• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today in LA:
hf01xcj.jpg

LordOfChaos

The One Punch Man Hero Tournament Data book comes with an in-depth character profile for both Saitama and Genos. The book has a Hero Association version of Saitama’s profile, but Genos’ own personal version of Saitama’s profile is way more in-depth! I only translated the character profiles, so I hope you enjoy~

SAITAMA (The Real Saitama by Genos):
“This is the TRUE Saitama, Saitama-sensei!”
The Hero Association doesn’t seem to know the true Saitama-sensei…I will express Sensei’s true greatness!

PROFILE- B Class Rank #7
Height: 175cm
Weight: 70kg
Likes: Napa cabbage, seaweed, suspicious new products, strong monsters
Dislikes: Long conversation
Hobbies: Reading manga, being a hero, video games
Origin of Hero Name: Exactly how you see him

DATA
Strength: 15/10
Knowledge: 4/10
Sense of Justice: 15/10
Endurance: 15/10
Reaction Time: 15/10
Popularity: 1/10
Achievements: 15/10
Fighting: 15/10

DEMON CYBORG GENOS
”I will incinerate you!”

PROFILE- S Class Rank #14
Height: 178cm
Weight: Undisclosed
Dislikes: People who look down on Sensei, electronics that are hard to use
Hobbies: Surfing on the internet, reading, writing diaries (recording)
Origin of Hero Name: His name was created after seeing how he never flinched no matter how strong the enemy or great the disaster because that is Genos’ character.

DATA
Strength: 9/10
Knowledge: 7/10
Sense of Justice: 7/10
Endurance: 9/10
Reaction Time: 8/10
Popularity: 8/10
Achievements: 6/10
Fighting: 9/10

http://aitaikimochi.tumblr.com/post/137480054561/one-punch-man-hero-tournament-data-book-aitaikuji

tumblr_o13pq9PHMO1qkynuno1_500.jpg

tumblr_o13pq9PHMO1qkynuno2_500.jpg

LProtag

My favorite thing about the data book is that Licenseless (Mumen) Rider is one of the few characters to have a 10/10 in Justice.

Crocodile

tumblr_nz0xwwiPXk1tmp8rdo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nz0xwwiPXk1tmp8rdo4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_nz0xwwiPXk1tmp8rdo3_540.gif

Source for the gifs are here. I wonder if who will figure out the reference/crossover without going to the source.

I'm not sure of the original source (like an OVA or something?) of this gif though:

tumblr_nzw067BZXB1tga1sco1_540.gif

Place I found it was here.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If anyone of you have heard of YouTube vocalist/instrumentalist Jonathan Young, he just released an absolutely incredible English cover of the One Punch Man theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCYNH1EJTg

First binged the show a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I'm not much of anime watcher but damn One Punch Man was incredible was cracking up every episode. Also damn wish this song and the OST were on spotify. Either way need to add them to my lifting playlist. edit: O he is on spotify awesome. Think I may just buy the song anyway and it's not up on Spotify yet.

Xelinis

A little late, but I just finished powering through the first season. All I have to say is this:

One Punch Man is not the hero that anime deserves.
He is the hero that anime needs.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Curious to see what will change or be added to the upcoming arc that the next season will eventually cover (if we get so lucky). The added fight was something I can't wait to see animated.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently listening to the OST and suffering because no OPM season 2 in the horizon.

Ended up going through the entire anime this weekend, and I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of fun to be had, and I liked that it never took itself really seriously (I was laughing so hard when Genos started explaining his backstory, and you tell Saitama wants to be anywhere but there). I'm really excited to see more of it.

Also, the OP is probably my second favourite of last year, only behind End of the World (from JJBA), and both of those are probably the OP's I've had the most fun with since JoJo's Bloody Stream. It's so good, and the full version is even more amazing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If they get a well translated script and get some fitting and talented voice actors I can see this show really taking off in the West. Get it a slot on Adult Swim and Netflix as well as Hulu and actually release a reasonably priced BRDVD set and it could get a more mainstream following.

Would hopefully happen and then a year and a half, if we are lucky, to a more likely two to three years and we hopefully get a Madhouse season 2 with as much passion and talent and maybe more episodes and a bigger budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom