• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubus

Is anyone going to do an Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer import OT? Game is coming out next week on friday.

I can do one but I'm gonna be quite busy that week so it'll be pretty basic. If someone else wants to make a flashy fancy import thread, then they're free to do so :) Just post here so I know I don't have to worry about it!

Is no one really doing a OT for Galak-Z, Submerged or Volume? I checked through the thread, but I didn't see any mention of them.

Also, how long is Cream's ban? He was supposed to do Until Dawn's OT...

EDIT: Well for now I guess I'll do Galak-Z and Submerged, unless someone comes along who wants to do them terribly bad. I want those games to get some coverage.

I'll make the claims official:

Submerged by orthodoxy1095 (25th July 2015)

Galak-Z by orthodoxy1095 (25th July 2015)

Bombless

I'd like to do the OT for World of Warships. It has been in Open Beta for a month now but it's technically released since everyone can play, the player data is final, there won't be any wipes anymore and the ship preorders have been delivered to the buyers.

Does that qualify for the OT to go up now or not?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'd like to do the OT for World of Warships. It has been in Open Beta for a month now but it's technically released since everyone can play, the player data is final, there won't be any wipes anymore and the ship preorders have been delivered to the buyers.

Does that qualify for the OT to go up now or not?

Id suppose if you just put open beta in the title it should be fine

kubus

Since I'm already doing the import thread, guess I'll throw in the OT as well since it looks like it hasn't been claimed yet?

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer by kubus (28th July 2015)

Game comes out on October 2 in Europe, and September 25 in NA.

I could use some help with making a banner for the Everybody's Gone to the Rapture OT. This is the image I want to use. I thought about cropping it and just adding "Official Thread" (without the quotes) somewhere using the same font and color that the title is in.
I'm not sure what size you want it cropped to, but here's a header! If you like it, I can crop it to whatever you need. Just give me some dimensions. I tried a few different sizes for the font...

V13PYKP.png
ZIpqRHY.png
AIJVVaP.png

If you want something else, lemme know and I can see what I can do.

Slixshot

Banned
I'm not sure what size you want it cropped to, but here's a header! If you like it, I can crop it to whatever you need. Just give me some dimensions. I tried a few different sizes for the font...

If you want something else, lemme know and I can see what I can do.

Did you end up doing Galak-Z? I would be happy to do it, if you haven't already. ^_^

Edit: too late, I guess ^_^

iNvid02

Does anyone know how to contact Cream?

you could ask one of the mods how long his ban was, if he won't be back in time to make the OT it might be best to free it up, unless he has asked someone to post it on his behalf, in that case hopefully they come here and relay the message.

not sure what they think of OTs and bans, be a waste if he had one all ready but couldn't post it.

you could ask one of the mods how long his ban was, if he won't be back in time to make the OT it might be best to free it up, unless he has asked someone to post it on his behalf, in that case hopefully they come here and relay the message.

not sure what they think of OTs and bans, be a waste if he had one all ready but couldn't post it.
I asked duckroll, and was told cream's ban lasts until the end of the month and Until Dawn comes out the 25th. The main thing would be to check with cream to see if any work has been done yet...

Volotaire

I asked duckroll, and was told cream's ban lasts until the end of the month and Until Dawn comes out the 25th. The main thing would be to check with cream to see if any work has been done yet...

Does this poster have a Twitter account? A lot of GAF posters do so it might be worthwhile checking out. Also, did he/she post in any community threads. There maybe poster sin contact with him/her.

Does this poster have a Twitter account? A lot of GAF posters do so it might be worthwhile checking out. Also, did he/she post in any community threads. There maybe poster sin contact with him/her.
Did some digging and managed to find their PSN name in the Bloodborne OT. Hopefully I'll get a response!

Parakeetman

The first post really should be updated since there's been a lot of requests and saving since last update.

Smart thing to do is PM Nemesis_ about it. Already did that. But any time you think the OP needs to be updated PMing Nem is most def the fastest way and most sure fire way to make sure an update goes through. As while he may not write back, he generally will almost always stop by to square things away.

Dude is quite busy and why he is not always able to be here watching the thread constantly. Though does come when PMed.

Volotaire

Yes, if you have read Nemisis posts in this thread, he is generally very busy so it takes quite a bit of time to update. Even then, I'm not sure why it needs to be updated regularly when your claims are staked in this thread. Use the thread search to look for recent updates.

Parakeetman

Yes, if you have read Nemisis posts in this thread, he is generally very busy so it takes quite a bit of time to update. Even then, I'm not sure why it needs to be updated regularly when your claims are staked in this thread. Use the thread search to look for recent updates.

With the way you are stating things its making it sound like there is no point to Nemesis_ even taking the time out of his schedule to update things if all you want is for people to use the search function instead.

The whole purpose of the updates is to keep things clean and easy for people to find the info they need quickly, rather than always having to use the search function which risks the chance that one side typed it wrong causing crossed wires.

While its understood that he is busy, it is also a general custom that he comes in monthly to do the updates. That no one seems to have a problem with. So its perfectly reasonable for folks to ask for the monthly update considering its August now.

Volotaire

With the way you are stating things its making it sound like there is no point to Nemesis_ even taking the time out of his schedule to update things if all you want is for people to use the search function instead.

The whole purpose of the updates is to keep things clean and easy for people to find the info they need quickly, rather than always having to use the search function which risks the chance that one side typed it wrong causing crossed wires.

While its understood that he is busy, it is also a general custom that he comes in monthly to do the updates. That no one seems to have a problem with. So its perfectly reasonable for folks to ask for the monthly update considering its August now.

The key word in my post is regularly and recent i.e. every few days or so. There is a point to keep updates from months ago in one place and easily accessible, but claims that have been made recently in the past weeks or so are easily viewable. As I said, updates aren't needed regularly. But as you say, it's time for an update because a month has elapsed.

Does Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC get an OT? If so, can I take it?

If it's releasing 3-4 months after the original game I imagine the original OT will be full of spoilers and heavily entrenched in their own community discussions so it might be a good idea. :)

Edit: if I can, then:
Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC by Garrett Hawke (7th August, 2015)

TheMoon

Does Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC get an OT? If so, can I take it?

If it's releasing 3-4 months after the original game I imagine the original OT will be full of spoilers and heavily entrenched in their own community discussions so it might be a good idea. :)

I see no problem with this. There are OTs for regional releases all the time so OTs for late ports are basically no different.

I see no problem with this. There are OTs for regional releases all the time so OTs for late ports are basically no different.
That's what I figured :p I mean OTs go up a lot later than they used to so as to avoid people who get the game day one from being lost in discussion, so this makes sense (to me :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom