• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Why This Generation of Gaming *is* the Worst (Youtube)

Some background: Shokio started out as a very critical Nintendo fan but later expanded his thoughts on the industry as a whole in later years. Avid Smash tournament fighter and live streamers.

Some things worth mentioning from his video:
  1. "Worst" doesn't mean "bad experiences" (bad games)
  2. The last generation was a "test" for developers to see what they could get away with / Gamer's are to blame for enabling them.
    1. Lack of Content, half-finished games / Wait for "malpractice" DLC.
      1. Street Fighter V came with 16 characters at launch vs Smash Ultimate with 74 character at launch - (13:46)*
    2. Lack of Optimization
      1. Developer allowing the gamer to play the game in long-winded Alpha status (Early Access) like PUBG. some game not even being released. -(19:52)
      2. Fallout 76 / Bethesda - "You (gamers) caused this to happen..!" - (21:12)
    3. Micro-transaction
      1. EA's Battlefront III - Gamers waited till this gen to speak up rather than previous "We should have been more critical earlier.." - (18:49)
EDIT: I see a lot of you focusing on the games and sales rather than the gamer/consumer and developer/publishers
*the point he is making with the comparison is the "service" of characters that any other developer would charge for that amount of characters and Nintendo themselves have every opportunity, by slowly following the tends of the times, to charge for said character after launch.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I tend to agree. I think this is the first generation as well where the investors have become part of the spotlight and is openly discussed amongst the consumers. Gamers don't give a shit what investors want. Every time I hear about some developer or publisher having a fantastic/dismal earnings call it makes me want to vomit. Lie to me, don't make me feel like my priorities are 2nd place to the will of people where the majority of them aren't gamers.

Petrae

Yup. A lot of the responsibility for this shit lies at the feet of foolish consumers who can be counted on to lap it up.

If consumers don’t buy it, the industry has a problem and has to fix things. This never happened. If anything, foolish consumers are making matters even worse by normalizing new shit like “play the game early by getting the special edition”— and by early, it’s actually the original release date, and not an “early” release.

There’s no question that the industry is taking advantage of these foolish consumers, and has been for years. They’re easy to manipulate and condition in order to separate them from their money. Selling incomplete or broken games on disc just to make release date, with the proviso that a huge patch will get the games kinda working has never been okay, and yet foolish consumers will also normalize and defend this. “If it doesn’t have to be delayed, I don’t care how big the patch is. I just want the game.”

This console generation is easily the worst one in history. Some of the games may be memorable, but get overshadowed by the microtransactions epidemic, barely functional games out of the box, the proliferation of lootboxes, and other crap.

Kreydo

lol that comparison..." Street Fighter V came with 16 character at launch vs Smash Ultimate with 74 character at launch"

Cause Quantity > Quality... Of course, it's knew.
Those 16 SFV character got more deph than the full Smash roster... Also 90% of the Smash character are just port from the WII U game.
SFV got totally new 3D asset in UE4 with new tech animation quality, and nothing was ported from USFIV. SFV feature a new gameplay mechanics with V system, while Smach is just another Smash game.
What a totally biased opinion, can't expect much from a Nintendo fanboy anyway.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
yep. compared to the gems we had last gen for sure.

Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
GTA 5
Red Dead Redemption
Portal
Portal 2
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
The Last of Us
CoD MW
CoD MW2
CoD BLOPS

and so many more

compared to what this gen?

Z..

lol that comparison..." Street Fighter V came with 16 character at launch vs Smash Ultimate with 74 character at launch"

Cause Quantity > Quality... Of course, it's knew.
Those 16 SFV character got more deph than the full Smash roster... Also 90% of the Smash character are just port from the WII U game.
SFV got totally new 3D asset in UE4 with new tech animation quality, and nothing was ported from USFIV. SFV feature a new gameplay mechanics with V system, while Smach is just another Smash game.
What a totally biased opinion, can't expect much from a Nintendo fanboy anyway.

His hyperbolic drivel is only matched by yours. Two blind zealots.

Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
GTA 5
Red Dead Redemption
Portal
Portal 2
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
The Last of Us
CoD MW
CoD MW2
CoD BLOPS

and so many more

No shortage of great games this gen. Your choice of highlights from last gen is also extremely lacking.

Last edited:

Gold_Loot

I can’t watch the video just yet due to being stuck at work, but I have to disagree for one very reason. VR !

Athena~

Banned
Adding in:

Downfall of Japanese games
Censorship from Nintendo now from Sony too, bullying Japanese devs

It’s pretty bad for Japanese gaming fans.

Leonidas

Adding in:

PC is getting more support from Japan this generation compared to any other generation.
PC's open platform allows Japanese developers to release their games as intended.

It's a great time to be a Japanese gaming fan on PC.

I will also add Diablo: Immortals & Command & Conquer . Not that these two games should exist, they have the right to, however, the developers / publisher thinking it was wise to announce / show these games at an audience that don't play on mobile.

Athena~

Banned
PC is getting more support from Japan this generation compared to any other generation.
PC's open platform allows Japanese developers to release their games as intended.

It's a great time to be a Japanese gaming fan on PC.

Aren’t they usually an afterthought tho see Tecmo games.

The Hermit

It's one of the worst for AAA, maybe.

It's probably the best for everything else. There's never been more diversity of games, platforms and prices ever.

You can literally find a game for anyone.
I can play games with people who don't care about videogames like "keep talking and nobody explodes" made my girlfriend care about Pokemon with Pokemon Go, and had a great time with a bunch of people playing all kinds of Street Fighter.

Adding in:

Nintendo’s censorship appears to be limited to just their 1st party games and they’re significantly less blatant compared to the likes of Xenoblade X, Fire Emblem Fates, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. They are more hands off with 3rd party games. Meanwhile, Sony is giving Japanese developers bad treatment.

Gander

Banned
Xcom 2 was enough to make me like this generation. For me it's was like the new Final Fantasy Tactics.

OverIt

Political correctness is killing everything. Comedy, story, characters, dialogue. Just so fucking stupid. I am a huge rpg nut and I feel like the story variety has become more narrow. On the SNES and before that, you had RPG games where you played the villian, you cant pull off an RPG like that this gen without stepping on everyones toes. GIVE ME ALL THOSE THINGS BACK!

So there are a lot of good games that came out this generation but I agree on the point that this is the generation that corporations played their hands.

As far as AAA corporate practices, this has been the worst possible of timelines with many gamers applauding them while their quality assurance has taken a nose dive on release in favor of Games as a Service.

But they make damn sure their in-game cash shops run perfectly fine from day fucking one.

And the next gen isn't going to get better. All digital means the platforms pays nothing for distribution and controls the sales process. Currently, a handful of platforms have pro consumer practices like refunds. Can't sell it back, can't trade it in towards a new purchase and all for what? Less clutter of game discs/boxes? Don't have to swap discs? Convenience? All digital isn't inherently bad but when it coalesces with Games as a Service and bugged releases, you better suck up that buyer's remorse cause there isn't shit you can do.

You want to see low effort, buggy releases? Wait till next gen when they can release it now and fix it later and you won't get a refund unless you are on Steam and others.

And get ready for the legions of people parroting, "Well in a month/year or two, then this will be great! And I hope they support it until then." Yep, keep on spending those virutal bucks until all the content and fixes come in. Just keep on paying. "But they aren't splitting up the playerbase!!1!"

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
I think most causal gamers over the years have ruined a lot of gaming. Dark souls games and blood borne games are amazing, but causals can't play them worth a damn. Then you have games that really take no skill at all, give you arrows where to go. And a lot of games have no challenge anymore. A lot of game companies are scared to actually give some games a challenge, since their sales might be low. Now you can make games like Minecraft, Fortnite, or some other game that takes hardly any skill and anyone can play it, with loot boxes, and you'll make money.

Other good case is how squre keeps making their games for casuals now, since they think turn based is dead. Even though Pokemon is still more popular

Last edited:

joe_zazen

The ability to monitor and adjust things in real time to maximize profits makes games more like algorithmic psych bending tools than games. So, yeah, corporate games are getting worse insofar as they are getting better at shaping you.

If you get outside the negativity of the forums this generation is probably the best. We have far more games and way more choices of where and how we play those games. The quality keeps getting higher and higher. One of the highest rated games of all time just came out too.

Zog

Banned
Consumers who do not think like consumers are part of the problem. These people are always the ones to 'explain' to the rest of us how <fill in company> is a business and they make video games to make money. Consumers should care about consumer needs, not corporate needs and consumers should expect some degree of ethical behavior from companies. This whole 'they are a business and they only exist to make money' mindset puts ethics in the back seat and eventually out of the car completely.

Last edited:

Petrae

Consumer who do not think like consumers are port of the problem. These people are always the ones to 'explain' to the rest of us how <fill in company> is a business and make video games to make money. Consumers should care about consumer needs, not corporate needs and consumers should expect some degree of ethical behavior from companies. This whole 'they are a business and they only exist to make money' mindset put ethics in the back seat and eventually out of the car completely.

The Volunteer Corporate Defense Force has grown exponentially with the rise of the internet. Maybe someone who works at a video game company will see their hard work. Maybe they’ll get a few likes or retweets for their efforts. I mean, nobody understands the plight of the poor video game industry! Won’t someone think of the corporations?

These people are consumers, like you and I. These are the people that not only excuse shitty business tactics, but feel the need to explain them to everyone else because nobody really understands. They’re the ones who buy special editions on Day One, who happily accept hours of downloading hundreds of gigabytes of patches every month, who are sincerely offended that consumers are pushing back against microtransactions and lootboxes, and who believe that it’s the consumer’s duty to support the industry, no matter what.

These are the people who often fall into lockstep behind the paid defenders of the industry, the gaming press. These are the people who love tossing around terms like “entitled” to describe their fellow game players.

These are the people who enable the industry to keep its consumer base bent over and taking the bullshit that the industry force-feeds them, because they’re examples for the industry to point out and claim that people don’t think it’s doing anything wrong.

These people are a big reason why the modern video game industry is such a clusterfuck. They’re enablers. They’re supporters.

It’s very sad.

Consumers who do not think like consumers are part of the problem. These people are always the ones to 'explain' to the rest of us how <fill in company> is a business and they make video games to make money. Consumers should care about consumer needs, not corporate needs and consumers should expect some degree of ethical behavior from companies. This whole 'they are a business and they only exist to make money' mindset puts ethics in the back seat and eventually out of the car completely.

Are we talking about access to clean water or an entertainment business? These companies owe you nothing so as a consumer it is up to you and you only to find value in how you spend your excess money.

The Volunteer Corporate Defense Force has grown exponentially with the rise of the internet. Maybe someone who works at a video game company will see their hard work. Maybe they’ll get a few likes or retweets for their efforts. I mean, nobody understands the plight of the poor video game industry! Won’t someone think of the corporations?

These people are consumers, like you and I. These are the people that not only excuse shitty business tactics, but feel the need to explain them to everyone else because nobody really understands. They’re the ones who buy special editions on Day One, who happily accept hours of downloading hundreds of gigabytes of patches every month, who are sincerely offended that consumers are pushing back against microtransactions and lootboxes, and who believe that it’s the consumer’s duty to support the industry, no matter what.

These are the people who often fall into lockstep behind the paid defenders of the industry, the gaming press. These are the people who love tossing around terms like “entitled” to describe their fellow game players.

These are the people who enable the industry to keep its consumer base bent over and taking the bullshit that the industry force-feeds them, because they’re examples for the industry to point out and claim that people don’t think it’s doing anything wrong.

These people are a big reason why the modern video game industry is such a clusterfuck. They’re enablers. They’re supporters.

It’s very sad.

You can buy Shovel Knight right now for $20, the same game would have cost you $50 back in 1991.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Are we talking about access to clean water or an entertainment business? These companies owe you nothing so as a consumer it is up to you and you only to find value in how you spend your excess money.

Well, thanks for stepping up to prove my point.

You can buy Shovel Knight right now for $20, the same game would have cost you $50 back in 1991.

You replied to Petrae's long and informative post with this? Look guys, you can buy a 2D platformer in 2018 that would have been more expensive 27 years ago, LOL.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
I started playing with the amiga.. and i 100% disagree we are living in a gaming golden age bigger than even in the 90s.

yoyo67

It's the worst in terms of greed, but it's coming full circle and it's going to bite publishers that take advantage of their customers in the ass. Personally I've never ran out of great games to play. I think this gen is considered the worst since beloved franchises are getting raped left and right, but people are waking up and voting with their wallets. Like the abysmal sales of Battlefield V, Fallout getting ripped on. MS buying studios to make a comeback, Nintendo is back on track this gen, and so on.

Petrae

The MSRP is still $40; it’s simply on sale at the moment. To the development team’s credit, its DLC model has been one of the few exceptions over the last decade, an example of how it should be done, incrementally adding content over fair amounts of time instead of teasing all of this other shit that’s coming months before the game even releases.

Tenaciousmo

I feel like his video would benefit from a person with another point of view and actually make it a discussion. He only seems to point out the failures and down-bringing of this generation.

- weekly Patches/day one patch
Yes the frequency Could be seen as a negative, but as a long time pc gamer those were always a thing for online games. I would rather have a game that updates weekly than scarcely or never. Day one patches always rubbed me the wrong way to be honest but I'd rather have this than the unpatched product most of the time. But those size are out of explainable range and are mostly not a great sign of quality...

- Street Fighter 5 Roster
Street Fighter 5 came out with 16 character 8 Of those were newcomers, if you compare that to the 17 starting character and 6 newcomer. It has been the "norm" for fighting game and I don't think anyone was mad that there was only 19 at launch as it was a new engine, New balance , new pretty everything. to say that SF5 roster is a bad thing is completly wrong to me. This game had many sins but it's start roster was great. And is not "casualized" the entry level has been lowered and god knows the fighting game community needs new bodies.

-Wii U Library
The fact that the Wii U failed to have a competent library is not due to anyone else but themselves sadly the hardware was good against PS3 and XB360 but the PS4/XB1 was one year away and brought the graphics and computing standards to higher standards, which sadly, the Wii U couldn't keep up with and sadly you need 3rd party support.

-2/3 failed
To call the Xbox 1 a failure is not 100% true. It has sold just under 40 million units [wiki numbers] it is half of what the 360 sold to date but still a lot. It has it's exclusives and keep getting better as a platform with Backwards compatibility, reviewing previous policies ( no trades, always online and such ) and upgrading their "games as a service" service. not the shiniest of sale numbers but not a failure for damn sure.
Wii U was one tho. love you <3.

-Genre defining games
-Monster Hunter World Is genre defining at it's finest. It took everything they did right up to then and Streamlined it and made it less tedious to do everything and having a second real joystick really helps
-Marvel's Spider-Man As an open World/hero/action game this game cannot be ignored. It's world's size is perfect , doesn't made me think about fast traveling, it's progression was perfectly paced, it's collectibles were not overwhelmingly numerous, everything had a purpose and sadly I cannot say that about most open worlds.
-Bloodborne Now that is a personal preference more than anything but I never felt any other "souls" game made sense to me more than this one, it's faster more active combat system, area, art style and all around polish hasn't been equaled yet except maybe by Nioh to me.
-VR As a house hold thing is an amazing future I want in , recently got one and thank sony for bringing it Cheaper (even if lacking compared to other) and to a wider audience, games like Rez infinite, Tetris Effect, Driveclub, and Astrobot are Genre and "vr" defining to me.

I do agree on the Mainstream AAA market being oversaturated with unfinished, microtransaction ridden bland products that need to take a look at itself. But his point of view might be tainted by bad experiences, maybe I've been luckier with my choices of games. People need to stop being so cynical and start enjoying video games.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
GTA 5
Red Dead Redemption
Portal
Portal 2
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
The Last of Us
CoD MW
CoD MW2
CoD BLOPS

and so many more

Wait... you put COD 3 Times?!!!

It’s very sad.

Well said. Do you know why I dislike platform and IP fanboys? Cause they fucking forget they are consumers first and just like the rest of us.

Aside from the shills, the people in the industry, etc, 'superfans' of a respective platform or game are willing to play defense for shit practices out of some sort of bizarre loyalty to plastic. They don't realize that things get worse, not better, when they excuse and handwaive things away. Their platforms of choice get arrogant and their IPs lose their edge and double down on things like MTX. Because of their blind loyalty, their favorite shit gets worse.

I am not saying to always be a cynic, but I see these contingent of zealots with blinders on more times than calling out obvious bullshit. They need to demand better from the things they enjoy, not accept whatever is tossed at them and accept it is the best thing ever.

This is why I give loads of credit to PC gamers. They don't take shit and will turn on their darling on a dime if they try to pull shadey things.

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned

Some background: Shokio started out as a very critical Nintendo fan but later expanded his thoughts on the industry as a whole in later years. Avid Smash tornament fighter and live streamers.

Some things worth mentioning from his video:
  1. "Worst" doesnt mean "bad experiences" (bad games)
  2. Last generation was a "test" for developers to see what they could get away with / Gamer's are to blame for enabling them.
    1. Lack of Content, half finished games / Wait for "malpractice" DLC.
      1. Street Fighter V came with 16 character at launch vs Smash Ultimate with 74 character at launch - (13:46)
    2. Lack of Optimization
      1. Developer allowing gamer to play game in long winded Alpha status (Early Access) like PUBG. some game not even being released. -(19:52)
      2. Fallout 76 / Bethesda - "You (gamers) caused this to happen..!" - (21:12)
    3. Micro-transaction
      1. EA's Battlefront III - Gamers waited till this gen to speak up rather then previous "We should of been more critical earlier.." - (18:49)

1. It should.

2. Every generation is a test of that. They're always trying to see what they can get away with. Capcom tested the waters with re-releases by pumping out endless versions of SF2 to see how far they could push it. It's nothing new.

2a. Nothing new, and quantity is not quality. Smash is a piece of crap compared to even SF5.

2b. Poorly optimized games are not a new thing. Think about how many trash tier games with massive slowdown and flickering problems we've had to deal with pretty much from day one.

2c. Honestly, there's a strong argument to make that microtransactions aren't as bad as monthly fees to even get into a multiplayer game. The whole pay to play a p2p multiplayer game was a scam so egregious it's laughable.

El_Belmondo

Adding in:

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait

Are you saying downfall of japanese games? THIS gen?

did you forget that we just got out of a gen where most japanese powerhouses tried to emulate western development because of western developer success and we ended up with a bunch of outsourced, ugly, brown and westernized games with barely any charm (Well, CAPCOM is still there with MonHun World)?

If anything, japanese games are experiencing a rennaisance this gen, thanks to the expansion of PC, Switch becoming the new plattform to release AA games, standarization of engines (Unity and UE4) and gachas as a source of income.

And please don't lump Nintendo with Sony in the censorship issue. Sony is going full '90s Nintendo, nintendo just put some black fabric over Mythra's legs.

MilkyJoe

The main issue with this gen, apart from obvious piss taking with micro transactions, is releasing unfinished games and patching them later.

ROMhack

I don't have an issue with this generation myself but I think it might be because I've accepted that AAA games aren't for 'gamers' anymore. The target demographic has completed shifted towards a mass audience as budgets have inflated. Pretty much all of the decisions the megamillionbuck publishers take come down to that.

You can either choose to accept it, or find a part of gaming you still enjoy.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I don't have an issue with this generation myself but I think it might be because I've accepted that AAA games aren't for 'gamers' anymore. The target demographic has completed shifted towards a mass audience as budgets have inflated. Pretty much all of the decisions the megamillionbuck publishers take come down to that.

You can either choose to accept it, or find a part of gaming you still enjoy.

DKP8HKTW4AAQqNC.jpg

-BLITZ-

Remember the days when a bunch of common people had brought together with their big and bright ideas to implement them in a game they wanted to develop and be proud of it, because to these people, all they wanted was to make something enjoyable and memorable.

A reminder of Mafia 1. Even the cut-scenes were awesome portrayed with all those little details.
- reloading a gun, will unload the entire clip.
- when you had an inventory and you couldn't carry all the weapons under the coat.
- walking over blood will produce bloody footprint
- when police AI was really smart
- when you could dodge with double left and right keys
- when a single shotgun shot could kill you entirely on 100 health
- when the enemy was dragging himself once he was shoot afterwards dying
- when the car could explode on the engine zone of the car
- when dogs were implemented
- when in game options were so plenty for each real necessity
- when hitting an object with your car, your health will fall
- when police blockade was available on the bridge
- when weapons had serious aiming, like not every bullet could hit a person
- when you could set the car driving to auto / manually and select whatever speed you desire to drive around the town
- when a wheel from a car could detach from too much collision
- speed-o-meter
- many more details the game brought.

I'm also thinking of GTA: SA. I never managed to play V.

Today, some developers, companies are nowhere near this concept, when it comes to build a game based on such ideas. All is money and power. Some, have lost the concept, the idea of why you are a developer.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
To me, This generation is awesome for the communication with other gamers.

BUT DEFINITIVE THIS 2 THINGS MAKE THE WORST PART OF THE GENERATION

pugb-fortnite-comparativa.jpg

Keiji84

Banned
For me it is as good as it was before. Not better but not less better.
Perhaps some of you are fed up with video games. :messenger_beaming:

Sparda

Banned
No. it's much better than last gen.
-Less "corridor shooter"
-More variety.
-Japan productions became relevant again.
-Many ways to save money: Ea access, gamepass, gold, ps plus...
Yes there are downsides(microtransaction, shit politcs, free-to-play ecc...) but i see much more positive aspects.

Helios

Developer allowing gamer to play game in long winded Alpha status (Early Access) like PUBG. some game not even being released.
Don't support developers that have obviously no intention of fixing their EA games. It's that easy. People have been reporting performance issues since day one, he could've just waited a few months to see if Bluepoint had any intention of fixing the game. Instead he just bought into the hype.
There's nothing wrong with EA as long as it's done right. Support people like the ones that made Darkest Dungeon, Slay the Spire etc. Games where you could just look at their patch notes and see the amount of work they put into fixing and improving their game.

sol_bad

If you get outside the negativity of the forums this generation is probably the best. We have far more games and way more choices of where and how we play those games. The quality keeps getting higher and higher. One of the highest rated games of all time just came out too.

Hello Jason Schreier.

*EDIT*
Just to be a bit more serious. This generation is great and there are a lot of great games.
It just really disheartens me that EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard and Activision have turned in to what they have turned in to.

EA
Road Rash 1 and 2, Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, Nuclear Strike, Haunting, Sim City 2000, Syndicate, Syndicate Wars, Wing Commander series, Alone in the Dark (early) series, Cyberia, 1 and 2, Magic Carpet, Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Crusader: No Remorse, Crusader: No Regret, Fade to Black, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, KKND, Populous, Medal of Honour, The Sims 1, SSX Tricky and SSX 3, Black & White, NBA Street, LOTR: Two Towers, LOTR: Return of the King, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth, Def Jam Vendetta, Everything or Nothing, From Russia With Love, The Godfather, Crysis 1, Army of Two, Dead Space 1 and 2, Mirror's Edge, Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins, Dante's Inferno, Mass Effect, Shadows of the Damned, Kingdoms of Amalur.

Ubisoft
Street Racer, Rayman series, Rainbow Six series, Ghost Recon series, Splinter Cell series, Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia series, XIII, Brothers in Arms series, Far Cry 1 and 2, Peter Jackson's King Kong, Assassin's Creed (early games), TMNT, Dark Messiah,

Activision
Pitfall and Mayan Adventure, River Raid, Rampage, Return to Zork, Zork Nemesis, Mechwarrior 2, Spycraft, Time Commando, Dark Reign series, Interstate 76, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, Soldier of Fortune, Spider-Man (early games), Gladius, True Crime 1, Call of Duty (early games), Armed and Dangerous, X-Men Legends 1 and 2, Ultimate Marvel Alliance 1 , Guitar Hero series.

These companies have developed and published so many good games that have been made with passion. Any game that these companies release with loot boxes and MTX would be infinitely better if they used progression systems from previous generations. Loot boxes and MTX NEVER improve a game.
For anyone that says loot boxes and MTX helps "support"a game and allow more content, it's just more content that you have to spend money on, it's not given to you for free. You are paying them money to put more items in loot boxes that you have to spend more money on. Anything that is literally free are items that are most likely developed within a day or a week and doesn't equal whatever the fuck the community has spent on loot boxes/MTX..

Last edited:

Elfstar

Adding in:

This gen is actually far, FAR better for Japanese games compared to the living nightmare that last gen was on home gaming devices.

Top Bottom