• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your personal comfort food game?

IAmRei

Metroid any series, occassionally i will finish once per year, still give me chill whenever i played fusion, x scene still scare me

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Treasure Chest Pixel GIF by Xbox

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Rhythm games are something I can always dip into for 20 minutes to a couple of hours without being bored. I mainly play on PS4 and DJMax is, I would expect, by far my most played game on the system.

Fabieter

League of legends all random all mid ia my jam when i feel burned-out and just want some chill gaming it always works for me

SHA

PS360 Generation
Castle Crashers
Geometry Wars
Super Stardust HD

PSSnoreBone Generation
Resogun
Peggle 2
Cuphead

Current Gen ain’t got nothing worth replaying Yet.
You sound like you're a quitter, try something else like a different genre, it's probably not what you used to think of.

Last edited:

KillaJamm

The latest Hitman Trilogy, always have it installed, just feels like there is always something new to discover or do, it's that good.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Easily Mario 64. I’ve beaten that game well over 1000, maybe 2000 times. Though a vast, vast majority are 16-star runs. Not exactly speedrunning the game, but basically getting 15 stars of my choosing, then beating Bowser with Mips clip and BLJs.

I used to beat that game every morning in college just to help wake me up. Then I’d play through it again before falling asleep. I have never, and presumably will never, get tired of playing it.

I even became the second person in the world to beat it using a drum kit as a controller about a month ago. It was so much fun. Damn I love that game.

My boy.
YEyhChi.jpg
So let me get this straight. You’ve beaten Mario 64 approximately every 10 days since it released, and maybe even as much as every 5 days since it released? 🤨🤔

ZOD1PzC.png

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So let me get this straight. You’ve beaten Mario 64 approximately every 10 days since it released, and maybe even as much as every 5 days since it released? 🤨🤔

ZOD1PzC.png
I don’t know actually. I was pulling that number out of my ass, but lemme do some quick maths. I’ll try to be conservative and realistic.

Before college I had definitely beaten that game at least 20 times. I started running 16-star Mario 64 at least twice a day in 2006 during college. Always once in the morning, once before bed, very rarely with exceptions. I did this for about 1.5-2 years, every day. Being conservative, I’d say that I beat the game about 600 times per year. That would mean the minimum would be 900 times during my first few years of college. I would continue to run Mario 64 in the mornings throughout college, but once I moved into my apartment in 2008, I didn’t do it quite as much. Still, it would have to be at least another 100 total times.

Since college, I’ve beaten the game between 5-20 times per year. Last year I beat it 8 times. That’s gotta be at least another 100-200.

So I think I’m definitely over the 1000 threshold. But keep in mind these were 16-star runs, so sometimes they only lasted 20 minutes or so. It became so routine that it was like brushing my teeth, only really fun.

I didn’t date very much in college.

Markio128

GT7. It‘s been my no.1 go to game this gen, and I’d never remove it from my library.
Persona 5. It has a cool, fun and welcoming vibe, which is masterful when you consider it deals with some serious issues.
Beat Saber. It’s a game I’m always in the mood for.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I don’t know actually. I was pulling that number out of my ass, but lemme do some quick maths. I’ll try to be conservative and realistic.

Before college I had definitely beaten that game at least 20 times. I started running 16-star Mario 64 at least twice a day in 2006 during college. Always once in the morning, once before bed, very rarely with exceptions. I did this for about 1.5-2 years, every day. Being conservative, I’d say that I beat the game about 600 times per year. That would mean the minimum would be 900 times during my first few years of college. I would continue to run Mario 64 in the mornings throughout college, but once I moved into my apartment in 2008, I didn’t do it quite as much. Still, it would have to be at least another 100 total times.

Since college, I’ve beaten the game between 5-20 times per year. Last year I beat it 8 times. That’s gotta be at least another 100-200.

So I think I’m definitely over the 1000 threshold. But keep in mind these were 16-star runs, so sometimes they only lasted 20 minutes or so. It became so routine that it was like brushing my teeth, only really fun.

I didn’t date very much in college.
Surejan.gif

But congrats if true 😂

Ibara

Dark Souls remastered.
I’ve sunk hundreds of hours and know the map like the back of my hand. Whenever I need a break from anything gaming I find myself going back to this.
Start new game, play until Anor Londo then never finish

Top Bottom