• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ploid 3.0 said:
I never did any icons before and I'm still a digital art noob. Working on uncharted theme slowly as I learn.

85x9etx.png

I need to do it more simple and work on doing good outlines. Ladybug gotta go.

It looks cool. Keep it up.

h3ro

kevm3 said:
final fantasy 6 with amano artwork for the background!

I like the Final Fantasy idea... how about using the sprites from the earlier games as each of the icons!?!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ploid 3.0 said:
I never did any icons before and I'm still a digital art noob. Working on uncharted theme slowly as I learn.

85x9etx.png

I need to do it more simple and work on doing good outlines. Ladybug gotta go.
That looks really good! Keep it up.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
If anyone has the time to put on a Twisted Metal: Black Theme I would be indebted to you for life!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder how long it'll be before someone makes a 360-esque theme..you could probably get the appropriate icons pretty easily ;)

Ploid 3.0

I updated it. Wanted to get a rugged roughed up gold look to it. Still kinda winging it at the moment. Was just going to test and see if I'd be able to do a full thing. Any suggestions for the other stuff? Treasure chest for settings, Elana's camera for photos, dang this can turn out good, but knowing me it will be painfully slow.

8ej4cpz.png

Ploid 3.0 said:
I updated it. Wanted to get a rugged roughed up gold look to it. Still kinda winging it at the moment. Was just going to test and see if I'd be able to do a full thing. Any suggestions for the other stuff? Treasure chest for settings, Elana's camera for photos, dang this can turn out good, but knowing me it will be painfully slow.

8ej4cpz.png

you're doing great. Take your time with it. I'm sure it'll be badass when you're done!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Ploid 3.0 said:

Do you have any idea how many icons are supported by this theme thing?

Seventy by my rough count. Plus mouse pointers and backgrounds.

YYZ

this is probably something a lot of angry owners on the PS Blog didn't expect. It's like a whole new non-game for PS3 owners :D

Give it a few weeks, there will be a lot of cool themes popping up and people will like Sony again.

Vashu

Ploid 3.0 said:

8ej4cpz.png

Just take your time. Any golden idol in the game? You can put two of those together for the Friendslist. Or just use the two wrestlers depicted in this weeks PSN thread. :lol

Maybe you can create an old and busted tv for the the Movie section.

Raist

Banned
iapetus said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Good thing I don't know XML, I would waste hours on this :lol

Ploid 3.0

iapetus said:

Yea, I'm screwed. But icons are kinda fun and care free to make. Takes no time if you got an idea and good texture reference. I hope Uncharted don't turn out bad since I'm going to invest so much time into it most likely.

iapetus said:

The amount of icons needed is half the reason I've been second-guessing my urge to make a theme myself, lol.

Wallpapers I can do just fine, but the 70+ images part? Not so much...

h3ro

The new CoD4 Walls on the PSN store would look great with an Uncharted Theme...

Right now I'm using one of them with the Nature icons...

kevm3

I wish the OS allowed you to have a background music to go along with the theme. I'd have the FF6 overworld theme playing. Can't remember exactly what it's called.

Tideas

Banned
wow, this theme thing is like a treasure in a small little box with an infinite hold. It just keeps giving and giving!

h3ro

Oh man, now devart is on this! Some of the artists on that site are amazing... there are going to be some crazy themes coming outta that place!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ploid 3.0 said:

8ej4cpz.png
Use her camcorder for videos and some pro looking photo camera for photos.
Compass for Online/Network maybe?

Synless

m0dus said:
An early mockup for a NeoGAF theme.

The background is a 3D-render + some 'shopping.

The icons are NOT final. They are vector-based art, but I'm thinking of going with an ambient glow effect. The orange/gray neogaf theme will be carried through to the rest of them.

gafps3mockup.jpg
Yes, FTFW!!!!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I really wish we could have animated backgrounds...

I really like all this though, the Nature theme is beautiful.

Diagol

m0dus said:

The icons are NOT final. They are vector-based art, but I'm thinking of going with an ambient glow effect. The orange/gray neogaf theme will be carried through to the rest of them.

Wow.

I really, REALLY like this.

Ploid 3.0

Marconelly said:
Use her camcorder for videos and some pro looking photo camera for photos.
Compass for Online/Network maybe?

Oh yea, good points, and nice idea on the compass.

m0dus said:

img

OMG win!!!!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
m0dus said:

gafps3mockup.jpg

That right there man is fucking awesome dude you have fucking mad skill man.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Awesome job M0dus.

Can we please stop quoting a 1920x1080 image without removing the / ? Seriously, is this your first day on GAF?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Oh I like orange :D.

Can you tone down a bit the intensity of the huge light ball on the right... ? I fear for LCD owners all around the globe :p.

m0dus said:

gafps3mockup.jpg

WOW.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This is a bad pic, but if someone can get this theme on the ps3, I will be very grateful.

DSC01255.jpg

m0dus said:

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07454/gafps3mockup.jpg

That is awesome.

Synless

neojubei said:
This is a bad pic, but if someone can get this theme on the ps3, I will be very grateful.

That is awesome.

Please Do an okami theme someone and make it with kanji that looks all waterpainted, that's all I want.

Raist

Banned
Awesome work, m0dus.

The one from this deviantart guy is also nice, but why the fuck did he pick this resolution ? <_<

Top Bottom