• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Colasante

they aren't. i wouldn't call many teams a "lock" at this point. off the top of my head the only teams who i would say are a 100% lock are:

steelers (ramirez)
colts (luke)
eagles (cb)
broncos (crow)
packers (ez)
bears (bob)
bucs (dm)
panthers (gcq)

i might be missing one or two but the pats aren't one of them

Awesome. So Sanjuro and I would play and the winner gets the Pats?

Nightz

they aren't. i wouldn't call many teams a "lock" at this point. off the top of my head the only teams who i would say are a 100% lock are:

steelers (ramirez)
colts (luke)
eagles (cb)
broncos (crow)
packers (ez)
bears (bob)
bucs (dm)
panthers (gcq)

i might be missing one or two but the pats aren't one of them

Rawr.

Sanjuro

motherfucker if i don't get the niners by default, livewire dont get the skins by default, wellington dont get the giants by default, etc. you aint gettin the patties by default. don't fear competition! fight for lady brady!

Sure. The match-ups are between people who have participated in multiple leagues. I've been doing so for years.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AT went through like all four seasons of Madden 10 and whatever there was of Madden 11.

But on the other hand, neither of us is hard to get hold of and have played all of our games

Sure. The match-ups are between people who have participated in multiple leagues. I've been doing so for years.

while this is true, you have also been in and out of participating. how many simmed games did you have this season? how many games where someone had to sub for you? you didn't participate in the FA period last year which had tom brady and gronk amongst others released and was a pain in the ass.

it will be discussed closer to the time when madden 13 starts but my gut feeling is that we would let colasante play you for the pats

Sanjuro

I got a crack at the Packers after my first season. I was handled, but still, I was given the shot.

There is some sort of balance of,

A. We know who you are from the sports threads.

&

B. You showed up and played your games.

while this is true, you have also been in and out of participating. how many simmed games did you have this season? how many games where someone had to sub for you? you didn't participate in the FA period last year which had tom brady and gronk amongst others released and was a pain in the ass.

it will be discussed closer to the time when madden 13 starts but my gut feeling is that we would let colasante play you for the pats

The hell are you talking about? I went on vacation for two weeks this last season. Other than that, I played every game.

BigAT

I'm sure. I played it for like 10 hours in the beta way back when so it's just bad memories.

I actually do like it better. If they are to the point of tweaking UI aesthetics, the game must be launching soon right?

I actually don't think so, unfortunately. Aren't there still a ton of heroes that have yet to be added?

Rorschach

If I lose the Raiders, can I play for the 9ers? ...although I'd lose that too. Put up a list of available teams (that aren't being played for)!

Sokantish

Well Rors they said if you want the Raiders they're yours, and I'm the only other person that would want them and I don't really care that much. I'll use any team. Then I'll wait for you to disappear for half a year again and take them!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice, best D in the league, second best D by points allowed, second most sacks, best defensive 3rd down %, second best pass and run D in the league, 3rd lowest in RZ attempts allowed, tied for 3rd lowest in first downs allowed.

Take away Michael Johnson's sacks and the rest of the Bengals team has 30 sacks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I could pkay anytime between 2-5 today. Had something planned tonight for a couple hours and don't know exactly when i'll be back so don't want another fiasco like lag/late/dotafest1. :D

Crap I have something planned for 2-6 today lol.

What time can you go tomorrow?

eznark

Banned
I actually don't think so, unfortunately. Aren't there still a ton of heroes that have yet to be added?

I assume characters will be added for the entire run or the game, a la LoL. I don't know that they need to be at full D.o.t.a. Roster size to launch. At some point I assume they want to monetize this.

Reinvited Ferny. Passed power to DM. This league isnt corrupt enough for me to run!

hear hear brother! see you losers in madden 13 when our black wings engulf this league again

p.s. year end (as in, all encompassing madden 12) awards will be up at some point next week!

BigAT

I assume characters will be added for the entire run or the game, a la LoL. I don't know that they need to be at full D.o.t.a. Roster size to launch. At some point I assume they want to monetize this.

I want it to go to retail as much as anyone, but I just get the feeling Valve is in no rush. Maybe they use The International II as a launching point out of the beta, but even that is at least a few months off.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking got red ringed twice. What the hell is going on!

Ferny and I will have to try again tomorrow. I'm getting two reds on the left side, any advice?

eznark

Banned
I want it to go to retail as much as anyone, but I just get the feeling Valve is in no rush. Maybe they use The International II as a launching point out of the beta, but even that is at least a few months off.

Oh yeah. By soon I meant sometime this year.

Mrbob

I don't know whats up my team being road warriors this year. I tend to play better on the road than at home.

Brooks makes a miraculous dumb catch for me on like the 3rd play of the game, and gets hurt at the same time out for game. That 4 game stretch during the season without him helped me out because I had to basically play this whole game without him.

I got away with a td pass in the 3rd quarter that could have went either way but my guy made a play on the ball to make it 21 to 10. If that ended up a taint it could be a different game.

GG Nightz, I know the feel of those games. All the 50/50 plays went to me. Looks like I'm onto New York next.

Nightz

GG Nightz, I know the feel of those games. All the 50/50 plays went to me. Looks like I'm onto New York next.

No worries. As I told you before the game, I've just been waiting to be eliminated so I can get rid of the game lol. I need a break before Madden 13. Good luck the rest of the way!

LukeSmith

FMT, CB - I think for the NCAA league we should try LB/Safety only for the first season (maybe all of them).

It's time to take a bold new step in user defense

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT, CB - I think for the NCAA league we should try LB/Safety only for the first season (maybe all of them).

It's time to take a bold new step in user defense

7PbLk.gif

couple problems with that:

1. it's hard to monitor. honestly i don't pay much attention to where the other guy is playing on every play

2. in games with excessive lag, i am not going to control a LB or safety. in my game earlier in the season against colasonte there was quite a bit of lag and i played lb. i gave up like 300 yards rushing because i was out of place so much due to the lag. i played pheeniks and it was laggy again so this time i switched to d-line and i didn't have nearly the problems stopping the run

Top Bottom