• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok i dont understand. is PS3 region locked online?

llTll

Banned
i have japanese ps3 and japanese R:FOM and RR7.

however, when i connect online [ using my canadian account ], it only connect me to japanese servers [ i see japanese names and less people playing R:FOM ] and the same for RR7

i dont understand. is the ps3 region locked online? or there is something i can do with the setting?

llTll said:
i have japanese ps3 and japanese R:FOM and RR7.

however, when i connect online [ using my canadian account ], it only connect me to japanese servers [ i see japanese names and less people playing R:FOM ] and the same for RR7

i dont understand. is the ps3 region locked online? or there is something i can do with the setting?

It is a way of reducing lag in online games. I would imagine that the only way to get round it would be to flash the firmware. Are the games japanese also? I suppose the server region could be on the game disc rather than the console.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Region for online gaming seems determined by the region of game you have.

llTll

Banned
ChrisAllenFiz said:
It is a way of reducing lag in online games. I would imagine that the only way to get round it would be to flash the firmware. Are the games japanese also? I suppose the server region could be on the game disc rather than the console.

yeah the games are japanese. but i dont think thats the problem. i am using NA account

Ressistance don't use the PSN for online gaming, they said that divided the servers by regions because they didn't have time for fully testing multy region online. They may change it with patch.

deathkiller said:
Ressistance don't use the PSN for online gaming, they said that divided the servers by regions because they didn't have time for fully testing multy region online. They may change it with patch.

Hope so. But you should still be able to invite your global buddies manually right?

Acosta

I think that depends of the game. Ridge Racer 7 is global I believe (I´m seeing people from Japan typing in japanese, so I think is safe to think that way), while Resistance is region locked unil Insomniac prepare some global structure (I think they are working on it)

llTll

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
I think that depends of the game. Ridge Racer 7 is global I believe (I´m seeing people from Japan typing in japanese, so I think is safe to think that way), while Resistance is region locked unil Insomniac prepare some global structure (I think they are working on it)

why then i only see like 3 or 4 games and thats about it?

Acosta

llTll said:
why then i only see like 3 or 4 games and thats about it?

Don´t know, my experience online has not been long,I jut got into a room and played two races, but few people were using japanese characters for names and text and I doubt I met the only two japanese gamers who live in Europe and imported a PS3.

Maybe because the hour?

Top Bottom