• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Tash

AFK timers are too long.

I just ran across the street, worked on my bosses computer, had lunch, came back, and was still in game.

Yes...45 mins. And they don't go up against people riding afk in circles to level up their mounts..

Soi-Fong

Game doesn't seem to be getting much attention here on GAF. Wonder why... I remember a bunch of Gaffers being excited when FF XIV was launching and that was huge..

Soi-Fong

It's an MMO.

GAF, in general, doesn't play a lot of MMOs.

Ah, I guess FF XIV was more of an exception then...

Anyway, does anyone here know how much this game is different from XIV. That was pretty much my first big MMO that I spent significant time in.

vilmer_

I spent the $150 for alpha access when it first launched way back and just reinstalled the full game after a while. Weren't we supposed to get some goodies? I got a couple of explorer's chests by mail but that's it...

ZenVolta

I don't and in reddit scape mentioned it's frowned upon but they won't take action iirc :)

Maybe, I know they said they didnt mind if people did it in the betas but doing so in release could land you in timeout. Use your best judgement(Im mostly saying this so any lurkers get the wrong idea that its ok and something DID happen to them, then they shouldnt bitch about it. Not really pointing a finger at you)

I spent the $150 for alpha access when it first launched way back and just reinstalled the full game after a while. Weren't we supposed to get some goodies? I got a couple of explorer's chest by mail but that's it...

Contact support. They posted something about people not getting their rewards on their forums.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Wonder what will happen first: iOS8 downloads, or I get through this queue.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just logged in after waiting 2mins. Ya'll are you just playing on the wrong server.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The release date in the OP says November, but the game is out now? I was looking forward to it based on what I have heard, but have not really followed it much.
Good spot, fixing now!

Also queues will hopefully become smaller over time as the player base settles down, but they may open another server or two as time goes by. Don't want them throwing in 10 new servers just to respond to launch hype and then have them dead after a month.

Oh and bit of advice, if you are stuck not knowing what to do; explore. You can stumble upon a lot of stuff by just exploring, including rare mobs, quests, hidden farms and more.
What about regrade charms? One of the estimates on their forums put the dollar value of full BiS gear at around $6,000 USD. Are they still in the Cash Shop?

It normally wouldn't concern me, but since there's open PVP in this game it means someone can effectively P2W their way to statistical superiority and run around destroying everyone who's playing it "legitimately".
Nah they opted to not have any catchup gear or purchasable gear to stop the pay2win elements.

Raxious

Seriously? Was interested in trying this, now not so much. The ability to steal and grief without consequence will do nothing but attract the worst possible gamers -- the kiddies who have too much time on their hands and no conscience to speak of -- to the servers; doubly so because the game is free (and free players are essentially encouraged to steal from others to make progress, as far as I can tell).

Sounds less like a MMO, more like 'Somalia Simulator 2014'. (Admittedly, I'm still a little curious, but the whole 'free for all' gameplay seems like such an unnecessary throwback...)

Lol no, it's just like EvE. You can scam unless you're trying to use some exploits and shit. This game is all about communication, so the moment you start scamming someone, people will know. Hell, there are guilds people don't wanna come near with because they scam, and people put out bounties to get scammers as well.

If you wanna scam go ahead, but don't think that there aren't any consequences in doing so, cause there are.

Soi-Fong

Wow... Cry Engine 3 is impressive. I'm only in the beginning area, but I'm able to keep up 60 fps on absolute max settings at 1440p.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I just logged in after waiting 2mins. Ya'll are you just playing on the wrong server.

It's not that, patrons get bumped to the front of the line, you're only in queue behind other patrons.

kabel

Lol no, it's just like EvE. You can scam unless you're trying to use some exploits and shit. This game is all about communication, so the moment you start scamming someone, people will know. Hell, there are guilds people don't wanna come near with because they scam, and people put out bounties to get scammers as well.

If you wanna scam go ahead, but don't think that there aren't any consequences in doing so, cause there are.

This.

ArcheAge is not WoW where you can ninjaloot some epics/rare mount and then change you name and your realm for cash. People will hate you and you will be unwelcome everywhere.

Decided to grow some barley near this river to see of anyone would steal it...

A fucking Elf named Chipper stole it. It left footprints. I click on the footprints and it asks me to describe what I saw...so I just said his named was Chipper and he stole all my barley.

I then added him to my friends list to see what he was doing but I guess he's offline.

Fuck you, Chipper. I'm going to try and get my barley back.

ZenVolta

Decided to grow some barley near this river to see of anyone would steal it...

A fucking Elf named Chipper stole it. It left footprints. I click on the footprints and it asks me to describe what I saw...so I just said his named was Chipper and he stole all my barley.

I then added him to my friends list to see what he was doing but I guess he's offline.

Fuck you, Chipper. I'm going to try and get my barley back.

If they steal enough they will have to go to court and judge by a jury of their peers. Then most likely sent to jail, cuz no one likes a thief.

Also im on Western Naiman Server. IGN is Zenvolta if anyone wants someone to hang out with or whatever.

K.Sabot

Welp, 7 hours later still waiting.

I wonder if they even want to remedy this, or just push people to pay for Patron status.

Sounds like scumbag move they'd do.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Welp, 7 hours later still waiting.

I wonder if they even want to remedy this, or just push people to pay for Patron status.

Sounds like scumbag move they'd do.
Its just launch woes. There a lot of free players trying this game, but they have mentioned the afk timer is broken and need to fix. At the moment it's something 30 mins before being kicked.

Slacker

I'm on Kyrios now, which apparently is the busiest server. I've been in the queue for about five hours currently with still 500 people ahead of me (and I'm a patron).

Will likely be rolling on Naima soon too, as that's where it sounds like there are some Ars people and some gaffers. Would love to hear that they are going to offer server transfers.

Retro

Nah they opted to not have any catchup gear or purchasable gear to stop the pay2win elements.

I know that, I meant the Regrade Charms though and that's what I specifically mentioned. Just because you can't buy gear straight up doesn't mean there isn't a Pay2win system in place.

lol 3000 people in the queue for Inoch, guess I'm not playing tonight. Honestly have never had to deal with queues this bad before, ever.

RK9039

iIYtLZo2v7AP.jpg

+50 people for one boss.

Try hitting ESC quickly, should skip it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up having to exclude a couple folders from being scanned by Windows Defender. Weird, but it worked.

However, the queue was like 4,000 people so I guess I won't be playing tonight anyway..

vilmer_

My god they really optimized the game a ton. 60+ fps, 1440p and everything cranked. One of the most beautiful MMO's I've seen in a very long time.

ZenVolta

I find it fun that they dont really seem to care about how long these wait times are.

"Hey we put up a new server! Check it out!!" WTF is the point if my doods on another server? Just so I can start all over again?? Not that it helped anything anyway cuz that server is full.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This looks... surprisingly good.

The art style is pretty nice, and the gameplay seems pretty open. I'm so sick of modern MMOs in which you follow a path from a town, through some mobs, to a boss, and then back to the town. Ugh. I want to explore and build... this seems to have that.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I find it fun that they dont really seem to care about how long these wait times are.

"Hey we put up a new server! Check it out!!" WTF is the point if my doods on another server? Just so I can start all over again?? Not that it helped anything anyway cuz that server is full.

Yeah it definitely has surpassed their expectations in how many people would be playing, and I do hope something can be done to resolve the quite long queue times. Throwing servers at the mix won't necessarily help the situation, but maybe shortening AFK timers and having a queue save could help ellevate things.

The annoying thing is the game is so damn good, but the queues are just making it hard to enjoy that.

They have to fix this. People are just going to give up trying to play the game. Got kicked out and now I've been waiting for more than an hour on the newest NA server.

ZenVolta

I really wish that when they were adding stuff in to the english release of the game they would have added the extra Races. I always enjoy playing the "fantasy" race in mmos. But for the West all they have are Elves..and I hate elves. Thats harsh. I dont hate them per say but they are overly cliched in games.

144159.jpg

This would have been awesome to play as.

Edit:
cd037b23ee.png

a89dadea90.jpg

:(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They have to fix this. People are just going to give up trying to play the game. Got kicked out and now I've been waiting for more than an hour on the newest NA server.
I was waiting for over 5 hours, got kicked out, and came back to an even larger queue.

Korten

Banned
Yeah they need to add more servers. Combined, the EU and NA have less servers than even just the Korean or the Russian version.

Like what. Why does Korea have 20+ servers and NA have just 8? It's clear 8 is WAAAAY to low amount.

Got home from work since I left it downloading and there is a queue of over 3000, and >1 hour on pretty much all 10? of the servers.

Top Bottom