• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli Review Thread

Skyzard

Banned

The Cons:

- The difficulty may be too much for some to handle.

*Laughs*

I'm ready.

I reckon it should be have been like a few bux less though (£6 is perfect for PS+ but seems like US skater fans are getting milked a tad/$2). You can't see friend scores in the daily grind?

Tiny bit worried about re-playability. Level editor would have been awesome and friend high scores need to get added.

Can't wait to actually play it though, looks like a lot of fun from all I've watched and read.

Sendou

12003915004_b717eae9e7_z.jpg

Why isn't this in Europe :( This game sounds potentially great. I will probably get it.

SmokyDave

Grabbing this as soon as it goes up tomorrow. I was looking forward to it but the universal praise in the OP has me thinking I might've underestimated how good it is. Sweet.

Carl

"Not a must have so wait til it's free" hmm

Personally really enjoyed what I've played of this last year. Really addictive and great fun. Maybe a touch on the expensive side, but well worth it in my opinion

Twinduct

Looking forward to this.
Wasn't there something about a daily challenge mode for this game?

Nvm just saw in the psnstroes vid =)

Edge review:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/olliolli-review/

Pulling off tricks in OlliOlli – each precision twist, rotation and flick of the Vita’s left analogue stick – feels as satisfying for your fingers to negotiate as any fighting game finishing move. So even if you’re terrible at the game, even if you can’t land a single trick or grind, even if your scores barely creep into triple digits, your avatar’s tumbling faceplant will still imprint the outline of a grinning mouth in the pavement.

Always had an eye on this game, but didn't expect it to receive such a rapturous response. Then again, those are a bunch of reviews from sites I've never heard of before.

Still, for £6 how wrong can you go?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was randomly clicking this thread, expecting to see a lot of shitty reviews and comments about a small shitty game and laugh about it. I did not expect... this.

Hanmik

*adds to list of personally approved review sites*

I don´t know if my Vita is acting up.. but controls are not "that" tight.. The game does not perform the tricks I try to pull of.. it´s like the left stick has a life of it´s own in this game..

I really liked this, too. Perhaps not quite as much as some of the other sites listed, but it is good.

OlliOlli’s certainly not going to kickstart an extreme sports revival, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth your time. This fairly straightforward side-scrolling skateboarding simulation incorporates some sneaky systems that will keep you hooked until you hit the perfect heelflip and five-o, even if the odd oversight in its leaderboards system will leave you pondering the point. It’s not up to par with the Birdman at his best, but this tiny hawk is still good enough to get you in a flap.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/psnvita/olliolli

DirtyLarry

I actually skated for 10 years of my life a very long time ago, back when the Bones Brigade was searching for Animal Chin, so skateboarding itself has a special place in my heart. Any video game that involves skating is an InstaBuy for me, however it sounds like this game is good on it's own merits, which is the icing on the cake. Cannot wait to pick it up. Hopefully it hits the PSN a bit earlier than usual, as it looks like I might be leaving work early and working from home thanks to some snow.

Cardon

will this come out elsewhere as ill never own a Vita unfortunately

Doesn't seem too likely at the moment per this comment from one of the devs:

Tom Hegarty said:
At the moment I should say that it’s a PlayStation Vita exclusive, and Sony has given us this opportunity so we want to stay true to that. In the future with Sony’s blessing we would obviously like to see our game on the PS4 since it would be amazing. So we’ll see. There’s nothing in the pipeline at the moment, but we would love to do it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I was randomly clicking this thread, expecting to see a lot of shitty reviews and comments about a small shitty game and laugh about it. I did not expect... this.
Pssst... The last time a Vita game got such an amount of glowing reviews was Tearaway.
;D
I don't need any other reason to buy but it's always good to read such glowing reviews for an upstart. Imagine if Sony gets these guys to make some PS4 indie games.
Or some Vita indie games !! Freaking PS4 is gonna be flooded with them. Sony published or not.

Hanmik

Yeah, it crashed once for me. Not a big deal, just rebooted the game and it's been fine since. I actually assumed it was a Vita error...

there is a small problem .. but they are working on it..

JHYPRYn.jpg

that´s good to know.. because the game crashed on me when I had a good run..

This game IMO is NOT worth $10+. This game is such a pocket game. This game could easily be put on the APP store instead of the VITA. However I do find it interesting.

I completely disagree with this, it would be awful on a touch screen only device.

It could do with some more content but it does have a very high degree of replayability so even that's not a big issue. The leader board integration needs an overall too.

Still, essential purchase for every Vita owner I'd say.

Top Bottom