• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TGS 2006 Summary Megathread

Amir0x

Banned
gofreak said:
I presume the only in-engine shot is on the first page there. Will we get a trailer at TGS?

I sure hope so! White Knight has joined L.A. Noire as my most anticipated PS3 game I wish to see

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
According to PSPUpdates, Famitsu is reporting that Sony will have 11 PSP demos available through their Playstation Spot kiosks, including Loco Roco and Monster Hunter Portable 2.

Pimpwerx

Lost in most of the melee recently is that the Sony prophet has been right about most of the stuff he predicted. It's like the most reliable prediction ever made in gaming forum history. Unfortunately, he had to be right about the GTHD thing. :( PEACE.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pimpwerx said:
Lost in most of the melee recently is that the Sony prophet has been right about most of the stuff he predicted. It's like the most reliable prediction ever made in gaming forum history. Unfortunately, he had to be right about the GTHD thing. :( PEACE.

Anybody has a link to that prediction? I didn't bother at first, but gotta double check it now :)

Pimpwerx said:

If he's right about Heavenly Sword then Oh shit x10.

Hey when will the first JRPG hit for the PS3?

Sure looks like the next year if you want a next gen JRPG then the 360 is your console of choice.

Mrbob

KeithFranklin said:

Sure looks like the next year if you want a next gen JRPG then the 360 is your console of choice.

Do you ever stop trolling the PS3?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
KeithFranklin said:

If only they would release them without f*cking region encoding. *grumble*

bengraven

Damn, just re-reading the first post. We get nothing tomorrow? MS's pre-conference today and then the show starts on the 22nd? Man, tomorrow's the only day I have off this week; was hoping I could keep checking back here all day and stay updated.

Mrbob

KeithFranklin said:
Asking a simple question is trolling. Since when?

Trolling is when you make false claims to start a flame war.

Uh huh.

Anyyway let us not dissolve the thread any further.

jiggle

bengraven said:
Damn, just re-reading the first post. We get nothing tomorrow? MS's pre-conference today and then the show starts on the 22nd? Man, tomorrow's the only day I have off this week; was hoping I could keep checking back here all day and stay updated.

Tomorrow is the Sony conference

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Amir0x said:
Well I updated with the latest that I can see, if I missed anything feel free to point it out.
Official Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin Website up and 1UP preview:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_ds2/
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153801

New FFXII:RW scan + Staff Credits :
Jonnyram said:
There'll be a movie at TGS tomorrow, so maybe you can get a better idea about it then. For many, though, FFXII felt like the ending was rushed, so I don't think there's any harm in developing the story further.

MGS Sons of Liberty Digital Graphic Novel coming to PSP:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/733/733875p1.html

Your Kingdom Hearts bullet needs to be changed because:
duckroll said:
I'm still boycotting this thread, but I just came in to say:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories PS2 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol NOT A PART OF KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX+ :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
i had updated the FFXII stuff right before you posted that heh. Everything else is now done including other various updates, thanks :)

Mrbob

19 hours until Kuturagi starts flexing his muscle!

kenkmuscleman3dp.png

duckroll

http://www.mmv-i.net/tgs/index.html

Of note:

「秘密プロジェクト “PROJECT H”  緊急ステージ発表!!!」
・ステージ開始時刻 11:00〜
 E3で幻の映像と噂されたプロモ映像を緊急公開!!
 超絶鬼才ゲームデザイナーS氏と某ゲーム雑誌K編集長が対談!?

Which says that they're unveiling "Project H" that had a mysterious E3 video shown. It's from 'super unorthodox game designer Mr. S" so I'm going to guess that this is Heroes from Suda51? Marvelous is going to publish it in Japan?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Infitinte Undiscovery, Trusty Bell, Blue Dragoon, Lost Oddessy - wow, I'm impressed with the RPG's on the 360.

Those are 4 potentially quality RPG expeirences, and from Japan? wtf is going on here

Neo_Dasus

Consoles are dead to me, DS & PSP ftw.

EdiT: You know what would be great?

If we only had one console and one handheld, both superb platforms in every way. This way, all of the companies would HAVE to support them :)

Imagine, all of the franchises on one console :D

GashPrex said:
Infitinte Undiscovery, Trusty Bell, Blue Dragoon, Lost Oddessy - wow, I'm impressed with the RPG's on the 360.

Those are 4 potentially quality RPG expeirences, and from Japan? wtf is going on here

I know. It is like MS laid down the JRPG bomb on Japan.

Hopefully this is only the beginning of a JRPG revolution on the 360 and not just a handful of games that will comprise the entirety of Microsoft's JRPG Library for all of this gen.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
duckroll said:
http://www.mmv-i.net/tgs/index.html

Of note:

Which says that they're unveiling "Project H" that had a mysterious E3 video shown. It's from 'super unorthodox game designer Mr. S" so I'm going to guess that this is Heroes from Suda51? Marvelous is going to publish it in Japan?

They are publishing, in conjunction with Spike.

GO HEROES!!!

I hope we get some more video and gameplay details!
Please post if found anywhere.

Neo_Dasus said:
Consoles are dead to me, DS & PSP ftw.

EdiT: You know what would be great?

If we only had one console and one handheld, both superb platforms in every way. This way, all of the companies would HAVE to support them :)

Imagine, all of the franchises on one console :D

no competition ftl

Amir0x

Banned
Updated the main post with lots of new media and videos and information. The calm before tonight's megatons, surely :p

bud

It's gonna be midnight over herer when kk starts talking, which means i'll probably be in bed

I have to miss out on the fun *cries*

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Bud said:
It's gonna be midnight over herer when kk starts talking, which means i'll probably be in bed

I have to miss out on the fun *cries*

Ditto. And these guys aren't the only ones making big presentations tomorrow, so it'll be the end of the day (in Japan) before I can catch up on the news.

Plus there's a fierce storm outside! Must be an omen :p It'd be just my luck for me to lose electricity for tomorrow..

Amir0x

Banned
gofreak said:
Ditto. And these guys aren't the only ones making big presentations tomorrow, so it'll be the end of the day (in Japan) before I can catch up on the news.

Plus there's a fierce storm outside! Must be an omen :p It'd be just my luck for me to lose electricity for tomorrow..

well i'll be updating the first post for you :D

Top Bottom