• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG 3DS survived Fire , and water

Nanashrew

Banned
wish I had pictures of my old 3ds still. I was in a terrible car accident years ago where i lost control of the car, it rolled 3 times and I Was ejected from the windshield. Long story short, i pronounced dead on the scene, yet i somehow came back to life, and removed my own white sheet from my body asking everyone what happened, was rushed to the hospital and taken care of.

Later I found out the car had a small explosion and went up in flames. 90% of the things I had in that car didn't survive. The only things that did were my laptop in which i had to replace the screen (still do, its sitting in the storage room somewhere) and my OG 3DS. The top cover is burnt, bottom was burnt, screen had some scuff marks on it, yet the damn thing still worked. Those things are built the last, the charger wasnt though lol.

eventually over time I decided to retire it (it sits somewhere right in a box stored in my storage room, still able to work) and replaced it with the XL.

Holy hell! I'm happy you survived. That is just crazy.

Oregano

wish I had pictures of my old 3ds still. I was in a terrible car accident years ago where i lost control of the car, it rolled 3 times and I Was ejected from the windshield. Long story short, i pronounced dead on the scene, yet i somehow came back to life, and removed my own white sheet from my body asking everyone what happened, was rushed to the hospital and taken care of.

Later I found out the car had a small explosion and went up in flames. 90% of the things I had in that car didn't survive. The only things that did were my laptop in which i had to replace the screen (still do, its sitting in the storage room somewhere) and my OG 3DS. The top cover is burnt, bottom was burnt, screen had some scuff marks on it, yet the damn thing still worked. Those things are built the last, the charger wasnt though lol.

eventually over time I decided to retire it (it sits somewhere right in a box stored in my storage room, still able to work) and replaced it with the XL.

You a vampire? You'd tell us if you were a vampire, right?

Trace

Banned
Damnit Dave, why'd it have to be this way.

Really though I wish my DS Lite had been this durable, hinge cracked and it's basically useless :/

giphy.gif

thats the expression i get in person when i tell my story hahaha.

Holy hell! I'm happy you survived. That is just crazy.

you and me both. Recovery wells hell, but that was years ago, im nearly 100% lol. Just have a huge scar on my head now which was the most damaged part

You a vampire? You'd tell us if you were a vampire, right?

lol if only.

rrvv

I demand picture of the 3ds.

but damn that was hella of story

Holy shit. How did your 3DS survive that?

Remarkable.

Bricky

holy-sht.gif

What is the long story? That is one helluva crazy experience.

lifa-cobex

Aww not Dave :(

Damnit Dave, why'd it have to be this way.

Really though I wish my DS Lite had been this durable, hinge cracked and it's basically useless :/

Same thing happened to me.
I chucked it. It was a pain in the ass to hold up right.

OP: This 3DS got a little charred and somehow still works!
mgs2master2: Oh yeah? Well I was once pronounced dead and came back to life.

Good Lord. Best thread hijack I've read in awhile.

I demand picture of the 3ds.

but damn that was hella of story

when I get home from work i will see if I can dig it out of the storage room.

Holy shit. How did your 3DS survive that?

Remarkable.

dat Nintendoneum.

holy-sht.gif

What is the long story? That is one helluva crazy experience.

PM if interested i can share more of the details there.

OP: This 3DS got a little charred and somehow still works!
mgs2master2: Oh yeah? Well I was once pronounced dead and came back to life.

Good Lord. Best thread hijack I've read in awhile.

yep lol, still relevant but hijacked too.

Why couldn't they give the same attention to the damn shoulder buttons? Those things stop working after a year or two.

Still pretty crazy that it still works though!

Kinvara

Please show us the pics

L.O.R.D

That almost happened to me 14 years ago
The car rolled over . And I was thrown away from the windows and I instantly lost consciousness
Everyone thought I was dead because there was really big scar from my forehead and my leg deformed
Anyway,I survived.and the game boy colors survived too

Haunted

Long story short, i pronounced dead on the scene, yet i somehow came back to life, and removed my own white sheet from my body asking everyone what happened, was rushed to the hospital and taken care of.
That almost happened to me 14 years ago
The car rolled over . And I was thrown away from the windows and I instantly lost consciousness
Everyone thought I was dead because there was really big scar from my forehead and my leg deformed
Anyway,I survived.and the game boy colors survived too
wtf I mean how often does this happen

Top Bottom