• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

All I know is Towerfall is a blast to play. If anyone wants to have at it send me an invite @DoubleDeazy2 ive got 755up/75down so lag shoupd be minimal

Cudder

This is going to lead to developer contests where a number of people get to Share Play unreleased games. Sounds pretty cool.

_Ryo_

Think about what the implications this feature has for eSports. Like, there could be teams of people and if one person gets too tired or whatever she/he could call on a team mate from across the world to take over for him/her. There would obviously be limits but it has major benefits for teamwork.

Percy

Banned
Wait, the feature is region locked? So I wouldn't be able to play any Japanese games if I got someone to stream them for me?

J 0 E

I'm from eastern EU, and I today played Diablo3 that was hosted by gaffer from Canada. There are several other reports in this thread of games that did not have region restriction.

Maybe some games do have it, maybe its PSN dying, we shall see...

It's region locked for the accounts region not the location

Honome

I tried it a few hours ago on Virgin Media, it seemed to work perfectly on my end (I was hosting).

There will never have lag for who's hosting, i guess...

I tried WE2015 demo with a friend from Australia (i'm in Brasil) and for me it was perfect (i was hosting) but he said it was laggy for him... I guess i need more upload speed in my connection, have a 30/2

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Got 12MB download and 600KB upload speeds. So I guess I can play other people's games but can't feasibly let them play mine.

Wow, lots of creative ways for the industry to use this. Please Sony, set up stations at E3 and let those of us not fortunate enough to attend E3 play your games from the comfort of our homes!

LAM09

There will never have lag for who's hosting, i guess...

I tried WE2015 demo with a friend from Australia (i'm in Brasil) and for me it was perfect (i was hosting) but he said it was laggy for him... I guess i need more upload speed in my connection, have a 30/2

Did the demo work? I just tried it, and it didn't work.

J 0 E

I have a US Plus account and a EU non Plus account, this restriction is kinda problem for me since I can't get invited and play Co-Op with my friends with EU accounts until I subscribe in Plus again.

It's not that big of a deal though.

Honome

Did the demo work? I just tried it, and it didn't work.

Yes, the WE worked, didn't tried PES. I want to try it with someone with a better upload speed since it seems to be the trick to a good remote play experience. Add me on PSN and we can try later: Honome_US

If anyone wants to try out Alien let me know, online at PSN chubigans.

That was amazing. Freaking. Amazing.

Played alien btw, chubigans has a godlike connection and/or this technology is the future. It was seamless, except for lag that we think was the game chugging and not the connection.

LAM09

Yes, the WE worked, didn't tried PES. I want to try it with someone with a better upload speed since it seems to be the trick to a good remote play experience. Add me on PSN and we can try later: Honome_US

I tried the WE demo as well, but it said it was locked. Weird!

this is still a bit flawed. My PS4 was download a bunch of Diablo patches when I don't own the game and only tried it off a friend. what is the point in patches downloading if I don't own the game or even have it installed?

Gaz_RB

This is going to be great for OTs that are a little less mainstream than the usual, and you have people curious about the game but not completely sold.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I don't think we quite understand how cool this will actually be for OTs.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
this is still a bit flawed. My PS4 was download a bunch of Diablo patches when I don't own the game and only tried it off a friend. what is the point in patches downloading if I don't own the game or even have it installed?

Was your friend's game not up-to-date wrt patches?

It would be funny if this was using some kind of advanced PlayGo variant to serve the game to the remote player via local playback, but I doubt it's the case...

I'm pleased to hear a lot of good experiences on this. Still don't have a PS4 (!) but this is helping me get there. This seemed like one of the further-future 'imagineering' ideas at the PS4 announcement, really great it's out in the first year.

CozMick

Banned
Had a gaffer playing fifa 15 seasons just now, not sure how it went :p

Anyone wanna play a game to try it out? just send me a FR..

Im in the UK, Virgin Media, 152mb down, 15mb up

Top Bottom