• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official July 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Xisiqomelir said:
Try the real (non-ioi) VG Charts

Weren't ******** considered unreliable? or am I mixing it up with another page?..

Anyway, I think someone had posted a very nice bar graph with different colors for all regions comparing all consoles on market.. I've been trying to find it through the search engine for a few days now with no luck, I was hoping someone reading this thread could help me.

itsgreen

So... only a few hours right... can't wait to see how pachter did numbers wise.

(everybody can predict PS3 has outsold 360)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
tahrikmili said:
Weren't ******** considered unreliable? or am I mixing it up with another page?..

Anyway, I think someone had posted a very nice bar graph with different colors for all regions comparing all consoles on market.. I've been trying to find it through the search engine for a few days now with no luck, I was hoping someone reading this thread could help me.
I'm not sure how reliable it is but it's been up way long that ioi's website.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
super funk said:
Didnt sonycowboy say there was a reason that it was delayed for a week? Did we ever find out what that was?

Online retailers including amazon were added.

Evlar

Banned
super funk said:
Didnt sonycowboy say there was a reason that it was delayed for a week? Did we ever find out what that was?
Certain online retailers are being counted for the first time (I believe).

EDIT: I'm FAR more handsome than schuelma.

Tideas

Banned
unfortunately, Walmart still isn't included. I wonder when though.

You gotta add like, 10k or so to most consoles cuz of walmart ;(

Guy Legend

Tideas said:

Still kind of ridiculous that Walmart isn't part of it, considering they are one of the biggest sellers for games.....

Tideas said:

Walmart is accounted for, it's just that it is done via estimation.

RBH

If the "IGN review of HS" thread is any indication of what today's NPD thread is going to be like, I cannot fucking wait for it.

Good lord, that thread was a complete trainwreck filled with meltdowns and insanity. :lol

schuelma

RBH said:
If the "IGN review of HS" thread is any indication of what today's NPD thread is going to be like, I cannot fucking wait for it.

Good lord, that thread was a complete trainwreck filled with meltdowns and insanity. :lol

It should be something else. I assume Wii will largely remain status quo..but the all out war between Xbots and Sonybots should be awesome.

schuelma said:
It should be something else. I assume Wii will largely remain status quo..but the all out war between Xbots and Sonybots should be awesome.
I've wet myself three or four times in anticipation already.

This thread will leave me soiled and dishevelled.

Xisiqomelir

schuelma said:

It'll be GBA > PS3 all over again :lol

I don't think I've ever rooted for Pachter to be right before.

Data's been released.

All eyes are on the PS3. It's the story going into this NPD. To a lesser extent, so is the 360 only because of Pachter's massively low estimate of 360's which I believe Canadian results have shown to be underestimated.

If Sony happens to pass the 360, we may well see a PR from them before the actual PR is released ~ 6:30PM. It'll be their only such opportunity for some time.

Xisiqomelir

sonycowboy said:
Data's been released.

All eyes are on the PS3. It's the story going into this NPD. To a lesser extent, so is the 360 only because of Pachter's massively low estimate of 360's which I believe Canadian results have shown to be underestimated.

If Sony happens to pass the 360
, we may well see a PR from them before the actual PR is released ~ 6:30PM. It'll be their only such opportunity for some time.

Tease :p

sonycowboy said:
Data's been released.

If Sony happens to pass the 360, we may well see a PR from them before the actual PR is released ~ 6:30PM. It'll be their only such opportunity for some time.

Here's the question. Do you have the data?

Culex

Banned
birdchili said:
what do you mean? just that sony isn't likely to have much reason to gloat again for a while?

Pretty much. I don't see any reason as to how they could outsell the 360 from now until after New Year's.

C4Lukins

birdchili said:
what do you mean? just that sony isn't likely to have much reason to gloat again for a while?

This will be the only month they are ahead of the 360 this year in the US. Unless we see another pricedrop, which does not seem likely.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Culex said:
Pretty much. I don't see any reason as to how they could outsell the 360 from now until after New Year's.

Well this month was the price cut so they've got a shot for July (I thought).

tanod

when is my burrito
Fuzzy said:
If you want to know which online retailers then you should look through this thread for sonycowboy's post.

EDIT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7424382&postcount=325

Holy crap. I had no idea. Tonight will be really interesting. What does that do to comparibility or was the online stuff estimated before?

schuelma said:
There was another Heavenly Sword thread and 5 people got banned in the first 14 posts.

*A Banhammer approaches*
*Fight or Flee?*

justjohn

even if the ps3 outsells the 360, i dont think sony will be gloating. they know it could all change next month and they will end up looking silly.
edit :lol

schuelma

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

And I can guarantee that folks will find the results interesting. And GAF now sucks at predicting

Hmm....I have a feeling PS3 did very very well.

I assume status quo on the Wii?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

And I can guarantee that folks will find the results interesting. And GAF now sucks at predicting

"Interesting" as in 500-page GAF thread interesting?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

psp owns wii...omg :eek:

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
justjohn said:
even if the ps3 outsells the ps3, i dont think sony will be gloating. they know it could all change next month and they will end up looking silly.

"How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

justjohn said:
even if the ps3 outsells the ps3, i dont think sony will be gloating. they know it could all change next month and they will end up looking silly.

It'd be hard for the PS3 to outsell the PS3. I think they may end up about even, give or take a few units.

Plinko said:
"How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"
There is a Starbucks...across the street from a Starbucks! And ladies and gentlemen, THAT is the end of the universe.

sonycowboy said:
Yes I do.

Interesting...

Jack_mystery2.JPG

Top Bottom