• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Hype

oriController.jpg

Want!! :)

Will be checking this out if it is a reasonable price on steam. Maybe it'll be cheaper by the time I get around to it. Already have a massive backlog and grim fandango and Bloodborne will only add to the pain. :(

Yeah. It cost us a all a shit ton and we all have quite a bit of debt now... but it's all about quality, quality, quality. And it's amazing when you get to these story sections in the game and you hear the orchestra performing. It just hits you in a beautiful way :)

Dick move by MS not to fund every aspect of development, especially with it being a first party IP.

I want this controller. I need this controller.

Where can I buy it? Please tell me you're planning to release this alongside the game? Even if it's just the decals, I'd happily pay a high price for them.

wachie

We're still optimizing on 360, but there shouldn't be any differences apart from X1 / PC running at 1080p and the 360 version running at 720p. All versions run at 60fps. Need that for buttery smooth platforming :)
I'll likely get it on PC even though have an Xbox One. Should look great and run decent on my midrange PC.

If you guys haven't seen this yet, we recently did an orchestral recording for all the tracks in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ON2EBJkIvE

Gives me chills :)
Yeah. It cost us a all a shit ton and we all have quite a bit of debt now... but it's all about quality, quality, quality. And it's amazing when you get to these story sections in the game and you hear the orchestra performing. It just hits you in a beautiful way :)

wow pulling out all stops, can't wait.

XaosWolf

Was going to say I was jealous of XBONE owners for this game, but its coming to the PC too. =D

Been reminding myself to check about PC releases for XBONE releases ever since that chat with a Capcom guy about DR3 at Eurogamer 2013.

Grief.exe

Was going to say I was jealous of XBONE owners for this game, but its coming to the PC too. =D

Been reminding myself to check about PC releases for XBONE releases ever since that chat with a Capcom guy about DR3 at Eurogamer 2013.

Check out Below. A roguelike from Capy that is coming to XBO and PC early 2015.

HokieJoe

You have beautiful looking game.

I've got a question if you're still taking them:

Will there be a demo for this game? I'm wondering if my PC can run this game or if I have to wait until the 360 version. Hoping that we see a demo on Steam!

Yeah, this was absolutely on of the biggest E3 surprises for me, and one of my most hyped games for next year.

I think Phil should have stuck with his gut last year, and opened E3 with this instead of Cod.

Wooooow!!
That just makes it all the more incredible!

BTW, was there just one Artist doing everything for the game? Because it looks absolutely incredible as well.

March 11th!!!!!

We recently showed Ori at a Press Even tin San Fran and recorded a little demo of one of our dungeons, showing the gameplay there. Every single area in Ori and the Blind Forest has some unique twist regarding gameplay and in the Forlorn Ruins, it's all about gravity... but done in a cool new way, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QIQseu_44

Thank you guys so much for your support, we're all super thrilled about you guys being able to play it soooooon! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
March 11th!!!!!

We recently showed Ori at a Press Even tin San Fran and recorded a little demo of one of our dungeons, showing the gameplay there. Every single area in Ori and the Blind Forest has some unique twist regarding gameplay and in the Forlorn Ruins, it's all about gravity... but done in a cool new way, check it out:

Thank you guys so much for your support, we're all super thrilled about you guys being able to play it soooooon! :)

The game is going to support Steam Trading Cards, right? The game's visual style is ripe for great backgrounds.

This is coming to PC right? I haven't seen much of it since the reveal at E3 but I was very impressed by it.

Yes. Simultaneous March 11th release.

RoKKeR

Looks great Thomas, can't wait.

Are you guys doing custom achievement art? If so I imagine I'll be using them as my background going forward, art style is so good.

March 11th!!!!!

That is so beautiful. I can't wait to play this! The visuals are so eye pleasing.. everything is just refreshing and hits the feels.

dieter

Neo Member
Definitely day one. A bit worried that it might be too difficult, since I'm not really a hardcore lover of side scrolling games, but hopefully I can make it through most of it.

March 11th!!!!!

Man, 2 month wait is gonna be tough. That gravity gameay looks pretty great. Would love to play this game on a handheld so I can sneak in some playtime at work :)

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Ah I am so excited for this game. I am there day 1 on PC. It has everything I look for in a game.

The animator James Benson is a really cool guy. I don't know if it's been mentioned yet in this thread - but he did the "Half Life Trailer" where he showed what the game would be like with more impactful animations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIp8jOo8_o

He is also the animator for Firewatch, which looks amazing so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey96j2aH32U

AFAIK he did all (or most!) of the animation for ORI.

Top Bottom