• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Okami Wii Thread of IGN Watermarks

_Alkaline_

Member
Sep 25, 2006
13,032
0
0
Australia
Sorry guys, but i've found out those numbers are just predictions, not actual real numbers.

Let's just hope come next NPD Okami manages a similar number.
 

Tobor

Member
Sep 15, 2006
41,041
0
0
Is this going to be hard to pick up now in the US? How many copies did Capcom ship? I'll try to track down a copy today.
 

Anony

Member
Feb 5, 2008
3,499
0
0
just started it

the text is the fucken dirt slow, and there's no way to make the text go faster, or make the instant
i could have gotten through the opening in 5 minutes but i had to wait for the slow ass text for like 17 mins
 

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oct 11, 2004
16,868
1
0
Just venting at the moment, but I was really beginning to love this game until I hit the fruit tree sequence of bad design.

1.) Circles with the brush are not registering, or registering the wrong sign (sun instead of bloom).
2.) Only gives you one chance to do it before failing you, and you have to do god knows how many in a row.
3.) Non-skippable 2 minute long animation all the way back from the beginning.
4.) Inability to even back out and save.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Edit: Yeah, just shut the system down due to frustration after half an hour of not making past the second bloom (keeps registering as a sun) and losing half an hour of progress as well.
 

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Jun 8, 2004
10,720
1
0
Brisbane, Australia
anyone being put off by the slow start, persevere and wait at least for shinshuu plains, the main 'field' - the music there is so amazing and uplifting, imo, it's enough to keep on with the game :)
 

AgentOtaku

Member
Nov 21, 2005
31,045
1
0
37
Spokane, WA
BorkBork said:
Just venting at the moment, but I was really beginning to love this game until I hit the fruit tree sequence of bad design.

1.) Circles with the brush are not registering, or registering the wrong sign (sun instead of bloom).
2.) Only gives you one chance to do it before failing you, and you have to do god knows how many in a row.
3.) Non-skippable 2 minute long animation all the way back from the beginning.
4.) Inability to even back out and save.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Edit: Yeah, just shut the system down due to frustration after half an hour of not making past the second bloom (keeps registering as a sun) and losing half an hour of progress as well.
I had this exact same problem last night with this part....and yeah it prompted a big "WTF!!!"
....trick is though, in this particular sequence, DON'T LET GO OF A at all....when you complete a circle and connect the line around the blosoms, it will autmatically prompt the spell....only time I've seen thus far in the game where it does this
 

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jun 7, 2004
21,120
0
0
Just got the game, and while its nice to be able to skip entire cinemas, it really does blow RAD didn't implement a button, ANY BUTTON, to quickly bypass text. I imagine most of us read at a much faster pitch than the sluggish text crawl the game delivers. It's ridiculous really.

Other than that, I haven't paid close enough attention to the comparison arguments to figure what ink bleeding and paper filters are all about exactly. I'll test the PS2 version sometime for shits and giggles, but visually this game still looks fantastic on Wii and any meltdowns are a bit far reaching.

I do wish that Z did a better job of snapping the camera ala TP, though d-pad rotation is not nearly as bad as I had envisioned it. Waggle combat is too early for me to judge.

Oh and watching the attract sequence pre-title screen shows off combat maneuvers I never got far enough in the PS2 game to see. I mean Ammi does a freaking Issun Drop! That's awesome! TP fuck owned!

It's actually really awesome how Capcom delivered both PS2 games that deserve Wii functionality over. Just a shame a few little wrinkles are keeping them from being definitive(RE4 needed unlocks available at the start...and a third INSANE difficulty).
 

bob digi

Member
Mar 12, 2006
124
0
1,215
36

I just noticed this today. Like the boxart wasn't bad enough with the big Play stamp. There is a fucking IGN watermark right near Ammy's mouth. I was so pissed. How the fuck do you miss that. Unprofessional as shit. Why would you have to steal an image from IGN to make a cover for a game your working on. Just venting.
 

MisterHero

Super Member
Jul 24, 2007
30,501
127
1,225
abload.de
bob digi said:

I just noticed this today. Like the boxart wasn't bad enough with the big Play stamp. There is a fucking IGN watermark right near Ammy's mouth. I was so pissed. How the fuck do you miss that. Unprofessional as shit. Why would you have to steal an image from IGN to make a cover for a game your working on. Just venting.
Capcom spared no expense to bring us Okami :lol

Of course I'll be buying it soon :D
 

masumo

Member
May 16, 2005
67
0
0
bob digi said:
Better shot. This is the boxart minus the Play review score.
That's horrible. The IGN watermark might be enough incentive for Capcom to reissue inserts, hopefully also without the equally horrible Play review stamp.
 

Lavpa Jasai

Member
Sep 25, 2005
1,478
0
0
Picked this up tonight. I did my part :D

Cant wait to start playing it :)

(They ruined the awesome boxart with that stupid friggin score circle...PUT IT ON THE WRAPPER)
 

JoeFenix

Member
Nov 17, 2005
3,580
0
0
Wow, this port just seems like a huge clusterfuck.

I mean I understand the technical ramifications of actualy porting the japanese (incomplete) ps2 code over to the Wii but they seriously needed a couple more months to get the missing effects in and properly polish the controls.

The game deserves better than this...

And that IGN watermark? Wow that is pretty fucking horrible!
 

scitek

Member
Aug 23, 2005
17,119
13
1,400
El Paso, TX
twitch.tv
JoeFenix said:
Wow, this port just seems like a huge clusterfuck.

I mean I understand the technical ramifications of actualy porting the japanese (incomplete) ps2 code over to the Wii but they seriously needed a couple more months to get the missing effects in and properly polish the controls.

The game deserves better than this...

And that IGN watermark? Wow that is pretty fucking horrible!
The game's reviewing well everywhere. It's not like it's a complete bastardization. What's wrong with you people?
 

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jun 7, 2004
21,120
0
0
Waggle is definately getting a bit irritating in combat so far. Unlike Zelda you can't just keep fapping the remote and have Ammi auto swing until you decide to go limp. There is seemingly very rigid timing for doing the quick combos and if you mess it up, the game will require you to stop all motion and restart the waggle to reinitiate attack.

So essentially you really have to time the waggle hardcore and get accustomed to the specific rhythm of it, much more skillplay involved, but its fukk all irritating when you are shaking your wrist like a madman and Ammi does jack shit when the timing gets all missed up.
 

JoeFenix

Member
Nov 17, 2005
3,580
0
0
scitek said:
The game's reviewing well everywhere. It's not like it's a complete bastardization. What's wrong with you people?
I was expecting better. Guess I have higher standards. The game is so unique and one of a kind, we'll never get anything else like this again.

Sorry for expecting a pristine version of it!
 

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Apr 17, 2007
29,342
0
0
HOLY SHIT at the IGN watermark. :lol

I wonder how the hell that happened.
 

KevinCow

Banned
Oct 6, 2007
23,358
0
0
32
I just rented the game last night. Pretty good so far, though I sometimes have a bit of trouble getting the slash stroke right. It seems to be really picky about that one. And I'm still pretty early on, but Issun already annoying as hell. And I hate how in some parts you can't tap A to make the text speed up.
 

Tenbatsu

Member
May 9, 2007
8,211
0
0
Singapore
bob digi said:

Better shot. This is the boxart minus the Play review score.
How the hell did that happen seriously? Just check my box, why is the IGN logo doing there? Capcom asking assets from IGN cause they lost their artwork? Or they freelance IGN artist to do it? Its like Capcom asking IGN for their own logo, what the hell....
 

AgentOtaku

Member
Nov 21, 2005
31,045
1
0
37
Spokane, WA
Brandon F said:
Waggle is definately getting a bit irritating in combat so far. Unlike Zelda you can't just keep fapping the remote and have Ammi auto swing until you decide to go limp. There is seemingly very rigid timing for doing the quick combos and if you mess it up, the game will require you to stop all motion and restart the waggle to reinitiate attack.

So essentially you really have to time the waggle hardcore and get accustomed to the specific rhythm of it, much more skillplay involved, but its fukk all irritating when you are shaking your wrist like a madman and Ammi does jack shit when the timing gets all missed up.
this is precisely why I like the combat....sure, sometimes inaccurate, but for the most part, it's more enjoyable to me than TP's fapping about was...
 

eXistor

Member
Feb 22, 2006
14,517
10
1,310
39
Hell's Ditch
AniHawk said:
Okami's pretty overrated, especially by everyone in gaming.

There, now that's out of the way, Beyond Good & Evil is actually the best game you've never played, but Okami's pretty good too.
Correct answer. It's good, but don't get your hopes up too much, it's definitely no classic.
 

stilgar

Member
Feb 8, 2007
6,044
1
0
www.projet-orphee.org
Tenbatsu said:
How the hell did that happen seriously? Just check my box, why is the IGN logo doing there? Capcom asking assets from IGN cause they lost their artwork? Or they freelance IGN artist to do it? Its like Capcom asking IGN for their own logo, what the hell....
wow. That. is. ridiculous.
 

Snaku

Banned
Sep 15, 2005
25,782
0
0
AniHawk said:
Okami's pretty overrated, especially by everyone in gaming.

There, now that's out of the way, Beyond Good & Evil is actually the best game you've never played, but Okami's pretty good too.
Truth, though I just started playing Okami for the first time.
 

Urban Scholar

Member
Jan 7, 2008
11,142
0
820
Miami, Florida
accelzero.1up.com
Ok I must be dumb because I spent like 5 minutes getting my butt handed to me by those low tier demons. Move the Wii remote to attack...oh I have to keep flicking it up word. I think I have dumb hands too because making a straight horizontal line takes a few tries... Other than these issues still as fun as the PS2 version.
 

Anony

Member
Feb 5, 2008
3,499
0
0
oh wow, i'm looking at the manual, and it's very visible, there's an ign watermark

what's the chances of capcom reprinting the manual and/or reprinting the caseart without the review score on it
 

CTLance

Member
Jul 21, 2007
11,844
0
0
Bavaria, Germany
Phife Dawg said:
Kinda late but Amazon.de has the pre-order for 33€ delivered, not bad I'd say.
True dat. Still, if importing saves me 5 bucks (it's actually $CAD 45.49 aka € 28.67 due to a coupon I had left) then I'll import. And import I did (shipped yesterday). 33€ sounds pretty nice though. 5 bucks difference isn't bad at all. I might even double dip if I have some money to spare in the future. Yay for disposable income.

Can't wait, although the IGN watermark thing is quite discouraging. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING.
 

colinp

Banned
Oct 13, 2005
5,272
0
0
:lol This is definitely one of those times when GAF really delivers. From I AM MR GAY to the IGN logo on Okami Wii...

*Priceless*
 

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jul 4, 2006
32,311
0
1,210
:lol :lol

that can't be real. i'll believe it when i see it on somebody's copy on their floor or somethign.
 

LOcKY

Member
May 3, 2006
475
0
0
United Kingdom
does that mean Capcom has to pay royalty to use IGN logo? who knows but im wondeirng how much money capcom really spent on making Okami for the wii.

im guessing £999.99 :)
 
Oct 11, 2007
32,600
360
1,135
bob digi said:

I just noticed this today. Like the boxart wasn't bad enough with the big Play stamp. There is a fucking IGN watermark right near Ammy's mouth. I was so pissed. How the fuck do you miss that. Unprofessional as shit. Why would you have to steal an image from IGN to make a cover for a game your working on. Just venting.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:D

that, my friends, is classic
 

Narag

Member
Oct 14, 2006
53,474
1
0
i.imgur.com
Anony said:
oh wow, i'm looking at the manual, and it's very visible, there's an ign watermark

what's the chances of capcom reprinting the manual and/or reprinting the caseart without the review score on it
I'm not too concerned about the manual but a reprinted cover would be nice at least. Main in for it or something.
 

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jul 4, 2006
32,311
0
1,210
Narag said:
Its real, Panther. Laughed hard about it last night when I saw this thread then checked my copy.
Ok, it's real. I'm going to say it wasn't an accident and it was intentionally sabotaged.



^^ Thats the artwork on the main page of the Capcom site. If you look for the original released boxart it was reversed as well. Somebody photoshopped it in for this release. Very, very funny if you ask me.


One thing I will note, though, is that you bastards with these copies better realize how valuable they'll be, assuming they change it.
 

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jul 4, 2006
32,311
0
1,210
Narag said:
I'm not too concerned about the manual but a reprinted cover would be nice at least. Main in for it or something.
does the manual have the IGN imprint also?



there's the original version before it was flipped.
 

Bogus

Member
Dec 13, 2006
776
0
0
PantherLotus said:
One thing I will note, though, is that you bastards with these copies better realize how valuable they'll be, assuming they change it.
Yeah, they'll probably be worth 40 dollars or something!