• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Madden 2006 Online Franchise thread!

i guess this thread is really just to a core group of about 7 or 8 people (myself included). i've been reading stephsonics (or whatever his name is) thread and impressions @ maddenmania, so i have a pretty good idea of how the online portion will work. so here are the details:

What we know:

* Basically you start up an "offline" franchise. you choose "X" number of human controlled players.
* You play your game. Then, you can upload the file to the other person(s) in your league
* If you are matched up head to head w/ someone in your league, you can "spawn match" and play right then and there and have it count.

What we don't know:

* Will the "spawned" matches adhere to any sliders you set offline? Or will the sliders be nullified when you get online?

How it can be accomplished:

* Even 8 players is pushing the boundaries of the whole concept, but anymore than 8 people will be impossible. What we would have to do is come up with a very specific schedule. i dont even know how feasible this is, because people would need to play in order, i.e.:

1. fmt play on monday, upload the file to dm.
2. dm play monday afternoon, upload to ck.
3. etc

i guess you could "upload" to whoever you see online and play that way, but then the problem arises what if your game comes AFTER another human game? you can't play it. if you try, the cpu will say "simulate all games to this point?" then that ruins someone elses game. so it has to be incredibly specific as far as time and order.

* The draft would be even MORE tricky, but i guess we could get into that later. what i was thinking is that instead of uploading after each pick we could all get together in MIRC and have myself "host" the draft, and kind of post in the chat who is available and then you could relay to me what moves you wanted to make etc. this is the best way to do it (obviously im not going to cheat anyone out of anything), and the quickest way.

this will clearly take a LOT of time (not necessarily a lot of time for YOU playing every week or whatever, i mean a lot of time in actually finishing the season and stuff), so you will have to have patience.

anyone who is interested post here. i don't want to assume anyone is interested because in light of the facts above (and maybe you already knew/assumed them) i want anyone interested to make sure you can commit to it.

post here chums!

Galaron

EA guy that we like
7 or 8 people is a lot to co-ordinate. Think about it like you were using a Sharkport to share your files across the PC, but you're using EA's locker concept instead. It's not a particularly smooth process, but the more people you have to more chance that the file will get bottlenecked with one person, who doesn't have time to grab the franchise file and play his game. Granted, everyone can grab a copy of the host's file, so if someone is dragging their feet you can simply sim their game, but it's obviously not ideal. And you're right about offseason stuff; there's no way you can share the file because some of the offseason steps are time sensitive. You'll probably have to tell the host where the weak spots are in your lineup and trust him to draft for you.

Also, you should be able to spawn your franchise games and upload them to your locker and then download them from your locker to your copy of Madden PSP so you can play your franchise game on the go. Unfortunately, you will have to play your spawn game offline, as you will not be able to play your spawned game head-to-head online on the PSP, that's PS2-only.

newsguy

Ramirez said:
Sounds like too much trouble,I doubt I would play if we had this setup...last year's was fine,IMO.

Oh, I thought he meant seperate from the Madden league. If it's seperate, I couldn't just because I know my work schedule would interfere in trying to do both the league and the franchise.

this is separate from the league. the madden league will happen also. this is just for the few players who have the time and want to play online franchise

Top Bottom