• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps vs. Uncharted 4

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Votes: 166 45.7%
  • Uncharted 4

Votes: 197 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

MnjiMOq.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Uc4 is amazing. Fantastic game and characters (fuck Elena though. She is annoying af).
I never understood how is it boring or a movie. It's the uncharted with the most gameplay of the quadrology
edit: Not to bash Ori... It's fine

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ori is a really great game, definitely the best Metroidvania I've played in years. But I also really liked Uncharted 4 so this was a tough choice for me!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Uncharted is a big AAA game and Ori is an indie. People like to be cool and hate on big studio games usual.
But Uncharted is dying breed of great single player games with no microtransactions, solid story, gameplay and graphics. It's no perfect, bit too long and would not win the gotg anyway (some form of souls should probably) but it's way better than people make it out to be.
Just the same with Death Stranding and Last of Us 2. It's just cool to bandwagon hate these games and indies are not to be touched. Though ori is some of best this gen, it's probably not even in my top 5 indies alone... it's just this kinda generic looking fantasy indie platformer we had tons of this gen imo, sorry(I still think it's good. Just not for me, no offense).
I am ready for anything. RE2 already lost to Nier but 2b has a great booty so I can vouch for that any day :p
I wish gears of war trilogy got as good 4th game as UC... gears 4 and 5 suck ass :(
edit: Ori is not an indie. bad wording on my side, sorry

Last edited:

tommycronin

Ori 2 is the clear winner here. Too many parts of U4 were pretty boring and Ori 2 was great to play the whole way through.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
As much as I wanted to love Ori, I did not like it as much as UC4, despite it's flaws.

OMG YES! She is one of many reasons I hated UC4. If they had to turn Nate into a married man, it should have been him & Chloe.

'Member?

Also makes me really sad about "development" of the games, the whole cutscene....I have this stupid smile on my face and...well 4th Uncharted is nowhere need this type of playful tone.

.Pennywise

Banned
Uncharted is a big AAA game and Ori is an indie. People like to be cool and hate on big studio games usual.
But Uncharted is dying breed of great single player games with no microtransactions, solid story, gameplay and graphics. It's no perfect, bit too long and would not win the gotg anyway (some form of souls should probably) but it's way better than people make it out to be.
Just the same with Death Stranding and Last of Us 2. It's just cool to bandwagon hate these games and indies are not to be touched. Though ori is some of best this gen, it's probably not even in my top 5 indies alone... it's just this kinda generic looking fantasy indie platformer we had tons of this gen imo, sorry(I still think it's good).
I am ready for anything. RE2 already lost to Nier but 2b has a great booty so I can vouch for that any day :p
I wish gears of war trilogy got as good 4th game as UC... gears 4 and 5 suck ass :(
Have you played Ori and the Will of the Wisps?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Have you played Ori and the Will of the Wisps?
I've "almost finished blind forest" and played some of the 2nd one.... probably not enough to talk this much shit really :p.... but I yt more of it ?
Edit: It looks so good but when I got to play it I kinda got bored. Maybe "metroidvania" exhaustion

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
I've "almost finished blind forest" and played some of the 2nd one.... probably not enough to talk this much shit really :p.... but I yt more of it ?
Edit: It looks so good but when I got to play it I kinda got bored. Maybe "metroidvania" exhaustion
Because Will of the Wisps it's not an indie.

Wunray

I know ori won't win but ori is the better Game in terms of gameplay, music and art, uncharted 4 has the best gameplay of the series.....................that isn't saying much and the 2nd best story, also if you vate for UC4 you sign off on naidine ross's fuckery.

Ori was a masterpiece. The music was top-tier, the gameplay was so fluid and quick. Looking at it, it was like watching 60 paintings/second. This was my GOTY so far. If someone wants to drive home the argument that video games are art, this is the example to use.

lNDfP36.jpg

nNpMN3t.jpg

pP9Y14i.jpg

Uncharted 4 wasn't even the best Uncharted game. Although Ori had no dialogue (Jabba the Hutt doing narration aside), I found the Ori did a better job of conveying emotion with color and music than the cutscenes in Uncharted did with full dialogue.

turtlepowa

Banned
There's no way Ori looses to UC4, what with all the ND hate going on here. Hell even I voted for Ori, I did like UC4, though.
Sony love > ND hate. I said it before and i say it again. Semifinals will be at least 3 Sony games.
On topic: Uncharted 4 was a solid game. Not as good as 2 or LL, but better than 1 and 3. Ori was a great new ip and had something special. It deserves the win, but not on GAF.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ori was a masterpiece. The music was top-tier, the gameplay was so fluid and quick. Looking at it, it was like watching 60 paintings/second. This was my GOTY so far. If someone wants to drive home the argument that video games are art, this is the example to use.

lNDfP36.jpg

nNpMN3t.jpg

pP9Y14i.jpg

Uncharted 4 wasn't even the best Uncharted game. Although Ori had no dialogue (Jabba the Hutt doing narration aside), I found the Ori did a better job of conveying emotion with color and music than the cutscenes in Uncharted did with full dialogue.

This ! Ori is a masterpiece guys !!

2-D platformer can never be 'game of the generation' according to console warriors.

IMHO INSIDE is the 'game of the generation'. The shock-wave sequence alone is amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom