• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't think it's in the OP yet, including the rule about an OT not going up until at most one day before release for games and one week for Off Topic would be handy. :)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Since I don't think it's in the OP yet, including the rule about an OT not going up until at most one day before release for games and one week for Off Topic would be handy. :)

I recall that mods seem to be more strict on the AAA type of OTs that go up to early since they turn into a mess of "hype" posts.

Other smaller titles they do not seem to mind as much if it goes up a few days ahead. Though generally its good to check ahead with a mod.

But them talking about AAA vs smaller OTs seems to be a case by case situation.

Cornbread78

Just dropping in to say that I am rescinding my "claim" on the Skyrim Special Edition OT.

I'll take it off your hands.

Skyrim Special Edition by Cornbread78 ( August 8th 2016 )

Oct 28th, 2016 release date

Should be all updated, I am about to update the OT too because these updates are taking me way longer than they should be because of omission of information (and thusly gets updated less often than it should.)

Please let me know if I have missed anything!

TY, BTW. Is there a process to let people know if their claim is not done correctly?

Parakeetman

I'll take it off your hands.

Skyrim Special Edition by Cornbread78 ( August 8th 2016 )

Oct 28th, 2016 release date

TY, BTW. Is there a process to let people know if their claim is not done correctly?

If they didnt follow the instructions on how to make a claim which is clearly posted in the OP then they did it wrong. lol

Code:

[b*]Title[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]Author[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]xxth Month Year[/ur*l])
For an Off-Topic OT, add [*i][OT][/i] to the prefix of your code (remove the *)

Title = Self explanatory
Author = Your username, link to own profile
Expression Date = Date appears in brackets. This links to your expression of interest post[/i]

Cornbread78

If they didnt follow the instructions on how to make a claim which is clearly posted in the OP then they did it wrong. lol

proactivity dammit, lol. I screwed that format up so many times, lol!

Nemesis does a great job updating the page (Thank you again), but to prevent issues, maybe a post quoting those that are ineligible/wrong.

Also, maybe a couple dedicated mods assigned to this thread as the "judge, jury and arbiters?" It's not like any issues have really come up (frankly, there should be a few more people making OTs) however, a couple mods assigned to this thread could be helpful to bounce Ideas/questions off of.

Parakeetman

proactivity dammit, lol. I screwed that format up so many times, lol!

Nemesis does a great job updating the page (Thank you again), but to prevent issues, maybe a post quoting those that are ineligible/wrong.

Also, maybe a couple dedicated mods assigned to this thread as the "judge, jury and arbiters?" It's not like any issues have really come up (frankly, there should be a few more people making OTs) however, a couple mods assigned to this thread could be helpful to bounce Ideas/questions off of.

The mods basically left this place as "Lord of the Flies" so its up to those who are more active here to answer the general questions. Which so far has been working out fairly well for the most part.

Its actually been quite a while now since we last had an incident when Stumpokapow? had to step in and straighten things out.

The most common questions that usually come up are by people who dont use the search function asking if someone has claimed X title / subject for an OT.

There would be a lot less questions if people would just use the search function first.

Should make a general rule that those who do not follow the specified format designated by Nemesis_ do not have their claims added to the OP. Since its not rocket science and if someone is not willing to take the time to do a claim in the proper format which helps Nemesis_ update the thread, then honestly they should not be claiming an OT.

It is a simple common courtesy for Nemesis_ who takes time out of his busy schedule to keep the thread updated. There is no reason why Nemesis_ should be doing extra work due to those who are unable to read the simple set of instructions in the OP.

Levyne

Banned
I think the mods never really intended for the need for there to be super strict rules or whatever for OT producing, but it just kinda became necessary for a time when people were claiming Halo 7 and Half Life 3.

Parakeetman

The current system has been working so far, I don't see a need to change anything.

For the most part yeah.

The following below does need to be updated though since we have had the official statement from a mod saying that basically claims are only valid within a 1 year window and must have at least a general "projected" time frame to be able to be claimed.

- We are considering asking prohibiting people from claiming threads that are for the distant future and limiting users to games that have actually been locked down for release. We haven't stopped you from doing so yet, but use common sense; there's no need to claim something 4 years in advance.

TheMoon

Who is doing the "No Man's Sky" OT?

dying over here. same page.

The mods basically left this place as "Lord of the Flies" so its up to those who are more active here to answer the general questions. Which so far has been working out fairly well for the most part.

Its actually been quite a while now since we last had an incident when Stumpokapow? had to step in and straighten things out.

The most common questions that usually come up are by people who dont use the search function asking if someone has claimed X title / subject for an OT.

There would be a lot less questions if people would just use the search function first.

Should make a general rule that those who do not follow the specified format designated by Nemesis_ do not have their claims added to the OP. Since its not rocket science and if someone is not willing to take the time to do a claim in the proper format which helps Nemesis_ update the thread, then honestly they should not be claiming an OT.

It is a simple common courtesy for Nemesis_ who takes time out of his busy schedule to keep the thread updated. There is no reason why Nemesis_ should be doing extra work due to those who are unable to read the simple set of instructions in the OP.

TheMoon

Quick question-
what if youre a junior currently buy MIGHT be a member by the time a game comes out, can you still participate?

iirc it's 3 months and/or 300 posts to become a proper member so if the 3 months is over before the game's out there's nothing standing in the way.

iirc it's 3 months and/or 300 posts to become a proper member so if the 3 months is over before the game's out there's nothing standing in the way.
Alright. Thanks! What if the game's unannounced but surely coming ?

If its alright, I'd like to call dibs on the next Red Dead!

Alright. Thanks! What if the game's unannounced but surely coming ?

If its alright, I'd like to call dibs on the next Red Dead!
It has to be officially announced with a release date within a year, give or take a month or so.
When the time comes be sure to post your claim with the official format listed in the OP! :)

mcz117chief

OMG OMG OMG Shadow Warrior 2 is going to get released this October!!! I have updated my claim already. Lads, get ready for the greatest FPS of this year and possibly this gen!

Here are the two claims just fyi: original and the second, both are updated with the release date.

Question:
Assetto Corsa comes out 26th/30th this month on consoles and only has an old(2013) " Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|", no real release OT ...not even for PC.

Would it be ok, to make a ...uhmm.. "new"/real OT for the console release? The game also gets a complete UI overhaul on PC alongside the console release.

TheMoon

Question:
Assetto Corsa comes out 26th/30th this month on consoles and only has an old(2013) " Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|", no real release OT ...not even for PC.

Would it be ok, to make a ...uhmm.. "new"/real OT for the console release? The game also gets a complete UI overhaul on PC alongside the console release.

Of course.

Cornbread78

Question:

Yeah brotha, do it!

new games get a new OT, so it's always a good thing for everyone!

Just keep it simple and it opens up a discussion channel for those playing the game.

The question was also because the game isn't really new, it has been out on PC since December 2014, but didn't have an OT for that, people kept using the Early Access OT, but there is not much going in there anymore, people tend to use the "PC racing sims" thread instead.

So the new, real OT would be for consoles and PC. Or just consoles? Is there a precedent for something like this?

Edit: I mailed the early access |OT| OP, asked for his blessing and any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom