• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

Stuart360

I made the mistake of questioning the validity of the “2 cores for SSD I/O” claim. Won’t do that again. Seems like that’s become the unofficial King Sony Meme thread, which is fine, there should be a meme thread for PS5 too. MHK made the DualSense one which was going strong for awhile but probably not a broad enough title.

Eh, it is what is. If something new pops up I’ll always try to share it if it hasn’t already been posted yet but that’s probably the best I can hope to accomplish there.
Even though its the 'next gen' thread, its pretty much the unofficial Sony thread on here. They all gather in that thread and falatio each other. And any Xbox talk, good, or even negative, seems to be frowned apon.
At least Xbox related threads have become a lot more readable because of it, with much less drive by shitposting.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
n784k7R.jpg

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Even though its the 'next gen' thread, its pretty much the unofficial Sony thread on here. They all gather in that thread and falatio each other. And any Xbox talk, good, or even negative, seems to be frowned apon.
At least Xbox related threads have become a lot more readable because of it, with much less drive by shitposting.

In addition to the comedy gold you can often find in the next gen circle jerk, it also provides a valuable service. Just like the REE Asylum, it keeps a lot of the worst lunatics segregated away from the rest of us.

Stuart360

In addition to the comedy gold you can often find in the next gen circle jerk, it also provides a valuable service. Just like the REE Asylum, it keeps a lot of the worst lunatics segregated away from the rest of us.
Check some of the recent posts in the Sweeney thread. Someone is trying to suggest PS5 is more powerful than a 3080ti when not doing ray tracing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I wish they would upclock to that magic 13.3 TFs that all the Sony boys were predicting for the mighty PS5. The meltdowns and damage control would be epic.

ZywyPL ZywyPL forget about PMing JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered the link to the post about only the PS5 is true next gen. Please post the link in here, I'm dying to see that clown post.
the thing that would trigger is if they put a faster SSD in it. imagine the shit storm lol

ZywyPL

Banned
Found it:

Along with another gem, which is even better:

giphy.webp

Oh boy. The DF comparisons when the consoles launch, are going to be Biblical.

DF? Those paid MS shills? Funny how DF used to be THE source to prove how much more powerful the PS4 is, but once X1X came out they all of a sudden became biased and unreliable.

Just imagine if Microsoft ups the gpu clock just a tad. The reactions would be 100x worse. Remember the April fools thread on it? It triggered a bunch of people. Microsoft did up the clock on the Xbox one just before release, so it wouldn't be farfetched.

That thread was indeed biblical, I wish MS really bumped up the clocks, just to see even more excuses and denial. But since they already gave away the specs and numbers I don't expect that to change.

My friend, they've already got pages of go-to responses ready to go:
"Obviously Microsoft paid the developer to prioritise optimisation for the Series X!"
"Well duh. I could've predicted this. Third party developer - doesn't count, because it's not using the hardware to its fullest."
"Lowest common denominator - they're designing games around HDD's for fuck's sake! No sane person would consider this a benchmark!"
"Well, of course it looks better on Series X - this game wasn't designed to use the SSD! If it had, it'd look much better on PS5!"
"I can't put my finger on why, but I actually prefer the PS5's 1440p upscaled to the Series X's 1800p upscaled. I'm not sure what it is - it's just my preference."
"Ha ha, oh wow - 5 seconds extra loading? That's an eternity! If I launched a console with 13 second loading screens in 2020, I'd be embarrassed!"
"Lol, just wait for Sony's first party to show off what the PS5 can do - Microsoft's first party can't match the Naughty Gods!"
"Who cares about a 20% resolution difference? With the AA and upscaling in place, they're identical! What matters is the games!"
"Lol, indie title so who gives a toss. They've made a Switch port for crying out loud - this straight up doesn't count!"

It's funny how damn accurate it is, we can see some guys already using them, before the generation even took off, like they are already preparing for the forthcoming future.

Who was that dude that got banned who had said that these consoles should have 120 gigs of RAM and was serious? He posted it multiple times.
R R600 ? he was banned multiple times for stating that github leak made sense & was probably real, demanded a perm after multiple attacks.
Check some of the recent posts in the Sweeney thread. Someone is trying to suggest PS5 is more powerful than a 3080ti when not doing ray tracing. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Since this is kinda the XsX Unoffical OT too

InXile confirms their next gen RPG is on UE5

They are developing Wasteland 3 now, so I guess we will see whatever this UE5 game a couple years down the road?

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Since this is kinda the XsX Unoffical OT too

InXile confirms their next gen RPG is on UE5

They are developing Wasteland 3 now, so I guess we will see whatever this UE5 game a couple years down the road?

Doesn't matter. XSX doesn't have an SSD. They're better off using UE4.

Last edited:

Ascend

Found it:

Along with another gem, which is even better:

giphy.webp

DF? Those paid MS shills? Funny how DF used to be THE source to prove how much more powerful the PS4 is, but once X1X came out they all of a sudden became biased and unreliable.

That thread was indeed biblical, I wish MS really bumped up the clocks, just to see even more excuses and denial. But since they already gave away the specs and numbers I don't expect that to change.

It's funny how damn accurate it is, we can see some guys already using them, before the generation even took off, like they are already preparing for the forthcoming future.
I have that person on ignore. I guess it's a double edged sword. Ignoring people reduces the annoyance, but also lets you miss out on good laughs.

Pack it up guys, Xbox is done. DEDICATED JUMP BUTTON.

eyTfw1w.jpg

Virtue signalling AND a jump button? How can anyone top this? Imagine playing a game where you move around a world and you get to jump! This is revolutionary. What will they come up with next?

Seriously though, I miss old Naughty Dog (I'm talking Crash and Jak Naughty Dog, not even 'Indiana Jones and the Raider of Tombs' Naughty Dog )

This is funny because it's true. This happens every time new consoles are coming out.

Pre-launch:
Tech demoes showing incredible detail and sophisticated new programming techniques, trailers for games that look insanely detailed compared to current games. New technologies that will revolutionize gaming. Promises of high resolutions and framerates.

Launch:
Low resolution, low framerate, effects and technologies that were available on PCs an entire console generation ago. Final products can't even do half of the shit the talking heads were promising.

giphy.gif

At least Xbox is running actual games at 4K/30 fps and not a closed off, completely empty (oh wait, there are some rocks) game engine tech demo at 1440/30. Given game engine tech demos usually look better than the games that end up using them, this does not bode well for poor Sony.

Xbox has also announced a lot of upcoming games from their own studios as well as 3rd parties. At this point the PS5 is still a dev kit with a rendering for a controller and it's nest gen games mostly don't exist at all (I think they showed a game during the game awards?). Maybe that's their plan, if the SSD has nothing to load it'll be super fast! It'll take 0 seconds to load it all!

ieO0z7R.jpg

CobraXT

Banned
CUs count doesn't mean anything these days and it's possible to overclock GPU to 2.23 ghz which something unheard of in the gpu market

CobraXT

Banned
Wut.

For sure. It’s an impressive clock speed, especially if it’s quiet. But CUs aren’t irrelevant.

I am not saying its irrelevent , i am making fun of the people who say it . 2.23 ghz like i said is very unlikely because all gpus in
the market today cannot achive this high clock . even if true it means sony spent ton of money in psu and cooling solution
which dosent make any sense . best case scenario ps5 will reach this clock in very short bursts to accelerate loading like
the nintendo switch

I am not saying its irrelevent , i am making fun of the people who say it . 2.23 ghz like i said is very unlikely because all gpus in
the market today cannot achive this high clock . even if true it means sony spent ton of money in psu and cooling solution
which dosent make any sense . best case scenario ps5 will reach this clock in very short bursts to accelerate loading like
the nintendo switch

Sarcasm sometimes gets lost in text.

2.23 isn't impossible, but it's going to pump a lot of heat from a die as big as the APU the new consoles are using. I can hit 2200+ on my 2080ti for shits and giggles, but nothing requires that clock level. Playing the most intensive games, on Afterburner it never creeps over 2050 Mhz. Most games just aren't stable above 2100 Mhz. I think K|NGP|N has gotten a 2080ti to over 2700 Mhz on liquid nitrogen, be nobody is playing any games on his setup.

The interesting thing is how much more voltage is required once you hit 2 Ghz. the curve flattens around that point, and the power draw to reach 2200 Mhz gets pretty steep compared to 1800 Mhz, which means even more heat.

I have a 2'3" tall tower with enough fans and radiators to make my car jealous which at 2050 Mhz under load runs my temps into the low 60's. Again, I have almost 4 cubic feet of cooling space in my tower four 200mm fans, 4 140mm fans and two radiators with their own fans. For the PS5 to cool a 2.23 GPU which is built into the APU alongside the CPU, they are going to need to be doing something really fancy.

Maybe they are running refrigerant and a condenser which would be super expensive, require a lot of space, have unproven reliability, and refrigerant has a lifespan. This is doubtful because it would add $100 to the system's price along with the issues mentioned. I also think shipping refrigerant would put it in a different class for shipping since it contains chemicals.

They could be running liquid cooling which is also costly, requires space for a radiator, and once that radiator heat soaks it loses cooling capacity. Just look at any MicroATX build with a big GPU in it to see how that works out heat-wise, then realise Sony wants to do that in a smaller format. Again, this is an expensive approach for something they need to keep below $600. It would be the first liquid-cooled console though (no the Dreamcast was not liquid-cooled, it just used heat pipe cooling and people though they were for liquid.)

If they are going for a slim format like the PS4's, they will need to use blower-type fans which basically always have coil whine noise under load. If they go this route, I expect to see reliability and/or performance issues related to heat. My 2080ti is a liquid cooled card, but it also has a blower type fan installed. I consider that fan to be a last resort backup in case my GPU radiator springs a leak or the radiator fan fails. Other than that it's inactive because it's near-useless and kind of noisy.

They might go with a setup similar to the one used in the Xbox One X which used a large diameter blower with a big cooler directly on top of the APU exiting directly out of the system through a steel shroud. The X is quiet and pushes some pretty impressive games at 4K like RDR2.

The only other real option I think they have, and the reason I don't think they've shown a console yet, is to copy Xbox's homework and build vertically, sucking cold air from below and expelling the Inferno out the top. Even then at 2.23 Ghz in such a small box, I expect to read about people melting things the put on their consoles or actually burning themselves.

It'll be interesting to see what they came up with.

Lethal01

7nxcWmI.png

Honestly can't wait till actual games come out. Huge possibility the games will be amazing but if they are not the meme potential is going to be over 9000.

Bro this thread is for making fun of Xbox fanboys.
You don't seriously think anyone would be making claims as dumb as what's been in the last 10 pages do you?
the people here are just pretending to be morons.

Lethal01

Doesn't matter. XSX doesn't have an SSD. They're better off using UE4.

Just because the assets will be lower quality on XsX doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the system, it may not be as big as jump as what you get on ps5 but you will still be able to get high geometry density than on Xbox one.
Also lumen is unlikely to be tied to SSD speed.

The Series X will just have to focus on different things than PS5

Top Bottom