• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest [Moon Studios, PC/Xbox One/Xbox 360]

This one got my heart racing. Funny how I've gotten fatigued on all these big budget shooter-action games but a platformer with charm and solid aesthetic direction can absolutely dazzle me.

Empty

have moon studios made any games before? can't really find them on google search (secretly directed by kojima obvs)

Schrade

That game trailer was one of the most impressive things to me out of the Microsoft conference.

Really nicely done.

:'( sad trailer. Much more sad than guy in CoD who got caught in the explosion.

dont tell me you didn't shed a tear for Arm Guy

he was my favorite generic army guy in that trailer

so many life experiences we shared...like that one time he threw that grenade and got his arm stuck like an idiot

Moongazer

The art style looked so much like Dust I assumed it was Noogy's next game, but that's not his team name.
Looks very similar to Dust, its what got me excited when I first saw. Even if it isn't made by the devs who made Dust, it was the highlight of the conference for me.

Silex

Yh saw that also. Sounds like X1 and PC.

According to the fact sheet, it's coming to all three platforms, 360 included. However:
Estimated launch: Xbox One and PC (Fall 2014); Xbox 360 (TBD)
Looks amazing.

aP9UQzv.png

Begaria

So much for that "Only on Xbox One" in the corner of the reveal. I'm stoked I'll be able to snag it on PC. Looks so good.

PC version YES!!!

very interesting how the enthusiasts in gaming are more and more being turned off by the big stuff but games like this get us interested.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Xbox conference video said 'Only on Xbox One'.
I wish this were on PC, but I doubt IGN is right. Unless of course Microsoft were lying.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It looks wonderful. Also did they seriously spoil bearthing dying in the trailer? That shit was straight out of The Liong King

Going to get this day one on PC.

A shame it isn't Xbox One only...because if it was...I would actually have to get an Xbox One just for this game + Sunset Overdrive.

Worth noting that MS owns the IP.

Easily my favorite game of their conference. This is the game Phil said he almost had open the show.

Pretty visuals, but otherwise I was underwhelmed. I might have been more interested if this game came out 3-5 years ago.

Very good looking, but I'm getting tired of the Metroidvania boom already. This looks like sum Guacamelee, Child of Light, and a bit of Dust: AET put into a blender. Still, indie games for Xbone go go go.

Noogy

Yeah, this is certainly one of my favorite moments of the show so far. Very excited! And as I mentioned elsewhere, it's quite inspiring! I love the Ghibli influences.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
dont tell me you didn't shed a tear for Arm Guy

he was my favorite generic army guy in that trailer

so many life experiences we shared...like that one time he threw that grenade and got his arm stuck like an idiot

Arm Guy in the CoD trailer, Chuck in the Sims...let us never forget those who have fallen today.

Amir0x

Banned
Simply amazing in every way

made me weak at the knees

i don't know how much longer i can hold of getting an Xbox One

Phantom Dust, Ori, Sunset, Forza, Halo Collection

I'm just...they hit my weakpoints for massive damage. Nearly every single one. I'm a giant enemy crab, and I've been defeated :(

explodet

I think I saw Spike TV misspell it as "Ori and the Bling Forest".

... that would have made it a WAY different game.

Squalor

This game looks great, but it's a huge disappointment that it was the best new game Microsoft had to show, especially since it's on PC, anyway.

Top Bottom