• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

ExVicis

I so wish I had Fujitora.

Instead of being disappointed by Fuji SB droprates though I'm finding these 3d2y Sanji SB books just as bad, I've gotten maybe 8 in all these runs (to be fair though I spent more time on other Movie content). Unsurprisingly though I have maybe 15 Legen Marco books (who I don't have) so there's that.

RedBoot

Already almost out of box space even though we just had a skill up. Besides hoarding Ains, Leos, various skill books, etc, the problem is that I've got like 50 evolved pigs waiting for the XP boost next week. Just can't bring myself to use them when they'll be worth more later.

I'd be able to stick it out, but I wanted to get 50ish Binz over the weekend, so I'm probably going to have to drop some hoarded books for characters I don't have. Probably gonna be the Orlumbus and Suleimon books, I feel like Ideo and Gladius are worth holding onto for now.

Kyou

Oh hey the details on that weird Korean Law are out

*unconditional 3x attack boost to strikers*
*heals with every perfect hit*
*2.25x orb boost special*

UHHHHHHH

ExVicis

Oh hey the details on that weird Korean Law are out

*unconditional 3x attack boost to strikers*
*heals with every perfect hit*
*2.25x orb boost special*

UHHHHHHH

Yeah and I thought Log Kid was ridiculous. Then this ridiculous thing is announced.

Guess they overcompensated for Strikers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
bobohoro you better max your Legend Lucci now.

Lucci 6+ confirmed !! from optc-acadamy

6*+Lucci
2.5 ATK to tough units and 3.5 ATK if matching orbs

DDYuPJYUwAAw_R1.jpg:large

RedBoot

We'll have to see if this Law makes it to JPN and Global intact. That Kung Fu Luffy was pretty broken, but he hasn't migrated anywhere yet.

Though mostly I'm just confused they made Law a Striker.

EDIT: As for Lucci, I guess this is the start of a new cycle of 6+'s. Lucci, Croc, Marco, Shanks, and Mihawk, maybe?

Majukun

We'll have to see if this Law makes it to JPN and Global intact. That Kung Fu Luffy was pretty broken, but he hasn't migrated anywhere yet.

EDIT: As for Lucci, I guess this is the start of a new cycle of 6+'s. Lucci, Croc, Marco, Shanks, and Mihawk, maybe?

artwork seems to be based on his "injection shot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbs5B034t0

and in optc usually stab moves are depicted as striker

strange thing is that the other, much inferior, legend law,is based on the gamma knife, a much more powerful move XD

MiTYH

Happy for Lucci's update, since I never use mine. Guess it's time to farm his books.

But Mihawk doesn't need an update that I can think of. Maybe Jinbe? INT in pretty good shape actually.

Majukun

hundreds of days playing this game,and only now i noticed that there's a slight difference in animation between a chest that drops a normal skillbook and one that drops a legend skillbook...

As for Lucci, I guess this is the start of a new cycle of 6+'s. Lucci, Croc, Marco, Shanks, and Mihawk, maybe?

I'd say Shanks, Sengoku, and SW Ace are next on the list.

They need to ditch the health gate on Shank's CA and possibly alter his special. Some people seem to be advocating turning him into a PSY Akainu but there isn't a precedent for any drastic changes to 6* super evolutions. PSY teams have plenty of utility as is; their own 2x orb booster, full healer, 2-turn chain locker, full board manipulators, delayers, and conditional boosters. It won't take much to make PSY teams really powerful.

Sengoku has been losing his relevance in the jp meta. He used to be the king of fortnights but now units like Neptune and Buggy/Haruta offer more perks in clearing fortnights than sheer speed. For tougher content, you tend to only see him used against INT enemies and even then his best teams tend to turn into PSY cerebral teams with a 6* Doffy sub if you can cut it. Personally I'd like to see his CA changed to allow units up to 30 cost, which would essentially allow for most of the RR pool but exclude most colo units, 60 stamina raid bosses, and evolved legends. His 1.5x attack boosting special really doesn't cut it much anymore (which is partially why raid Momonga is used on his teams so often) so I wouldn't mind seeing it boosted to 1.75x but limited to himself and sub 30 cost units. That and I kinda want to see him rock his white fro and hawaiian t-shirt.

Ace needing a 6*+ form is more evident as shooters have slowly slid into the position of worst class in the JP meta. The last useful unit shooters got in Japan was Colo Gladius and their crew formation has been pretty stagnant since then. Shooters are still the only class without a class native 2x orb booster. Shooters and strikers have gone up to 2.25x and some classes like cerebral and driven have different 2x options. Shooters are still stuck at 1.75x. I'm not saying Ace should be a 2x orb booster but his special has become his weakest aspect. Sure it's great for clearing mobs but you generally don't need to do this twice and apart from the new and existing 6* Aokijis, Ace doesn't have any other good shooter captains to pair with. His reliance on 6* Borsalino is somewhat problematic when Ace his so heavily dependent on matching orbs without many other ways to get them. Heracles is nice but being forced into using a rainbow team isn't always the best option when you want to form your team around fighting a boss of a specific color. The prospect of locking your orbs and sacrificing 40% of your health seems like a poor proposition when you have other tanky legends that can make other orbs matching via their native CA or using their specials.

hundreds of days playing this game,and only now i noticed that there's a slight difference in animation between a chest that drops a normal skillbook and one that drops a legend skillbook...

I've thought this too at certain points but end up disproving myself when I try to specifically look for it. I thought legend books had a faster chest drop animation but I end up with normal books when I think I'm getting legend books.

I'm still trying to figure out why the controller icon on the title screen keeps changing color.

Majukun

I've thought this too at certain points but end up disproving myself when I try to specifically look for it. I thought legend books had a faster chest drop animation but I end up with normal books when I think I'm getting legend books.

I'm still trying to figure out why the controller icon on the title screen keeps changing color.

what i noticed it's that legend books seem to make a bigger impact hitting the ground,creating a kind of white flash under them and around them when they hit the ground..it's barely noticeable but in the last 2 days i've been able to predict what books were fuji books looking at that ,albeit technically the number of tries is still small..let's say that i did around 8 60 stamina tries and got the 2 times fuji books dropped right

i'll keep try looking for them to see if i got that right or it was just luck

EMT0

Banned
While I'm very happy with this buff as a Lucci owner, his special remains (relatively) disappointing even with the lowered CD. Maybe if it shuffled non-matching orbs....that would have been amazing and legitimately made him the best speedrunner in the game. Ah well, we can't have everything. Although this buff to his damage multiplier really begs the question...Bandai why the hell didn't you buff the multiplier for Hancock, Sabo, Rayleigh, and arguably even Whitebeard, considering the huge jump in damage Lucci just got?

giphy.webp

bobohoro

bobohoro you better max your Legend Lucci now.

Lucci 6+ confirmed !! from optc-acadamy

For sure. His damage will reach insane levels, especially since we will have Raid Fuji by then as well.

But even more damage isn't really what Lucci needed though. Would have liked an additional defensive part for his CA and a better special. Although I reserve final judgement for a bit since the matching orb rate on his special seems to have increased and a max CD of 12 means 6 rounds of nearly constant double 3.5 damage ability with double Lucci (that means roughly 1.5 Million neutral damage with a somewhat decent full PH team, without any kind of buff) at a decent speed.

Although it kinda made the choice of going CD over Orbs a bit regretful. But again, if his special really boosts matching orb rate even more, it might as well be guaranteed matching orbs for 3 turns.

RedBoot

I'd say Shanks, Sengoku, and SW Ace are next on the list.

Good points! On Sengoku, I like to think of these things as, "Does this character achieve their purpose?" Post his original buff, Sengoku absolutely does, he enhances low-cost characters and allows speed-clears. So the only way I'd see to buff him would be the usual HP buff, since everything else still "works." If anything, his biggest issue is his lack of solid orb control, since such abilities tend to be on higher-cost characters (this is why Breed is so vital).

As for Ace, Shooters need help, but I expect them to address that with an upcoming new Legend as opposed to reworking Ace. They could do both, though!

But I do agree that "Make this character fit the current meta" is a better design goal for 6+'s. I don't know that Bandai is really doing that, though. WB kind of fits my original question (the lack of ATK boost at normal health is a detriment to achieving his purpose). Sabo's basically a straight upgrade. Rayleigh was kind of repurposed to support G4. Usopp feels like they had two ideas for his legend and decided to use both. Boa's special is all over the place, along with an upgrade to the second-worst captain ability among legends.

Lucci is the first 6+ to straight up increase max damage potential, though, which is interesting.

what i noticed it's that legend books seem to make a bigger impact hitting the ground,creating a kind of white flash under them and around them when they hit the ground..it's barely noticeable but in the last 2 days i've been able to predict what books were fuji books looking at that ,albeit technically the number of tries is still small..let's say that i did around 8 60 stamina tries and got the 2 times fuji books dropped right

i'll keep try looking for them to see if i got that right or it was just luck

It's weird, if they're going through that much trouble they may as well just put legend books into the rainbow chests.

EMT0

Banned
For sure. His damage will reach insane levels, especially since we will have Raid Fuji by then as well.

But even more damage isn't really what Lucci needed though. Would have liked an additional defensive part for his CA and a better special. Although I reserve final judgement for a bit since the matching orb rate on his special seems to have increased and a max CD of 12 means 6 rounds of nearly constant double 3.5 damage ability with double Lucci (that means roughly 1.5 Million neutral damage with a somewhat decent full PH team, without any kind of buff) at a decent speed.

Although it kinda made the choice of going CD over Orbs a bit regretful. But again, if his special really boosts matching orb rate even more, it might as well be guaranteed matching orbs for 3 turns.

That's funny, I'm actually thinking the opposite as my Lucci currently favors Orbs over CD. But after doing some quick research, Lucci is a beast for speedclearing. Check out this. With maxed CD sockets, this team is ready to burst for 3.8 million to almost every type in 8 turns. That's insane :O (and also REALLY makes me sad that I didn't snag Wild Luffy before they tweaked his special and refunded Rayleigh points).

----------------------------------

Day X; 6 Days Until Booster Changes:
My box is overloaded with boosters. I easily have over 200 pigs and turtles sitting in my bank waiting to feed. I don't think my box can go on D:

Kyou

I dunno what to do right now

I'll attempt to finish up Hancock tomorrow but aside from that I feel like I'm left without any immediate tasks. All the fortnights have nothing to offer me.

Oh well can't always be crazy with tons of stuff to do.

mileS

It can't always be crazy but they could certainly spread things out better. Global has been really bad for that lately. If you don't have Fujitora or Lucci, or you don't need to level your GPU (pretty sure I was the only one left here that didn't have him maxed, but it is now) there is literally nothing worth doing right now.

I have the latest story island to pick at myself, but I feel for the people that have nothing to do right now. Hina and Duck squad are ancient fortnights with nothing useful. On top of that it feels like they were just here a month ago.

The balance is way out of wack. Take a look at the calendar for global fortnights in July. The only legend book that will be up is Boa. Everything else is old and out of date crap. Unless I'm missing something and we get some new stuff thrown in there for a surprise... next month is desert dry for useful fortnights.

*edit* ok there's Mansherry back again but man... thats pretty much it

MiTYH

It can't always be crazy but they could certainly spread things out better. Global has been really bad for that lately. If you don't have Fujitora or Lucci, or you don't need to level your GPU (pretty sure I was the only one left here that didn't have him maxed, but it is now) there is literally nothing worth doing right now.

I have the latest story island to pick at myself, but I feel for the people that have nothing to do right now. Hina and Duck squad are ancient fortnights with nothing useful. On top of that it feels like they were just here a month ago.

The balance is way out of wack. Take a look at the calendar for global fortnights in July. The only legend book that will be up is Boa. Everything else is old and out of date crap. Unless I'm missing something and we get some new stuff thrown in there for a surprise... next month is desert dry for useful fortnights.

To be fair, movie madness was all weekend, and unless you spent, you needed some of them.

And we've still got

- Movie colo going on this week.
- New story island tonight
- Shanks invasion during both raids

Fair bit of material that's spread out nicely. Just one or two "down" days like today, really. And there's ALWAYS a skillbook you can farm for, I find

And July's not finished filling in, we should get two new fortnights. If we follow the schedule JPN got, it's Tontatta #2 (Legend Croc) and Big Mom (Cavendish)

EMT0

Banned

Yep, it's true. I've always had the impression that they roll the fortnights with zero actual thought, they legitimately just cycle through them close to the order they were released in. That's why you see all the old fortnights dropping at around the same time. Kimono Straw Hats, Duck Squad, Domino, and Afro Luffy? Those are all pretty damn close to each other.

Anyways with the news of 6+ Lucci, I'm actually going to hold off on farming the Bepo FN for books(in order to get f*cked again), and will instead go for the Soldier-san FN that should be out about a month from now. I've already maxed out everything of worth from the Heart Pirates FN except Baby 5 and Baby 5....she's bad. Plus it'll be nice to get Tashigi books while I farm for Lucci.

cw_sasuke

I mean we just had the Movie FN, Raids and Colo...im fine with a bit of downtime.

Casually farming Fuji books and Leo sockets + Lucci books.

bobohoro

Totally forgot about story Hody being a PH Colo Apoo.
PH has some really varied selection of orb and class boosters.
Only thing really missing is a 2+ turn delayer. Although that probably goes against the way of just punching through things.

Anyways with the news of 6+ Lucci, I'm actually going to hold off on farming the Bepo FN for books(in order to get f*cked again), and will instead go for the Soldier-san FN that should be out about a month from now. I've already maxed out everything of worth from the Heart Pirates FN except Baby 5 and Baby 5....she's bad. Plus it'll be nice to get Tashigi books while I farm for Lucci.

Yeah, won't gem for Bepo either. Will run natural stamina, although I might priotirize new story island and coli when they hit. I actually need quite a bit of stuff in the Soldier-san FN (Lucci and Tashigi books, Kyros sockets) so I'd rather go all out there.

cw_sasuke

So if i max skill my 6*Lucci..will he still be maxskilled once evolved to 6+ ?
Totally forgot about story Hody being a PH Colo Apoo.
PH has some really varied selection of orb and class boosters.
Only thing really missing is a 2+ turn delayer. Although that probably goes against the way of just punching through things.
Just looked up Story Hody....he is really good :eek:

koryuken

Lucci's special doesn't work that way - unless you somehow reshuffle the orbs on the turn you use the special on. As such, you only get two turns of matching orbs per special used.

RedBoot

Cleared the new island! Not much difficulty, though there are some of the "reactionary" enemies present here. I thought that started with Orlumbus in the colo (not the actual Colo Orlumbus, his RR version appears as a miniboss), but due to our messed up schedules on Global we're seeing it here.

Dunno if Hody was supposed to be a tough fight, but Marco takes him out easily. Probably not going to farm him here, he appears twice in the next island and his second evo's where it's at anyway.

koryuken

Cleared the new island! Not much difficulty, though there are some of the "reactionary" enemies present here. I thought that started with Orlumbus in the colo (not the actual Colo Orlumbus, his RR version appears as a miniboss), but due to our messed up schedules on Global we're seeing it here.

Dunno if Hody was supposed to be a tough fight, but Marco takes him out easily. Probably not going to farm him here, he appears twice in the next island and his second evo's where it's at anyway.

Nice, I ended up clearing the island with a BB powerhouse crew.

Majukun

do the new stackable skillbooks in japan mean that now every kind of skillbook only takes up 1 space in the inventory?
if that is i wanna this update on global right now

bobohoro

So if i max skill my 6*Lucci..will he still be maxskilled once evolved to 6+ ?

Yes.

Lucci's special doesn't work that way - unless you somehow reshuffle the orbs on the turn you use the special on. As such, you only get two turns of matching orbs per special used.

Oh, you're right. Never thought that much about it, although I had the feeling once or twice that his special somewhat lasted shorter than I thought.
Which makes Colo Marco pretty good. If he weren't Marco.
Another low CD alternative would be FN Hyouzo.

bjork

I've always felt a little bad about not going in hard on any FN, but as a result, there's always something I can be working on. Especially now, with so many going on at the same time.

But today is story island day for me. I've only done 2 stages so far, but BB is working out well with these barriers. I hope it all goes that smoothly.

mileS

do the new stackable skillbooks in japan mean that now every kind of skillbook only takes up 1 space in the inventory?
You are correct. Seen someone test this on a YT vid. Pretty cool change!

RedBoot

Reflecting a bit more on the new island's story, since this is pretty much the first time I've revisited Fishman Island since it was running: I forgot how the Strawhats got split up after arriving at the island. It's not just a Dressrosa/Whole Cake complaint, I guess. :p

Though I am amused that upon being split up, Franky went to the ship, Nami went to a Crimin store, and Zoro somehow ended up where they were supposed to be.

Yeah, stackable skillbooks is a game-changer. I can't see how I'd ever have storage problems after that (especially if, you know, we also had the increased skill up rate). It also means I'd be hoarding basically every worthwhile RR skillbook from FNs. Even if you don't pull 'em, one slot's not much of a price to pay.

bobohoro

Yeah stackable SBs is pretty handy, especially for F2P people that might horde SBs for useful RRs the don't yet have. Had to get rid of all my Caesar/Leo/Diamante stacks because of lack of space, but would have no problem whatsoever using one slot, even if I never pull them.
And of course all those legend books in my inventory. Hope we get it soon, with increased skill-up rate.

I decided to get a few copies of Colo Zephyr. Need to do double Shiryu for it, but it's not so bad.

Kyou

Boa/Wb tonight. Is this finally the time Boa decides she wants to get maxed??

Theory crafting some teams since Shiryu and Boa don't mix. Thinking of going Zoro/Zoro, Inthawk, Doflamingo, Mr. 3 and GP Usopp

MiTYH

Boa/Wb tonight. Is this finally the time Boa decides she wants to get maxed??

Oh crap, forgot she was tonight with Shanks. I'm gonna stop burning stamina on the fishman island (which is very easy).

Someone, PLEASE tell me there's an INTHawk team for this. I finally have 3d2y zoro maxed, and with double INTHawk, I think this is my first chance to finally beat invasion WB

EMT0

Banned
Oh crap, forgot she was tonight with Shanks. I'm gonna stop burning stamina on the fishman island (which is very easy).

Someone, PLEASE tell me there's an INTHawk team for this. I finally have 3d2y zoro maxed, and with double INTHawk, I think this is my first chance to finally beat invasion WB

Here you go

Kyou

my TS Zoro team just completely dunks on WB. I made the small change of switch Mr 3 for Inazuma so I'd get A) level 5 AH and B) Three turns to finish off WB after the burst

still not cheeeeeeest

EMT0

Banned
I know I should be farming Hancock since I still need 5 more skillups on her but...I can't do it fam, not after double stamina movie raids :( I guess I'll farm a few copies, but I don't really feel like doing it, nor do I see the need to go and grind her special right away. It will come in good time.

RedBoot

Now that I have SW Franky, I'm guessing Ace teams are a better shot against YWB than Croc (since I don't have Legend Doffy). Ace looks like he has a few ways to beat YWB, though most of the videos I watched rely on orb luck a bit, which is never fun.

I really hope we'll get more consistent Ambush events in the future, just so I don't feel compelled to try and farm them every time.

MiTYH

Blarg. Good thing I need to max Boa by a lot still.

I've gotten ambushed 3/7 times, which is a great rate, and died on the GODDAMN BAZOOKA UNIT every time. First time he wanted perfects and I just messed up. Last two times he wanted greats, which isn't ideal for INTHawk damage, and my orbs have stunk and I've lost.

I level up soon, so... that's something to look forward to. I want at least ONE copy, come on!

EDIT: FINALLY! I GOT HIM!

Inazuma is clutch. Originally I was going to run Mr1, but it would have required me to keep YWB just over 50%. Now I can just blast away and win, super easy. Bazooka is the hardest part of this invasion, hands down. I only won because I finally got a Perfect requirement instead

bjork

Didn't run Boa yet, but I did run the Bepo one on 2x stamina and got 4 Lucci books in one go. That's a pretty nice thing when it actually gives you the drop you want.

bobohoro

Oh hey, can run Raid/Invasion without relying on Shiryu (would have been annoying against Boa anyway) thanks to the Shiki/Smoker G-5 combo. Pretty safe team as well.
Not sure how much I want to farm though. Don't have much box space, although I need quite a few skill-ups on Boa still and a red skull for Lucci for....well way later.
But no motivation, eh.

MiTYH

Man, Lucci books won't drop for me. Only need one skill up but I hate running this fn for nothing...

Worth noting that in like... 6 weeks, we get a new FN with Lucci books. Not like we're in a rush to use his special, but if you have other things to use your stamina on, I'd say stop Bepo's FN especially if that's the only thing you're using it for

mileS

with 2 more xp meats coming our way, what are people planning to do with them?

I already had 1 saved, so now I have to decide what to do with them. I just recently got SW Shanks, I wasn't going to use a meat on him but now I may. 50-99 is a slog for xp. I could end up saving enough boosters to level a few psy characers if I do.

EMT0

Banned
with 2 more xp meats coming our way, what are people planning to do with them?

I already had 1 saved, so now I have to decide what to do with them. I just recently got SW Shanks, I wasn't going to use a meat on him but now I may. 50-99 is a slog for xp. I could end up saving enough boosters to level a few psy characers if I do.

I'm hoarding for next week's Sugofest. I have hopes of pulling something cool...

Top Bottom