• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Metroid: Samus Returns Artwork

Oh sweet jesus

Uppafg7.jpg

6c1g1vm.png

Shiggy

You like these artworks? Buy the Samus amiibo to unlock concept art from Metroid: Samus Returns in the in-game gallery.

CI16_WiiU_Amiibo_Figures_samus_CMM_big.jpg

Wait is this true or sarcasm can't tell anymore

Yup these pieces, among others, you'll need the Samus amiibo for. They'll be in 240p anyway so you're probably best off just waiting for higher res versions to show up online but you'll need the amiibo to see them in game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Really digging those plasma effects.

Devil

I don't want to be the guy to bring that up again but I can't help myself but feeling disappointed because it could have looked close to that on a HD platform like Switch. It looks amazing here and a clearer picture could add a lot to the feel of the game.

Going to buy it nevertheless of course. But I will likely never shake off that little bit of negativity even though we're finally getting a 2D Metroid again.

I don't want to be the guy to bring that up again but I can't help myself but feeling disappointed because it could have looked close to that on a HD platform like Switch. It looks amazing here and a clearer picture could add a lot to the feel of the game.

Going to buy it nevertheless of course. But I will likely never shake off that little bit of negativity even though we're finally getting a 2D Metroid again.

prime 4 for that baby. And samus returns has some really neat backgrounds, so you will soon forget this feeling while playing it

This game seems to have been in development for quite a long time and I'm sure Prime 4 will be huge production.

entremet

Mercurysteam has the best concept artists on the medium, where's the surprise?

Worry about the game.

All the previews have been overwhelmingly positive. Isn't Nintendo guiding their development them too? They did the same with Prime 1 for Retro and that turned out amazing.

NotLiquid

Something about these give me an SNES/N64 vibe. Maybe it's how the background is mostly darkened up and the ground giving off an almost clay-esque vibe. It reminds me a little bit of old Rareware-era Killer Instinct posters. I suppose it's only fitting since this is a remake of an old game after all.

Oh sweet jesus

Uppafg7.jpg

6c1g1vm.png

Haha I set the first image as my phone's lock screen wallpaper and the second image as my phone's home screen wallpaper. I'm really excited for the game to come out. Now I await for HD/HQ official artwork of Metroid Prime 4 to see what I can do with that. While I wait for the game to come out, patiently.

That is some awesome looking art.

All the previews have been overwhelmingly positive. Isn't Nintendo guiding their development them too? They did the same with Prime 1 for Retro and that turned out amazing.

No, this is different. Like with Other M, they are actively participating in the development.

TheMoon

Samus Returns is co-developed between Nintendo EPD Metroid series-veterans and MercurySteam.

yuoke

Banned
It's too bad we'll never get to see actual gameplay like this on a switch 2d metroid due to this game flopping from a silly boycott.

Top Bottom