterly dominate. Even the Italians. How many real shots did they have on goal? Even with a man down, it went to PKs. The rest is history I guess. Great day for Italy, sad day for fans of real football everywhere.

You should be banned.

I try not to particiapte in GAFSPORTS threads, but goddamn ZIDANE, WORLD TREASURE needs to be taken aside and given a ****ing medal. He only did what anyone that watched that shitty ass second half, bored to death as Ribery stutter stepped through fifteen blue shirted pussies, was fantacizing about.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
i dont think a WC has ever been won by a team that played the worse football and only had 1 good game in the entire tournament

Lain

Alucard said:
...who couldn't stop a single penalty out of the 6 taken in the game. (crossbar stopped one and I don't recall Buffon guessing right on any of the PKs.)

Cannavaro is the shit though. I'd love to be able to play D like him. The guy was a workhorse the whole game and really the centrepiece of the team. Otherwise, I give zero credit to this team for playing pussified defensive football. Absolute garbage.

Buffon = best goalkeeper in the world. Even FIFA said so, it's better to swallow it down and accept it by now.

Btw, defense > offense, it made Italy win the WC.

Alucard

Banned
ForzaItalia said:
You should be banned.

Actually, he made some good points. Most notably that France dominated, and even Italian fans are saying the same thing. Heck, I can hear my Italian neighbours talking about the game in their backyard from here.

"Where was Totti? He did nothing all game....I thought we deserved the win though."
"C'mon Frank, today we didn't play good and France was the better team."

Anyway...most angering World Cup final in a while for me, simply because the better team, the team that looked like it actually wanted to go for the win, lost.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Zidane = Football God

I now dub his headbutt attack the "Anti-Italian Headbutt of Justice"

It was a great game all round but France DID dominate. Its to bad that the Italian defense is godly.

Alucard said:
Actually, he made some good points. Most notably that France dominated, and even Italian fans are saying the same thing. Heck, I can hear my Italian neighbours talking about the game in their backyard from here.

"Where was Totti? He did nothing all game....I thought we deserved the win though."
"C'mon Frank, today we didn't play good and France was the better team."

Anyway...most angering World Cup final in a while for me, simply because the better team, the team that looked like it actually wanted to go for the win, lost.

Ummm..stop and think for one minute. France was handed a goal and had no business even taking the game as far as they did. Italia earned their goal.

Alucard

Banned
Lain said:
Buffon = best goalkeeper in the world. Even FIFA said so, it's better to swallow it down and accept it by now.

Btw, defense > offense, it made Italy win the WC.

Buffon played well, but "the best in the world" should be able to stop at least one out of 6 PKs, don't you think? He's definitely top 3 and likely #1, but it's hard to say.

Defense > offense = FANS LOSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom