• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy

Welp, I've been seeing a girl and we both decided to deactivate our accounts. We've only known each other for a couple weeks but there was a crazy amount of chemistry from our first messages onwards. I basically stopped looking at other girls on the site after our first date, which is kinda how I knew she was special. I guess I won at online dating.

Ok, a girl replied on a message that she doesn't do much during winter because she hates the cold and prefers to hibernate. Should I tell her I want to hibernate next to her? The convo is not going much anywhere so I might just drop the bomb right now. What say GAF?

depths20XX

Ok, a girl replied on a message that she doesn't do much during winter because she hates the cold and prefers to hibernate. Should I tell her I want to hibernate next to her? The convo is not going much anywhere so I might just drop the bomb right now. What say GAF?

Sure, why not? Doesn't sound like you have much to lose in asking.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
After two days of chatting with this really cute Russian girl, I asked if she wanted to see Catching Fire since she brought it up that she wanted to see it.

qBjFZv0.png

I moved on. Good choice?

Why didn't you suggest doing that after her finals? Seems pretty shitty to say "yeah, I understad how it is with finals" and then just bail out, if you ask me. She seems genuine.

Proelite

Why didn't you suggest doing that after her finals? Seems pretty shitty to say "yeah, I understad how it is with finals" and then just bail out, if you ask me. She seems genuine.

She purposely didn't reply to my first invite until the weekend was passed. The "maybe later" part also sounds iffy. There is no enthusiasm at all.

I like it better when I get flat out rejected.

I personally wouldn't read too far into semantics. Maybe could mean a lot of things. Maybe she's going home to visit family and doesn't want to commit when she could cancel later. Maybe she's being cute.

If you don't feel that much chemistry or desire to get to know her, move on.

Hard to gauge tone and interest over teh internets, imo.

My 6th grade english teacher once told me that my essays should be like girl's skirts - long enough to cover but short enough to be interesting.

Follow that line and you'll do well in life.

Jimothy

Being busy is code for not being interested. If she was really interested in hanging out with him, she would have made time. When I was on the site a girl mentioning being busy in her messages was a massive red flag, cuz it meant she had no interest in ever meeting up.

megamerican

Welp, I've been seeing a girl and we both decided to deactivate our accounts. We've only known each other for a couple weeks but there was a crazy amount of chemistry from our first messages onwards. I basically stopped looking at other girls on the site after our first date, which is kinda how I knew she was special. I guess I won at online dating.

Congratulations man.

stn

@Proelite

Simple test I always use to find if there's interest. Stop replying. What happens when you do? That's your answer. But yes, I agree with you. Based on her wording I also don't think she has interest, but who knows. My gut says "No" but I could be absolutely wrong.

Being busy is code for not being interested. If she was really interested in hanging out with him, she would have made time. When I was on the site a girl mentioning being busy in her messages was a massive red flag, cuz it meant she had no interest in ever meeting up.
are you srrious.. She was even the first on to suggestif they can meet after finals. I say go for it.

Wait what...

ZDwSCqt.png

This was a whole lot of information that she didn't ask for without any real hook. As Shakespeare said, Brevity is the soul of wit - or better yet, Action is eloquence. Why would you ever tell someone that you were sarcastic or that you're a great cook/photographer? If that's what you want them to know about you then demonstrate it.

Necrovex

Not if it is finals week. Even if I was interested in meeting someone, I always hid myself away during dead week and the actual week of finals.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I'd agree normally but in this instance it doesn't seem that clear-cut to me. Giving her the benefit of the doubt is worth a shot.

How much stock do you guys put in a girl's age range? I msg'd a girl with her age range at 23-26 (she's 24 and I'm 21). The message was a little on the long side but her profile said she enjoyed discussions so I went with it. She actually sent back 3 paragraphs herself, the last paragraph being this,

"As for museums, I mostly know ones for art- MFAH is amazing, as is The Menil- plus, it's always free. Then there's the Health Museum that's actually kind of fun and interesting and more off the wall ones like The Orange Show and the National Museum of Funeral History- though I haven't been to it yet, it looks pretty awesome."

I sent her a message replying to her other points and asking her further questions to keep the conversation going. Then 2 hours later I just said to myself "fuck it" and sent her another message inviting her to go to the National Museum of Funeral History with me on saturday at 1. Hope I didn't screw the pooch on this one.

Majestad

Banned
So I was talking to another girl in case something happened with my main gal. She seemed nice at first, but the more we talk, the more weird things start to come out. She told me she is a virgin and wants me to pop the cherry...

So I was talking to another girl in case something happened with my main gal. She seemed nice at first, but the more we talk, the more weird things start to come out. She told me she is a virgin and wants me to pop the cherry...

The okcupid council has come together and...

an.gif

stn

I wouldn't say that's "weird" per se. Its slightly awkward but definitely normal (and common, in some cases). Go for it if you're open, have fun with it.

Majestad

Banned
Yeah, but the thing is that we haven't even met in person yet. We have talked for like a month, but is that enough to trust a stranger your virginity? I mean holy crap.

Kyne

Don't do it. Virgin sex is never good and she'll just become psycho attached to you afterward.

I repeat, don't do it

not always true. I had virgin sex with a girl recently. It was good, and we actually broke up on pretty good terms a week later.

edit: you know in retrospect I got off pretty fuckin' lucky..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

She has sent me tons of nudes. She's ok. The thing is that I don't feel to comfortable "taking her virginity" away. After all, she is my plan B, and I don't wanna be an asshole and just use her for sex.

On further discussion, Im going to have to see those nudes to advise on the proper course of action.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
been a couple of weeks a small update, the girl from badoo. im still seeing been going great, seems like a found a keeper so to speak, really happy

Is it because she's in so much pain or is there just a lot of blood? Never taken a girl's virginity so I'm curious.

Both.

Lots of starts and stops.

And then once things finally get going 6 hours later, it sucks because she has no idea what to do.

Especially if you want to save your sheets "hold on babe, got to get these in cold water asap"

freshair

Yeah, but the thing is that we haven't even met in person yet. We have talked for like a month, but is that enough to trust a stranger your virginity? I mean holy crap.

Virgin sex is a tricky thing, esp. if it involves someone online.

Since she's your plan B, I'd at least make it known that you're not looking for a relationship or some bullshit. As long as both parties participate knowing all the cards are on the table, then I'd say proceed at your own free will.

But personally, I'm with the others. I don't like being anyone's first anymore, after a bad experience.

Necrovex

Do it. I want to hear the story of the aftermath of when she attempts to murder you afterwards. :-D

Proelite

Hmm so many chats that just broke suddenly after 4-5 messages. I have to admit that I am probably pretty boring to talk to for most girls. Game's hard.

Good news is that the cute Russian girl is still sticking around. :)

I don't think online dating is a thing for me. Granted I've been at this a couple of weeks, but I can tell this isn't going to work. I mean, I'm looking at profiles, answering questions and sending thoughtful-but-not-long messages, but there's so many flaws with this whole environment I don't know if I'm willing to wade through all this shit to find someone.

First there's the obvious that everyone already complains about., the whole "send tons of tailored messages to countless people and hope one of them bothers to respond", wading through tons of "omg no hookups lol" even though you and they know they're only looking for one, the typical 4-5 messages before dropping off the face of the earth stuff. None of that is what really bothers me. It's a weird song-and-dance unlike anything that remotely resembles in-person interaction, but I can see it working. What really bothers me is that on top of all of that^ I have extra shit of my own.

I'm in a conservative college town, and in 10 years I see myself moving somewhere up north with someone in or near my field of profession. That alone eliminates tons of people, because many, many women are interested in staying more or less in their area. Not to mention wading through the college clubbing girls. The size and college-town nature of my area means options are slim, I already feel I've exhausted all possibilities just within a few weeks.

I think I'm better off doing old-fashioned IRL dating/finding people, which is obviously much, much harder, but between the typical online dating annoyances and my particular restrictions I feel like I'm wasting tons of time looking for someone who simply isn't there. Honestly I think I'm better off waiting until I graduate (many, many years from now), move into whatever city I'm ready to settle in, and then look for someone in that area and profession. Maybe.

I don't think online dating is a thing for me. Granted I've been at this a couple of weeks, but I can tell this isn't going to work. I mean, I'm looking at profiles, answering questions and sending thoughtful-but-not-long messages, but there's so many flaws with this whole environment I don't know if I'm willing to wade through all this shit to find someone.

First there's the obvious that everyone already complains about., the whole "send tons of tailored messages to countless people and hope one of them bothers to respond", wading through tons of "omg no hookups lol" even though you and they know they're only looking for one, the typical 4-5 messages before dropping off the face of the earth stuff. None of that is what really bothers me. It's a weird song-and-dance unlike anything that remotely resembles in-person interaction, but I can see it working. What really bothers me is that on top of all of that^ I have extra shit of my own.

I'm in a conservative college town, and in 10 years I see myself moving somewhere up north with someone in or near my field of profession. That alone eliminates tons of people, because many, many women are interested in staying more or less in their area. Not to mention wading through the college clubbing girls. The size and college-town nature of my area means options are slim, I already feel I've exhausted all possibilities just within a few weeks.

I think I'm better off doing old-fashioned IRL dating/finding people, which is obviously much, much harder, but between the typical online dating annoyances and my particular restrictions I feel like I'm wasting tons of time looking for someone who simply isn't there. Honestly I think I'm better off waiting until I graduate (many, many years from now), move into whatever city I'm ready to settle in, and then look for someone in that area and profession. Maybe.

I agree with your whole post but the sentence I bolded is spot on. Its a great way to put it.

I think the people that will be the most disappointed with online dating is those looking for something long-term. I'm not saying it can't happen but online dating really can be a "quantity over quality" thing. It doesn't replace trying to meet women in the real world, but for me I only really meet women at clubs and it not like that happens everytime I go out. I have never been a guy to "day game", even though I have seen potential opportunities, so my options are pretty limited as a single 33 year old guy, so I just see online dating as a great supplement and treat it with a real "don't care" attitude, which I can understand is difficult for a lot of guys, including me at one stage.

potam

Banned
In GAF's collective experience, if a girl messages you first, what are the odds of something actually happening?

Woke up this morning to find a couple of messages from some pretty decently cute girls who I don't think I even looked at/rated their profiles. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but who knows.

And in other news, some crazy hot chick I met at a party this weekend sent me a friend request on FB, but I'm too paranoid that she's not really interested, and just wants to +1 the friend count. Why are girls so scary?

Majestad

Banned
In GAF's collective experience, if a girl messages you first, what are the odds of something actually happening?

Woke up this morning to find a couple of messages from some pretty decently cute girls who I don't think I even looked at/rated their profiles. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but who knows.

And in other news, some crazy hot chick I met at a party this weekend sent me a friend request on FB, but I'm too paranoid that she's not really interested, and just wants to +1 the friend count. Why are girls so scary?

Higher than if you were the one messaging them.

megamerican

Last two girls that messaged me recently resulted in successful dates. Be careful, these types can be crazy clingy.

I'm guessing crazy hot girls probably don't need to worry about their Facebook friend level. I would assume she is at least somewhat interested, or that she thinks you're cool.

megamerican

Yeah, lol it's a thing I learned from this thread. Mainly guys that are into the pickup scene will insult the person they are trying to hit on. I guess the logic is you are bringing their self confidence down or something.

The comment she made about "you aren't cute and ex-military" falls in that type of thing. But like I said I think it's probably a typo.

potam

Banned
Yeah, lol it's a thing I learned from this thread. Mainly guys that are into the pickup scene will insult the person they are trying to hit on. I guess the logic is you are bringing their self confidence down or something.

The comment she made about "you aren't cute and ex-military" falls in that type of thing. But like I said I think it's probably a typo.

Oh. I don't think it was a typo. Girl looks legit fucking crazy to me.

In other potam news, I added the crazy hot chick on FB and she immediately liked/commented on a picture, so woowoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom