• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Heavenly Sword Thread - Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads

Just played and beat this over the weekend. I quite enjoyed it, although I'm not particularly good at remembering a bunch of combos. Most important thing I found was successfully blocking/countering, especially with the final boss.

Aside from... hmmm... Buffy and Bloodrayne on the Xbox, I haven't really played too many games of this style.
The difficulty was just about perfect for me. I have no interest in Hell mode, or unlocking everything.

Are the God of War series, and Devil May Cry series more difficult than Heavenly Sword?

Grayman

ipukespiders said:
Just played and beat this over the weekend. I quite enjoyed it, although I'm not particularly good at remembering a bunch of combos. Most important thing I found was successfully blocking/countering, especially with the final boss.

Aside from... hmmm... Buffy and Bloodrayne on the Xbox, I haven't really played too many games of this style.
The difficulty was just about perfect for me. I have no interest in Hell mode, or unlocking everything.

Are the God of War series, and Devil May Cry series more difficult than Heavenly Sword?
God of War is similar, DMC is not.

DMC has 3 or 4 different combos attached to only pressing triangle in different rhythms. DMC does have an "easy mode" that plays the game for you but I think it makes fun of you and kills your cat if you touch it.

It seems I read your question wrong. I only played the first god of war on the hardest available setting to start out. It was harder than HS on normal maybe easier than Hell. DMC1 and 4 on normal are much harder games. DMC sends a lot more boss fights at you and does not have checkpoints as often as the others.

Top Bottom