• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onimusha bundle - are they worh it?

silvon

A game store near my place is selling Onimusha 1, 2, and 3 at $40. I played Onimusha 1, though I sold it off after that, and I kinda like the game. How's Onimusha 2 and 3? Are they worth it?

MrDaravon

I haven't played 2 and 3, although I hear they're pretty solid. Don't pay those prices though; you can get all 1 & 2 used for 6 bucks or so each and Onimusha 3 new for either 13 or 15 at GS/EB.

eh... i would personally pass on that. onimusha 1 was pretty good for its time, part 2 was mediocre, part 3 was slightly above average. the problem with part 1/2 is that there is no analog control (from what i recall), you have to use the D-pad which sucks nuts (not sure why they did that...)

part 3 is the best of the bunch, but it just couldn't hold my interest.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I enjoyed 3, but I still think 2 was a better game. Maybe I'm crazy.

RiZ III

Onimusha 2 was the best in the series imo. Loved every bit of it. 3 was really good too, but I thought 2 was better.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DoD is a ****ing awesome game, but the JP version is head and shoulders above the NA version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I feel so bad about my time spent with the Onimusha series: Loved Onimusha 1, loved Onimusha 2 and played up to the last boss in the Japanese version, then sold it for the U.S. version which I barely touched. Got somewhat far in Oni 3 Japan, then sold it for the U.S. version too, which I also haven't touched. Then DoD I got a bit far in, lost my data by accident, and haven't restarted it yet. ARGH

TheTrin said:
DoD is a ****ing awesome game, but the JP version is head and shoulders above the NA version.

Why's that? I've only played the Japanese version...

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
silvon said:
A game store near my place is selling Onimusha 1, 2, and 3 at $40. I played Onimusha 1, though I sold it off after that, and I kinda like the game. How's Onimusha 2 and 3? Are they worth it?

I would look at trying to get all three used first, before that. All of them are pretty inexpensive. I got Oni 2 for 10 bucks new, and the 1st and 3rd for 9 and 12 bucks used, respectively. I haven't played 2 or Dawn of Dreams, but the first one is fun (and difficult), and the 3rd one has better control than the first. Voice acting is kinda meh, but not Resident Evil bad.

M3wThr33

Banned
Onimusha 1: Short, Resident Evil with swords. Fun
Onimusha 2: More weapons. Ugly-nose character. Stupid trading system. Branching storylines. Ok.
Onimusha 3: Castlevania with a Jean Reno with a messed up voice. Great.

$40 is okay, but during a B2G1 at GameStop, you could do better.

Onimusha 4 had a butchered USA release. Higher HP on bosses. More EXP needed to level up weapons. Totally killed the fun of it.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
lol, I don't agree with anyone :lol I'm must be mad :(

Oni1 owns. one of my first games, probably nostalgia holding me back.

oni2 kicks ass, but I wasn't as motivated to play that.

oni3, had that stupid modern world shit. but it was still fun. Heihatchi owns.

oni4(pal), sucks ass. I've made it to the main characters father and he is pretty over-powered and everything is just so shit. :( I wanted this to own....

thetrin

Lyte Edge said:
Why's that? I've only played the Japanese version...

Capcom USA ****ed with the difficulty and soul number in the NA version. Unlike the JP version, its impossible to upgrade every weapon to full in the NA version. Also, boss health bars were lengthened to astronomical sizes, but the challenge remains the same, so bosses are not hard, but take forever.

Top Bottom