• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Burning Blood Playable Roster Revealed (Live Action Trailer Also)

jbug617

Banned
Roster: http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/03/19/one-piece-burning-blood-full-character-roster-revealed/
Support Characters Info: http://www.onepiece-game.com/us/screenshot/announcing-six-support-characters/
OP:BB Live Action Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdatEFBG8FE
Luffy (Gear Four ver. included as Japanese first edition Bonus DLC, Pre- and Post timeskip ver., with Kung fu, and Champion Luffy)
Zoro
Sanji
Nami (normal and separate swimsuit ver. as Japanese first edition DLC)
Usopp (includes Pop Green attack)
Robin (normal and separate swimsuit ver. as Japanese first edition DLC)
Franky (includes General Franky transformation)
Brook
Chopper
Whitebeard
Boa Hancock (normal and separate swimsuit ver. as Japanese first edition DLC)
Doflamingo
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moria
Ivankov
Bon Clay
Bartolomeo
Perona (normal and separate swimsuit ver. as Japanese first edition DLC)
Marco
Sengoku (includes Golden Buddha form)
X-Drake (includes dinosaur transformation)
Law
Shanks
Blackbeard ( also with a ver. using both Devil fruits)
Eneru (includes the usual 200 Million Volt transformation)
Kizaru
Akainu
Aokiji
Smoker
Crocodile
Sabo
Ace
Fujitora
Jozu
Eustass Kid
Mihawk
Koala
Burgess
Jimbe
Koala also has a swimsuit version but it's exclusive in the V-Jump Strategy Guide.

There is also support characters (they give status aids to the fighters) but I don't think they revealed them all yet.
So far the support characters that are confirmed are:
Dr. Kureha
Square Sisters
Laboon
Karoo
Curly Dadan
Bepo

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Tashigi got snubbed. Koala is an amazingly sweet surprise. She needs more screen time. Great roster overall.

I just noticed no Garp....the hell?

pizzacat

Banned
KOAALLLLAAA IM IN IT DAY ONE

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Lunar15

Have we ever even seen Koala fight? I know they do this all the time in these one piece fighting games, but man, it's still weird.

Legitimately shocked that there's no CP9 representation.

MSMrRound

Im not a huge One Piece fan but i have played some of the games.

This looks a lot better than Jump Stars Victory VS.

I'm a pretty big One Piece fan and Koala's inclusion is kinda selling me on the game. I'm just worried that the gameplay seems very repetitive since it's done by Spike Chunsoft who also did J-Star Versus.

A.E Suggs

Don't care about the roster because they more or less got all the main important one's that pirate warriors use. I just want the gameplay to be good and I a lot of costumes

Have we ever even seen Koala fight? I know they do this all the time in these one piece fighting games, but man, it's still weird.

Legitimately shocked that there's no CP9 representation.
She knows fishman karate iirc and yeah no CP9 is surprising.
They have a fishman island stage with no Hody too

Live action trailers are usually rubbish but that was legit hype.
Luffy swinging around like spiderman was great.
KOALAAAAA

Yukinari

I'm a pretty big One Piece fan and Koala's inclusion is kinda selling me on the game. I'm just worried that the gameplay seems very repetitive since it's done by Spike Chunsoft who also did J-Star Versus.

I only bought J-Stars cause of the novelty of the roster and fanservice. I assume this game will at least be enjoyable for more than an hour.

Lunar15

I feel like these types of games are never that great and usually only gain value from fanservice. The problem is that CC2 has absolutely spoiled me in terms of fanservice in their games. Everything else just seems like less of an effort.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
They will probably release some as dlc plus they have to save some big names to advertise the potential sequel. So it makes sense that some important characters are missing.

That's a pretty solid roster right there, though if I had to name some characters that I really think should have been in but aren't, there's Cavendish, Garp, Tashigi, Rob Lucci, & Caesar Clown. Also OP didn't list him but I'm pretty sure Buggy is in, could be wrong though, I'm if he's not that would be a damn shame.

RedBoot

Garp is such a weird one to miss, considering how much Marineford focus the game has. But they did that Marineford trailer a few weeks back and Garp was totally absent, so I guess that's it.

There's some really cool additions here though (Koala, Drake) so I'm excited.

MSMrRound

When's Baby 5 though. Sorta disappointed OP: PW3 didn't include most of the new Dressrosa characters...and now this as well.

ryan13ts

Looks great, can't wait for the US release for this!

I am a llittle disappointed that there hasn't been any CP9 representation or any of Doffy's crew though. I'm really surprised regarding Doflamingo's crew, considering most of them have Devil Fruit's that would translate very well into gameplay (Baby 5, Diamante, Trebol, ect.) and that the anime is at the climax of the Dressrosa arc.

Is this the final roster or could there be more character's we don't know about?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I count four characters that haven't been given an English voice. Being behind is not an excuse Namco. Maybe next game don't be cheap?

mileS

Love fighting games, but mostly watching them be played at a high level lol. That being said its One Piece so it must be mine anyway. Curious as to how a single player story mode will work with the systems they have.

Piers

Looking at those 3D models brings to mind how lame the drawing style of One Piece has become since Ennies Lobby.

Top Bottom