• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika theme coming to NA/EU, SCEA holding contest to win artbook signed by Masuda

Takao

Banned
18169897691_c945a918c0_z.jpg

Oreshika_Dungeon_Bridge%20Gif.gif

Starting today, May 28th, and running until June 10th, there will be a newly named labyrinth called Wailers Way which is a special area with the goal to kill as many Oni as possible, and to reach a minimum specified score. Winners will receive a bundle of in-game prizes, so join in! All of the eligibility details for Wailers Way can be found on this forum post.

Not to be outdone by the in-game competition, beginning on May 28th and running until June 3rd, we are holding a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of these awesome signed Oreshika art books. The books are signed by the creator of Oreshika, Shoji Masuda and the character designer, Makoto Sajima. For all the details on this sweepstakes please go to this forum post.

We’re excited to leave you with one more exciting announcement before we sign off… We’ve been listening to our fans and we are pleased to launch an Oreshika theme for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV, which will be available on the PlayStation Store on June 2nd!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/28/new-competition-begins-in-oreshika-tainted-bloodlines/

There's an interview with Oreshika creator Masuda at the PS Blog link.

EU already has a SCEE exclusive theme, but it sounds like this will be the Japanese one:

The JP theme launches in EU on the 11th of June. The in-game contest is available there too, though it looks like the artbook is limited to SCEA territories.

Very pleasantly surprised to see the game get any kind of post-launch support for them.

For those who haven't bought the game, it's currently available for just $15 in SCEA's PlayStation Plus sale. If you want to try out the game, there's a demo available as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Damage control for "legacy platform" comments.

oldmario

i wonder if this will be free, the one currently on the EU store is a laughable attempt, it's litterally just a wallpaper change only 1 image and no new icons

Hikami

Hm, got excited for a bit but the prizes for that new labyrinth aren't all that great. (Well, for someone who already beat the game and has all that stuff)

Entered for the sweepstakes, voted for some random male god and Tenku no Haruka. Really liked how that goddess looked.

randomkid

PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown, state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.

c'mon sony, i want that artbook but i don't wanna give you access to my likeness and my opinions!

cireza

Totally disappointed by that game. Incredibly boring, level-design is bland and repetitive.

There are much better DRPG out there.

matmanx1

Need to put some more time into this game. Bloodborne + Order of Ecclesia has been taking all of my gaming time recently.

jzbluz

Booo! I can't enter the sweepstakes. I don't think I'll enter the in game contest since I'm a bit busy but it's nice that SCEA is trying to promote/support the game. I'm getting that theme though.

Takao

Banned
Booo! I can't enter the sweepstakes. I don't think I'll enter the in game contest since I'm a bit busy but it's nice that SCEA is trying to promote/support the game. I'm getting that theme though.

Noticed that after I entered. Oh well, I got this Kochin gif at least:

6b0c01a824ec29f259952adfc9c7bd9d-555cd29c7dc53.gif

Entered the sweepstakes. Might buy the theme, depends on the background music they use for it.

Nice to see Sony giving this game some extra attention post launch.

Totally disappointed by that game. Incredibly boring, level-design is bland and repetitive.

There are much better DRPG out there.

Just played "that game" at lunch (picked it up for $15 through PS+) and I had the opposite experience. Oreshika is remarkably charming...and absolutely chock full of fun and impactful decisions to make...it really took me out of my work day.

My initial generation has kicked the bucket...after each uniting with the weirdest gods available...and the second gen is kicking ass.

I've now sold everything I own to purchase heirloom equipment, invest in my town, pursue high level demons (successfully) for greater Devotion points, and won my first Festival competition against other clans..and it all seems to be working out fine with nary a boring, bland or repetitive moment in my five or so hours of gameplay.

And yes, in my crucial Demon battle, the mother of my archer re-animated Obi Wan Kenobi style to help her son through the use of an heirloom bow...and then the weasel jumped in to add some debuff on the Demon to boot!

If that level of tongue in cheek sounds like fun...and you like fiddling around with decisions and clan management (while relying on advice from a weasel girl)...give this a try.

The dungeons are randomly generated a la the first Dark Cloud...so take them at about that level of seriousness...ie. what you need is in there somewhere!!

maouvin

System music for the theme is the bgm from your house (like the JP theme), right? Or did they somehow pick a different music?
edit: it is. Such a gentle melody. It's been so long since I let System Music on~

Fisico

Yep, great game with ton of content that you can either play casually or more seriously with the numerous parameters that always make you want to go for an extra generation to get better child.

Dungeons could have been better and some are indeed pretty bland or a pain to do, but otherwise the game really did everything right.

randomkid

The dungeons are randomly generated a la the first Dark Cloud...so take them at about that level of seriousness...ie. what you need is in there somewhere!!

Dungeons aren't randomly generated, but there are some semi-random elements. Basically the dungeons appear in randomized order, and the dungeon you get in your playthrough will come from one of four possible patterns, but that pattern stays persistent and is mappable. There are also small differences in the patterns depending on what time of year you enter the dungeon (for example, certain paths will be frozen and inaccessible in the winter, or new paths will appear by the ocean in the spring).

That said, your advice about getting in and out of the dungeons quick is right on the money. You're not supposed to spend hours in there like a typical dungeon rpg, you're really in there to accomplish short term goals like finding keys, defeating mini-bosses for devotion, getting skill scrolls, etc. Like you say there's tons of variety to the game, repetition only begins to set in during the end if you get bad luck with key placement or a bad generation.

Dungeons aren't randomly generated, but there are some semi-random elements. Basically the dungeons appear in randomized order, and the dungeon you get in your playthrough will come from one of four possible patterns, but that pattern stays persistent and is mappable. There are also small differences in the patterns depending on what time of year you enter the dungeon (for example, certain paths will be frozen and inaccessible in the winter, or new paths will appear by the ocean in the spring).

That said, your advice about getting in and out of the dungeons quick is right on the money.

Thanks for the correction! And, yeah, my approach to each dungeon is goal and time oriented....so I basically run like hell to get to my goal in one month and not die in the process.

Or, ergh, well, maybe I sometimes stop to snap family pictures in front of giant bowls of sushi, but, you get the point!

Top Bottom