• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

I tried this with a mate last night and it wouldn't work - would like to know if my speeds are fast enough. He was the host, I was trying to access.

5.0 down, 1.0 up - should that be enough to connect? If anyone is willing to try later tonight (about 8pm UK time) would really appreciate it - psn name is same as gafname.

Would really like this to work, even thinking about moving provider!

jiggles

Banned
I can't seem to host Sportsfriends. It gives the guest the "blocked in your region" message.

I have the backer version, so it's probably to do with that, as the regular version still shows in the store as available for purchase. I never added it when it was on Plus because I assumed they were the same thing. Livid.

Apparently Shadow of Mordor can't be shareplayed in Europe, much like Lego Marvel. Looks like WB games are restricted in Europe, but not other regions?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Posted?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/ps4-sh...-downloading-a-patch-for-a-game-you-don-t-own

Seems quite odd it would do that. Impressions sound great so far cannot wait to try it out
in 2015.

remember this from the February reveal?

the PS4 will get to know you in a way, and will keep track of your likes and dislikes and will learn your habits to personalize the console. The PS4 will automatically download content that it knows you’ll like. Essentially, the PS4 wants to decrease the amount of time needed to download a game, meaning that PS4 will download games for you before you even think about it.

I played around with this a little last night on Madden with some of my friends. This feature is amazing. It's literaly brought the idea of sitting down and playing your games with a friend to the modern age.

ta155

I'm sat next to my PS4 but will be working from 4pm UK time for a couple hours so more than happy to host a session to see how my internet connection handles it.

I have Mordor, Second Son, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Garden Warfare, FIFA 15, Diablo 3, Worms, all the Plus staff since launch, LEGO Hobbit and I think a couple others.

At some point I'd love to give Alien and Driveclub a go so hit me up on PSN if you wish - dartfordgooner.

Cheers!

I'm sat next to my PS4 but will be working from 4pm UK time for a couple hours so more than happy to host a session to see how my internet connection handles it.

I have Mordor, Second Son, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Garden Warfare, FIFA 15, Diablo 3, Worms, all the Plus staff since launch, LEGO Hobbit and I think a couple others.

At some point I'd love to give Alien and Driveclub a go so hit me up on PSN if you wish - dartfordgooner.

Cheers!

Just sent a message - destiny would be fine, just want quick test!

Since I don't play my PS4 I'll let people play as much as they want (within reason of course) if we set up a time and day.

Region - NA West (PT)
Time - Anytime during weekends, afternoons during weekdays.
Games I currently have installed on PS4 -
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Destiny
  • Fez
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • P.T.
  • Resogun
  • Road Not Taken
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Trine 2
  • Velocity 2X
PM me if your interested.
Qouted for new page.

Paganmoon

So, just started my ps4, and it started downloading update file for driveclub, which I don't have, but played over share play yesterday, yeah, this could be an issue for some.

Samus4145

Share Play is freeeking fantastic. First after I finished with parent consults (I'm a teacher) I managed to play Lord of the Fallen because of shareplay. It isn't something I will buy at full price but it was enjoyable and if/when its on sale in the PSN store I'll pick it up.

I was showing my friend shareplay as he had only just updated to 2.0 when we decided on fifa as I wanted a "local" coop game. He had never played fifa before and then this happened.

I'm the one saying instructions with a croaky voice

Watched it a couple of times. I don't get it. Looks like FIFA to me?

Just played my buddy in Madden 15 online while my other friend (who doesnt own Madden) remote in and took over during offensive drives. Said it was smooth as silk.

SHARE PLAY DA FUTURE

Happy for anyone to try any of my games for a while.

20141029180248.jpg

20141029180254.jpg

20141029180259.jpg

20141029180308.jpg

20141029180315.jpg

20141029180322.jpg

20141029180329.jpg

I would love to try this but there aren't really any games I wanna try. I wonder if using shareplay would be better sometimes than actually playing through the games netcode especially for fighters. That would be some crazy shit.

BibiMaghoo

Well, they are a thing in most, if not all developed countries, aren't they?

They exist, but they are certainly not common use enough to warrant locking something behind it. In the UK, I have never actually seen an ID card, as people use a full driving license or passport as a recognised form of ID. I have never been asked or had it suggested that I need to show or have one my entire life.

So not really.

StrongM13

Neo Member
I tried to play splitscreen minecraft with my buddy in WV from GA last night and it wouldn't work. Kept coming up saying that the screen cannot be shared because of spoilers or something like that (not exactly what it said, but that was how I interpreted it.) Has anyone heard any word of minecraft having troubles with shareplay or has anyone gotten it to work?

Bog

Junior Ace
Where are you guys located that you're getting like 5 mb/s down and .8 up? That seems extremely low.

Remote play and Share play are things that were considered when the PS4 was in the creation stages right? Or is it fully software based? Is Xbox One capable of doing this?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I tried to play splitscreen minecraft with my buddy in WV from GA last night and it wouldn't work. Kept coming up saying that the screen cannot be shared because of spoilers or something like that (not exactly what it said, but that was how I interpreted it.) Has anyone heard any word of minecraft having troubles with shareplay or has anyone gotten it to work?
Want to try it with me?

I own it so we can try both ways

Remote play and Share play are things that were considered when the PS4 was in the creation stages right? Or is it fully software based? Is Xbox One capable of doing this?
It's hardware-based on both consoles. Radeon GPUs have a dedicated H.264 encoder/decoder. So yeah, Xbone is perfectly capable as well. ;)

Dragon

Banned
It's hardware-based on both consoles. Radeon GPUs have a dedicated H.264 encoder/decoder. So yeah, Xbone is perfectly capable as well. ;)

The PS4 has a dedicated additional hardware chip I had thought? Xbone I thought did the twitch streaming through software?

The PS4 has a dedicated additional hardware chip I had thought? Xbone I thought did the twitch streaming through software?
You're talking about the Southbridge, which is irrelevant in this case.

Both consoles have dedicated circuitry (inside the APU) to encode/decode videos.

My buddy loved it, in fact he beat me 3-2 in OT

I played someone in here and lost 4-2 :( There was quite a bit of lag but it was definitely playable though. We were across the country which doesn't help.

The responsiveness was much better against my friend who lives in the same city, I share played on his system and won 4-1 and 3-2 in OT. Was almost like playing locally - very impressive

truth411

I played someone in here and lost 4-2 :( There was quite a bit of lag but it was definitely playable though. We were across the country which doesn't help.

The responsiveness was much better against my friend who lives in the same city, I share played on his system and won 4-1 and 3-2 in OT. Was almost like playing locally - very impressive

What were the upload speeds? I have 110mb down and 11mb up.

VariantX

Tried it with a friend who lives about a little under 10 minutes drive away from me, was sort of laggy, but not to the point where a game is unplayable, but definately out of my comfort zone when it comes to responsiveness. I couldn't play the evil within properly due to the lag screwing with my aim precision, but shadow of mordor played just fine. Felt like it was about between 0.5 to 1 second of lag. Wish they could come up with a way for me to remotely play some couch co-op games over shareplay, could breathe new life into spelunky for me by playing this way.

What were the upload speeds? I have 110mb down and 11mb up.

Not sure about the first person I played with, but for the person in the same city he has 50 down and 10 up.

I have 25 down and 3 up, and he was able to connect to my system and play Knack with me without issues.

Tried it with a friend who lives about a little under 10 minutes drive away from me, was sort of laggy, but not to the point where a game is unplayable, but definately out of my comfort zone when it comes to responsiveness. I couldn't play the evil within properly due to the lag screwing with my aim precision, but shadow of mordor played just fine. Felt like it was about between 0.5 to 1 second of lag. Wish they could come up with a way for me to remotely play some couch co-op games over shareplay, could breathe new life into spelunky for me by playing this way.

You can play co-op Spelunky with share play, just give the person in your party the second controller instead of your own.

truth411

I think performance is heavily dependent on both host and client internet connections. Especially the Host's upload speeds and ping.

vercity82

Anybody wanna play my games im cool for the next two hours so if there is anybody that wants to play peggle unfinished swan the walking dead ep 1 just add me randellauk and send a message

Thanks for the session! I'm having so much fun, that delay is killing me! Haha

Fuck lava!

Edit: Can't praise enough how good the game look, it look like 720p game running native on my PS4, you must have killer internet speed!

Not a problem, sorry for that disconnect. Not sure what happened at that point as I didn't see myself drop off.

Lrrr

Just finished my session with AbandonedTrolley. He's in the UK and I'm in New York and everything worked brilliantly. I played 4 races of DriveClub and there was no input lag whatsoever. The video quality was less than 720p, but the framerate was rock solid. I've played sessions of NBA 2K, Gears of War and Halo 4 that ran like complete garbage, but Share Play seems like the real deal. :)

Thanks AT!

Can anyone host any game for me for a couple of minutes?
I've just tried hosting for my friend and it worked great, but I coudn't play as a guest.
I really want to test this part as well.
My PSN: Mammont

ta155

I'm online now for the next half hour and would love to give Alien or Driveclub a go if anyone's feeling generous.

ta155

I can host a Driveclub session if you want.

Thanks for that race, didn't think it played too badly and it looked pretty nice.

As for the SharePlay tech, I'm very impressed and think it'll be genuinely useful going forward. Great way of replacing demos.

Top Bottom