• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of The Game, episode #16 (12/02/09)

taku

IMG_3448.jpg

LTTP on this whole "not talking about games" issue on this OofG. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole premise of this podcast to talk about everything in entertainment BUT games? It is called "Out of the Game" after all.

voltron

FartOfWar said:
I'm unable to comment. I did suggest that the crew tape game-related episodes without me, though.

Fair enough.

Disappointment max to be sure, but theres not much you can do about it I guess.

Firestorm

Yeah Chris, but when talking about entertainment, it's perfectly natural to relate it to games when it's most of the listeners and cast's primary entertainment medium.
voltron said:
Did Shawn explain why he cant talk about games any more?

Or should we just use our common sense faculty's?
He said in this thread that he can't comment.

movie_club

when is this coming back!!????

also question for shawn or anyone who can help me- what GFW Radio episode does shawn talk about that weird game they play in russia or some east european country on horse back for an old car?

Idle Thumbs is dead other than the promised rare episode here and there. OoTG was fairly regular for a while, though. Sucks the last episode they promised to not take so long until the next one:lol

Rahk

voltron said:
What happened to Thumbs? Wasnt that a fav podcast of many people?
One of the members
(congratulations Nick)
left to work for Bethesda, and the other two didn't want to continue it without him
(fuck Nick)

Nizz

Lotan said:
Nice, I'll have something new to listen to during my hours long work commute.
You know it's an old one, right? Unless you haven't listened to this one yet. I thought this was a new show cause of the bump. :(

Lazslo

Just a heads up: A new out of the game podcast will be recorded tomorrow according to Jeff Green's Twitter:
GreenSpeak said:
OMG: Recording another Out of the Game podcast tomorrow w/ @shawnelliott, @ncroal, and @robertashley. Will Luke show up this time? LOLOL
There's no way Luke Smith will show up, although it would be nice.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Luke Smith is pretty funny and obviously a smart dude, but his contributions to Out of the Game were minimal at best. He really didn't seem that interested in doing it. Looking forward to the new episode!

Lazslo said:
Just a heads up: A new out of the game podcast will be recorded tomorrow according to Jeff Green's Twitter:

There's no way Luke Smith will show up, although it would be nice.
sooo where is 17?

[edit] OMG THEY RELEASED EP 17 more than a month AGO??? :O:O:O:O

RedHerring

Neo Member
Thank god, I was starting to get worried as it's been so long since the last one. I know it's not been too long since #17, but they were talking about recording one next week which obviously never materialised. I'll be a very happy camper if they can get this podcast back on track with regular releases, it's always immensely entertaining. :D

Top Bottom