• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

When Phil Spencer said it matched the CG trailer in visuals, it sounded like the usual PR nonsense we're fed on a regular basis. But I'm really impressed by how well they captured the look from that. Game looks like a hell of a lot of fun, too.

Another call for better quality version of video (Blimsignal!). Love the over the top craziness of it all and that 'amped' up parkour plus insano weapons is amazing!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Jet Set Radio meets Dead Rising by way of a colorful 90's Midway coin-op classic like Smash TV or Total Carnage?

Hell yes.

I would love to see a Limited Edition Orange box to just scream out the over-the-topness-goings-on. I've seen enough to say it deserves it.

OneUh8

Looks like so much fun. Love the art direction and visuals. Don't have a X1 yet, but hoping to get one this fall if they do that $399 price drop.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
just to note on the animation, our animators tell me they have polished much since that build.

I still think it looks great, but we're obviously still working hard on this thing :)

Dat box art

iMz0lCv.png

Mighty fine, hope they put the Edge cover art on a LE.

raven777

just to note on the animation, our animators tell me they have polished much since that build.

I still think it looks great, but we're obviously still working hard on this thing :)

yea the wall walking looked kinda awkward but good to hear that it will be better.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I've been fairly skeptical of this game but that gameplay footage looks really good! Man oh man that humor is absolutely awful though, at least it's not my kind of humor. Gah.

Seems really early in development but very promising. Nice stuff Insomniac.

Chairhome

Reminds me a bit of Dead Rising, which I love. Looks great though, I can't wait. I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but if they add a horde mode I'll love it. I'm okay with just great single player, though.

soultron

Banned
Looks great. Depending on how it's received, I would definitely consider this as the potential system seller that forces me to get a XB1.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The only thing I could do without after seeing it in motion is the 2d "whoosh" lines behind the player as your grinding and moving fast. Also, I would have hoped they might have shown something that looked a little more like "expert" traversal to really show how the amps + traversal system really would pay off. Otherwise, it looks pretty sensational.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!

JS - it looks beyond awesome. Exactly what I was hoping for. Keep doing what you're doing.

hawk2025

I don't want to be presumptuous, but I really think that the main thing that stands out as one of the few negatives are the animation transitions between the different traversal moves.

Nail those (particularly the wall-running, I feel like it needs a bit more momentum, to make it feel punchy and fun), and you've already got the whole package, it seems like :)

Y'all have always had awesome animation transitions for Ratchet's moves, though (the Wrench vertical attack --> Movement transition is absolutely memorable), so I'm not even worried :p

Top Bottom