• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Hana-Bi

I'm at around 230 stamina so I guess there wasn't too much of difference in the number of runs between us through stamina refills, although there were 2 days during the meat rate up event that I didn't get any refills. I guess it goes to show you the power of double Haruta.

I wanted to run double Haruta but all the teams I've seen run skill maxed raid Sabo and I'm still 5 levels off. I'm somewhat annoyed he hasn't had a return like you see in most new raids yet.

My Haruta team uses raid Shiki and raid Doffy. 3d2y Zoro and IntHawk are also in my team but not that important (you need a slasher booster and an Int slasher beatstick).

You can clear every stage turn one until the boss stage. You can stall a bit to get Zoro special up to max level but that is not needed.

For Brook stage use Shiki (kills fodder + atk boost for Doffy) and clear.

Boss stage: get him close to 50%, I wait three turns so that Haruta specials are up for the guaranteed int orb and use Doffy and Zoro special and clear it. :)

No, you can clear every stage without any stalling turn one (with average orbs). You can stall some turns to get your Haruta specials up though. This team works really great (with Buggys ship the bonus exp is nice too). :)

I forgot about the CD reduction from the FN bonus, thinking you would need to stall for Shiki's special.

bobohoro

Forgot how difficult 60 stam Raid Boa truly is.
I have a LegAkainu/TS Sanji team that can beat her, but I'm lacking Sakazuki friends. Think I only have one.
Could also do it with a LegLucci team with Zephyr and FN Fossa, but it relies a bit on orb luck and the need for perfects. Oh, and wave 4 can screw you if the penguin has a 1 turn CD.

Which would leave me with the INTHawk/Doffy team with Marco sub. But that's sloooow.

Oh well, not really in the mood to bother with this, so I'll try as many runs as possible on natural stamina, while failing half of them, and leave it at that.

Edit: Spend two gems to try out all the teams and nope, not farming Boa today. My LegLucci team can bearly clear her while hitting all perfects and having some orb luck and there is a possibility to screw up wave 2. I could possibly switch in my 24CD 3D2Y Sanji and be able to stall it out with the Rocket Man, but that's again suspect to some luck. Getting his CD down, pulling Vergo/Blueno or having Nightmare Luffy would make the runs way more consistent, but for now that team is benched.

Akainu/TS Sanji works fairly well, but Kumadori and Kid are both at low levels and failing to get an orb on them or missing perfects means wave 2 can screw me over. Could be helped with getting under 30% on wave 1, but then I'd have to heal back up a bit to tank one hit from Boa. Which is also not too bad, I'd put my success rate with that team at about 85% after figuring out my runs, with a maxed Kid it would be even better. But between failing a few runs and refreshing constantly for my single Akainu friend (seriously, he doesn't show up anywhere for me) I'll just wait for another time.

ExVicis

Double Haruta helped a lot in this fn. And one meat snail gives me almost 8 more runs (I'm close to 240 stamina) so I got quite a few extra runs since I only run this fn all week.
What's your double Haruta team you've been going with? I've been trying to figure out what I can run Rumbar with Haruta as Captain but what I tired wasn't able to make it.

Edit: Nevermind, I couldn't see the second page.
Double Edit: Oh dammit, Shiki. Goddamn I need movie content to re-appear again.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ok I feel really stupid now. You stall for orbs on stage 1. Stage 2 killed me a few times. I can stall long enough to have Sunny's special up for stage 4.

Using
TS Luffy x2
Ivankov
SW Franky
Raid Aokiji
Apoo (dex not colo. His special changes all TND and RCV orbs to DEX which is all matching slots for TS Luffy teams)

I use Ivankov starting off, wait for Boa's haki. Then every special I have. Seems pretty easy now out of nowhere. It's just stages 2-4 that scare me the most.

Hm I'll try this team when I get my stam back. I was using a similar team - TSL, Ivankov, SW Franky, colo Alvida and colo apoo. The plan was to use apoo on stage 2 (10CD) to make sure everything dies, and on boss, kill first turn (TSL, Apoo, Alvida special), she revivives and turns everything into RCV/TND. Then I use Franky (to get at least one matching orb) then kill with all perfects. It works in theory but I'm not always the best at getting perfects :) So, I'm looking for a safer run. Alvida isn't really necessary since I guess SW Franky's boost lasts 2 turns, but I need the sockets to reach AH5.

Hm now that I think about it, it's probably better if I just tank 2 boa hits with Ivan then kill, cuz her RCV/TND shuffle has been the biggest issue.

Edit: Okay, just tanking 2 hits from Boa makes it 100000% easier. I guess I'll farm 20... if I have the time :\ Curse you, real life.

ExVicis

For Boa once again Jinbe comes to my rescue. After looking at some videos and tweaking around some teams I put together a team that seem to have an easy enough time with Boa. So I'm going to be running this on her now.

These are my levels of course.

13fe96f3ae471ea910476d93f2fe6c76.png

This team can get through Stage 2 just fine and can deal with the 26 hit barrier just as well in two turns.

So I finally can move on from my half-assed Slasher Team and Shiryu scumming the raid.

Kakaroach

After getting 4 croc books the first night I haven't gotten any since. I don't even have a good cerebral team setup, but hopefully I end up using him on my Blackbeard team.

EMT0

Banned
Hancock comes across as another really poorly designed raid due to the random lock on a unit on Hancock's revive. Since I'm using INTHawk to finish her off, if INTHawk gets locked I gotta close and open the app until he's no longer the locked unit. Great, there's a workaround but like...what's the point? If you're going to have a locking mechanic that can't be overcome using existing mechanics, you may as well make it a fixed lock on a specific unit spot rather than force this silly shit when players are just going to cheese their way around it. 10 Hancocks so far, I'll prob gun for 10 more for an even 20 then call it good since I've got other responsibilities today. But gawdam is this raid raid dumb.

mileS

Hm I'll try this team when I get my stam back. I was using a similar team - TSL, Ivankov, SW Franky, colo Alvida and colo apoo. The plan was to use apoo on stage 2 (10CD) to make sure everything dies, and on boss, kill first turn (TSL, Apoo, Alvida special), she revivives and turns everything into RCV/TND. Then I use Franky (to get at least one matching orb) then kill with all perfects. It works in theory but I'm not always the best at getting perfects :) So, I'm looking for a safer run. Alvida isn't really necessary since I guess SW Franky's boost lasts 2 turns, but I need the sockets to reach AH5.

Hm now that I think about it, it's probably better if I just tank 2 boa hits with Ivan then kill, cuz her RCV/TND shuffle has been the biggest issue.

Edit: Okay, just tanking 2 hits from Boa makes it 100000% easier. I guess I'll farm 20... if I have the time :\ Curse you, real life.
Yeah I tank 2 hits. Whatever it takes for her to cast the haki (which I believe clears buffs, I forget) but I was surprised I didn't even need a dmg booster besides Aokiji. With RR Apoo (can replace the new fortnight Brook if you want, he has the same special essentially for TS Luffy teams) you get a full board of orbs, so if you hit with Ivankov and Aokiji last you have way more than enough dmg.

As far as stage 2? As long as you have 3-4 good orbs its pretty easy. Not that hard to farm beforehand, considering how long you can stall and how easy stage 1 is. What I do is attack with all my good orbs first, by the time I hit the characters without good orbs they have enough chain to 1 shot their mob anyway. I didn't think I was quite ready for Boa but it looks like I have a pretty comfortable team now. If my Ivankov was @ 18 cd for his special I could probably farm this faster.

Hancock comes across as another really poorly designed raid due to the random lock on a unit on Hancock's revive. Since I'm using INTHawk to finish her off, if INTHawk gets locked I gotta close and open the app until he's no longer the locked unit. Great, there's a workaround but like...what's the point? If you're going to have a locking mechanic that can't be overcome using existing mechanics, you may as well make it a fixed lock on a specific unit spot rather than force this silly shit when players are just going to cheese their way around it. 10 Hancocks so far, I'll prob gun for 10 more for an even 20 then call it good since I've got other responsibilities today. But gawdam is this raid raid dumb.

Doesn't she only lock a random character in your middle row? That's what happened to me last night in my 5-6 kills. Maybe it was just coincidence.

Rixa

Crap. Again stuck in story, not sure what party to use in Thriller Bark 2. Auto heal + enough damage would be way to go but don't have enough AH. Oh well need more planning and do it someday later.

TheShah

Hancock is the only raid where my Rayleigh gets use. I really hope that Rayleigh gets a + version like Whitebeard. Cause Rayleigh special has to be the most useless special of all legends. I don't even know how to tweak it to make it use-able. Probably needs to be reworked entirely.

EMT0

Banned
Doesn't she only lock a random character in your middle row? That's what happened to me last night in my 5-6 kills. Maybe it was just coincidence.

Nah, she can lock any unit in the middle or bottom row. She seems fond of locking Mihawk so far for me, although at least I can say that my team is super safe, and especially with Lv. 4 Autoheal:

cqOvsa9.png

Stalling with this gargantuan health pool is no problem at all, although I have Lv. 1 CD and zero special ups on my Blackbeard so I functionally only stall for 24 turns. Kid is there to make Stage 2 more or less unfailable, and Kizaru is there to give a higher burst plus meet class conditions. Stage 3 is mindless because of Blackbeard's captain ability, and stage 4 can be cleared whenever I'm ready to clear. It goes pretty easy, smack Boa on the first turn with everybody, turn 2 use all my specials except INTHawk and KO her once, turn 3 use INTHawk to clear after her revive.

Seriously, Blackbeard is amazing. I use him for everything <3 People may not normally consider him in the top three of TS Luffy, Akainu, and Fujitora but nah....Blackbeard is king in my book. Being able to take on any boss at 50% HP no matter what plus a health pool rivaling a tank Legend is too damn good.

mileS

Yeah I see what you mean. She finally locked a character in my bottom row. Probably just random but it seemed like she favors locking in the middle row for all the ones I've done so far. *edit* it's like the game knows. Ever since I made that post she locked Aokiji 6 times in a row in the bottom corner lol. Thankfully with this team it doesn't matter who she locks at the end.

commish

As far as stage 2? As long as you have 3-4 good orbs its pretty easy. Not that hard to farm beforehand, considering how long you can stall and how easy stage 1 is. What I do is attack with all my good orbs first, by the time I hit the characters without good orbs they have enough chain to 1 shot their mob anyway. I didn't think I was quite ready for Boa but it looks like I have a pretty comfortable team now. If my Ivankov was @ 18 cd for his special I could probably farm this faster.

Stage 2 is hard for me because I have 4 blue units. If I get greens on stage 2, I can't kill them all, even with all matching orbs. So, gotta use Apoo.

Seriously, Blackbeard is amazing. I use him for everything <3 People may not normally consider him in the top three of TS Luffy, Akainu, and Fujitora but nah....Blackbeard is king in my book. Being able to take on any boss at 50% HP no matter what plus a health pool rivaling a tank Legend is too damn good.

While I'm sure I'd get used to it, his animation is just brutal on my ability to get perfects.

ExVicis

Crap. Again stuck in story, not sure what party to use in Thriller Bark 2. Auto heal + enough damage would be way to go but don't have enough AH. Oh well need more planning and do it someday later.
I remember being stuck at Thriller Bark at a couple of places and not being able to just double Legend Shanks my way through. Where exactly are you stuck at right now?

Stage 2 is hard for me because I have 4 blue units. If I get greens on stage 2, I can't kill them all, even with all matching orbs. So, gotta use Apoo.
As long as I get just one matching Orb. I can get through even unfavorable color spawns on stage 2 with the team I got. In all honesty those two stages are harder for me than Boa herself since there's variables that can kind mess up the run a bit there.

Rixa

I remember being stuck at Thriller Bark at a couple of places and not being able to just double Legend Shanks my way through. Where exactly are you stuck at right now?

Actually I started TB2 today and its the 2nd stage (Showdown! Perona) so very early there I need to plan my team what I can use. Prolly need to form something around double Super Luffy and add Borsalino also to party. 16 sta per stage so I might wait til half sta day to try again.

Something like this:

Cost 164/164
- Super luffy (Max lvl)
- Borsalino (Max lvl)
- Cavendish (Max lvl)
- TS Chopper (4* Max lvl)
- GPU (Max lvl)

I guess I could test how that works with friend S.Luffy

EMT0

Banned
If that Perona is anything like the one in the Coliseum, just bring a friend Blackbeard captain. You'll tear right through her inability to die.

Rixa

If that Perona is anything like the one in the Coliseum, just bring a friend Blackbeard captain. You'll tear right through her inability to die.

It was the earlier floors. Then I met Perona. I went with friend Blackbeard without knowing what boss does. Was good choice heh. And now I did read your BB comment afterwards :).

Got the last two bind sockets I needed on my raid Boa to finish her. IntHawk with lvl 5 AH makes this raid pretty trivial. I've been accidentally despaired and taken multiple hits from the giants and still haven't had problems beating it. If YWB were still here I'd be more encouraged to try to continue socketting legend Boa but we can't always have nice things but if we do they're usually time restricted to a period of about 1 week.

EMT0

Banned
It was the earlier floors. Then I met Perona. I went with friend Blackbeard without knowing what boss does. Was good choice heh. And now I did read your BB comment afterwards :).

That went well, lol.

On Hancock, I got 29 copies, which is enough for me for now. Her raid is just tedious tbqh, even with Blackbeard to make getting through the early stages easier. I enjoyed other 60 stamina raids that are considered hard like Sabo or Kizaru way more. We'll see. Maybe I'll go up to 35.

mileS

I did a complete 180 on the Boa raid. I tried it for the first time (first serious attempt anyway) really late last night. I gave it about 4 runs and gave up completely. I was about to just leave her alone this go around but decided for a fresh start when I woke up. Very glad I did! Went from thinking it was one of the most difficult/annoying raids to one of the most enjoyable but challenging raids. Crazy. Thinking about it now I would say Boa is my favorite raid on global now. I think I may be one of the only people here that holds that opinion lol.

I didn't think I would get any use out of RR Apoo. He was the MVP for me this raid. Also very glad I went ham on Aokiji last time he was here. I'm pretty sure I haven't removed him from my team since I maxed him. Used him from every raid to coliseum since he was here. Anyways what a friggin long day of farming. Ended the day with 58 copies. Wish I could have put a dent into it last night so I would have ended up with more but I'll take what I can get. She was my most wanted unit by far.

EMT0

Banned
I did a complete 180 on the Boa raid. I tried it for the first time (first serious attempt anyway) really late last night. I gave it about 4 runs and gave up completely. I was about to just leave her alone this go around but decided for a fresh start when I woke up. Very glad I did! Went from thinking it was one of the most difficult/annoying raids to one of the most enjoyable but challenging raids. Crazy. Thinking about it now I would say Boa is my favorite raid on global now. I think I may be one of the only people here that holds that opinion lol.

I didn't think I would get any use out of RR Apoo. He was the MVP for me this raid. Also very glad I went ham on Aokiji last time he was here. I'm pretty sure I haven't removed him from my team since I maxed him. Used him from every raid to coliseum since he was here. Anyways what a friggin long day of farming. Ended the day with 58 copies. Wish I could have put a dent into it last night so I would have ended up with more but I'll take what I can get. She was my most wanted unit by far.

Good job! I actually decided to go a bit farther and got to 40 copies, which I'm pleased with. Average luck should get me to 20CD, matching my SW Ace's CD.

Kyou

Did a multi because there's a lot of Strength characters I can use. SW Franky, Elizabello, Burgess,
Akainu

Didn't get any of them but I did get Blenheim, Doc Q, Kuina(Finally!) and...

So you're welcome everybody on my friend list :p

EMT0

Banned
Did a multi because there's a lot of Strength characters I can use. SW Franky, Elizabello, Burgess,
Akainu

Didn't get any of them but I did get Blenheim, Doc Q, Kuina(Finally!) and...

So you're welcome everybody on my friend list :p

Huzzah! I could really use Elizabello but I'm not pulling for him unless he's double boosted

mileS

Grats Kyou!!

I think this will be the first Sugo in a long time I hold strong with 0 pulls. Feels good.

Kyou

Thanks!

I do have to admit I had a moment of "Yes a red wait shit it has a plus". I've always thought Buggy as a legend gets too much shit. Sure he's not powerful but the utility of guaranteed extras is going to pay dividends.

RedBoot

Yeah, it's really a good night for everybody. Bacca/Ruta farming just became even more efficient. I guess it's Bugga/Bacca/Ruta now? That sounds fun.

I got Doc Q, who is new, and Kaku, who is a dupe (that's like...the fifth time I've pulled Kaku. I'd take Kumadori or Fukuru just for the sake of variety). Nice to finally get one of the Blackbeard batch RRs, even if it's one of the Not Shiryu ones.

EMT0

Banned
F I N A L L Y

The curse has been lifted

Whitebeard books finally dropped after going 1300 stamina dry

;____________;

RedBoot

Doc Q is amazing with his low cd. Really nice for some colo stages getting matching orbs for the crew.

Yeah, I didn't initially realize he was a Slasher unit. Definitely a solid Colo unit, and his ATK isn't half bad for a PSY Slasher either.

A max cooldown of 4 is kind of awesome, even though it's probably mostly unnecessary to max it (and his books are like ten years away in Global anyway).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats on Buggy Kyou - one of the few units that really deserved a Legend version.

One pull on my main - got RR Kaku...dont ned him but at least its a new unit for me.
F I N A L L Y

;____________;

You serious ? Thats messed up....took along for me to get them Croc Books but at least im at 13 now - probably spent as much stones for it though. At least i could skill up Marg and RR Blueno...but Kraken offers nothing outside of WB Books i think.

Think ill stop at 15 Croc Books and farm Breed for the next couple days before he is gone. Was going to give Kraken a shot as well...but i dont think i could survive this drop rate.

PS. You are right - BB is amazing, wish i had him. He will be even crazier with his special maxed.

mileS

F I N A L L Y

;____________;

I had better luck with the Halloween fortnight. At least you are getting good sockets there. Way less of a drag in general. I love that one.

Rixa

Grats Kyuo :). Always nice to see someone grab a Legend.

I did 3 pulls and 4 gems to inventory.

Zoro v1
Fake gold str Chopper
Some silver worth of 100 points.

Yup, no more pulls. Now to burn double stamina.

EMT0

Banned
Grats on Buggy Kyou - one of the few units that really deserved a Legend version.

One pull on my main - got RR Kaku...dont ned him but at least its a new unit for me.

You serious ? Thats messed up....took along for me to get them Croc Books but at least im at 13 now - probably spent as much stones for it though. At least i could skill up Marg and RR Blueno...but Kraken offers nothing outside of WB Books i think.

Think ill stop at 15 Croc Books and farm Breed for the next couple days before he is gone. Was going to give Kraken a shot as well...but i dont think i could survive this drop rate.

PS. You are right - BB is amazing, wish i had him. He will be even crazier with his special maxed.

Yep.....Kraken's been wrecking me. But it's gotta get done eventually if I want to make good use of my Whitebeard. But agreed, Blackbeard is amazing, and he shall carry me for forever. I can't bring myself to use most of my other Legends as leads unless I'm speedclearing with Sengoku, trying to follow a SW Ace guide to the letter, or need SW Shanks to destroy Le Crap. I don't see myself using most of my other Legends as leads outside of the novelty factor.

I had better luck with the Halloween fortnight. At least you are getting good sockets there. Way less of a drag in general. I love that one.

I'm already accounting for this visit of the Kraken FN equating to only part one of my journey to maxing Whitebeard's special. I'm not very optimistic about it, especially after now just realizing that a chest drop from the Master of the Sea isn't a guaranteed Whitebeard book like r/OPTC led me to believe :'(

bobohoro

Single pull, Mr. 3.
Yeah, I'm good for now.

Next batch should be TS Strawhats II and after that Hody and his Crew, right?
Really hoping for one or both to have a good bonus for multipulls.

LaNaranja

I don't play much anymore so I decided to completely cash out and sell all the stuff I didn't want to get the Rocketman. I kept my fingers crossed for a six star Marco but no luck. :(

I also had almost 600 cola and I literally only failed three times when upgrading the ship so the luck came where I didn't need it. :(

The one seemingly good pull I got was this red Garp. He seems to be a pretty clean step up from Monster Chopper for my team. I went ahead and fed him one of the holiday meats I had. Once the Garp clash comes back I can farm to get his powers up to snuff. With all this new stuff like crew member abilities and what not I wouldn't be surprised if my team is horribly out of date and no longer useful at this point.

bonkeng

Did a multi, got Haruta. My most wanted unit since i missed out on Baccarat.

Also got Hajrudin and Ellizabello, rest are dupes.

commish

Okay. Retiring from croc books for real. You win, insanely low drop rate. I'm still at 2. 2!!

Hana-Bi

Finally leveled all my new units up to level 56 (lowest not max leveled character level for me) and now have over 180 level 99 units. :)

MANUELF

Banned
I seriously am in love with my japanese account, I can farm pretty much any non green raid boss quite easily(I need some good str units to farm them) Caribou is simply too good for my team

Top Bottom