• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden GAF Tourney 2 Redeux: Formation Shift Now

it's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the xbox version, a few stayed with the ps2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the xbox version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

we'll see how many people we can get in. i'm guessing 16-32 to be honest with you. lets remember a few things though:

* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?
--------

TO SIGN UP:

1. Go to Game Modes
2. Go to Online Events
3. Go to Search Tournament
4. Find the tournament
5. Enter password

To save time, we're just going to do it like this: first come first serve, but you don't have to post it here. Just go on XBL and sign in! If you aren't a member of GA then don't sign in! Lets get this done quick ladies! good luck

and, just like last year, i'll start listing past champs!

1. Gunstar77 - Philadelphia Eagles (defeated Buccaneers/DMczaf 12-7)

p.s. lets never speak of the "other" tourney 2's. this one is the real deal, it's only 8 people big

Ramirez

Seriously,I think for tournies we should use different teams,but eh whatever.I don't think I'll pick the Steelers this time...

Fifty

Colts and Vikings oh my. :( I wish the roster update with Deion would come soon. :D

Because it's only an 8 man tourny, I think that is the reason why the pass and name wasn't printed in the thread. DMczaf didn't PM everyone the name and pass. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF didnt I get the name and pass....wtf

DMczaf

Wellington said:

Arrrgg! I knew I forgot you! I was just sending pm's to people who are regulars and asked for it in this thread. I thought FMT would send the pms out. I just sent you the pm though

Ramirez

Holy shit! :O

Is it full?I never got the PM either,50 told me on AIM :( I doubt they left you out on purpose Wellie...if it isn't full Ill send you the name/pass.

DMczaf

WTF?

Its full. God damn it. I didnt know CK.

UGH! Although its pretty damn funny that its ALWAYS CK that gets left out even though we all know he's one of the Madden regulars for the last 2 years...its almost as if we do this on purpose... ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I only got in cause I screamed like a bitch.

I dont get why you guys just dont post the pass and name here,people who post in here or see the post first should get in,even if it leaves some regs out.

Ramirez

I think I can remember the matchups...

DM
Slo

MrBob
Matrix

Dskillz
FMT

Ramirez
Fifty

And on that note,you wanna play tonight 50?

Matrix

WTF I always get Bob,lol.

Must be this Stros/Cubs thing that brings us together.

Mrbob

MATRIXDOUCHE

3_G.jpg

You and I have unfinished business.

You will feel the wrath of my revenge!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
MATRIXDOUCHE

3_G.jpg

You and I have unfinished business.

You will feel the wrath of my revenge!

When do you want to face the mighty Packers? It will be my first time using them online :p You might just beat me.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dskillz where are you?

I have a LIFE!!! lol

I was out watching some baseball. I am available tomorrow. Just name a time. I am ready now actually.

Slo

We apparently got our time zones mixed up. I waited for about 40 minutes here in Central. From now on I'll be more specific. :)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FMT and I tried to play our game. When I was up 7-0 and FMT threatening, we get disconnected, but FMT got the win. I think CK can have my spot for a few tourneys until this online stuff is straightened out. It happened with Fifty as well last tourney.

Slo

So how many people do we actually have? When the tourney's are 16 people we can't fill out and when it's an eight man tourney then everybody gets left out.

What's the deal? Can we get a head count?

Fifty

dskillzhtown said:
FMT and I tried to play our game. When I was up 7-0 and FMT threatening, we get disconnected, but FMT got the win. I think CK can have my spot for a few tourneys until this online stuff is straightened out. It happened with Fifty as well last tourney.

Wasn't mine the DDE? If so, it was on my side. I haven't seen (I can't think of any..) more than maybe one real disconnection.

Ramirez

I lost...

Its amazing how much better I can stop the run in passing defense than with running defense,hahaha.

Fifty

This is so annoying. It's been half an hour since I won (I granted him mercy, this might be a glitch..) and it still hasn't shown up on either one of our profiles. I know he'll drop out if it doesn't register, but it's not nice knowing that some games don't register. ESPN anyone?

This is selfish, yes, but when I beat someone who is 53-13 and my record is 30-36, I kinda want the win. :( Damn EA screwed me.

Fifty

Forget all that shit in the above post. It registered. EA has been having some issues, but at least they're working them out quickly. 3 hours later the game went up...I didn't think it would ;p

Slo

DM, I'll be on in just a few minutes. Sorry about the declined challenge.

OMG SLO IS DUCKING DMZCAF!!!!!!

Top Bottom