• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outcast Star Zooms Out of Milky Way Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

did a search for galaxy.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An outcast star is zooming out of the Milky Way, the first ever seen escaping the galaxy, astronomers reported on Tuesday.

The star is heading for the emptiness of intergalactic space after being ejected from the heart of the Milky Way following a close encounter with a black hole, said Warren Brown, an astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=753&e=1&u=/nm/20050208/sc_nm/space_outcast_dc

I was so confused while reading the first sentance. I thought it was talking about:

outcast.jpg

I was like WTF? :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Zelda-Bitch said:
I was so confused while reading the first sentance. I thought it was talking about:

outcast.jpg

hahaha me too

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
but I guess the title should read. "Outkast star, Andre 3000000000000, zooms out of milky way galaxy"

WedgeX

Banned
At the earth? Not too high.

But a "sister star" coming into our system and begin a tango with our sun, screwing the entire system up by drawing the astroid belt towards us? Pretty good odds. I think it's supposed to happen once every 27 million years. Yes, I just had an astronomy class Tuesday :)

KiNeSiS

Banned
Blackace said:
but I guess the title should read. "Outkast star, Andre 3000000000000, zooms out of milky way galaxy"
He's been out in his galaxy for quite some time now. Erica Badu must have did it to him and Common.

Zelda-Bitch said:

outcast.jpg

I thought about it was news about Andre playing a part in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy or something. Friggin' rappers and their names getting me confused with thread titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom