• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outer Worlds Info & Gameplay from PAX East (2 pm EST)

Teslerum

The Outer Worlds: Obsidian Looks to the Future By Visiting the Past
The Outer Worlds reunites the creative minds of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, bringing them together with team members they’ve worked with over their expansive careers. It also re-associates Obsidian Entertainment with a style of game that its fans have wanted for years. Join Co-Game Directors, Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (Fallout, Vampire: The Masquerade), Megan Starks (Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire), and Charles Staples (Fallout: New Vegas, South Park: The Stick of Truth) as they talk about their careers and show off all new gameplay for The Outer Worlds.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Damn I had to run out like 5 minutes into the gameplay part. It really looks a lot like Fallout, and I mean that in a good way.

They’re clearly showing early footage without voice acting and lots of screen tearing and unoptimized areas with low framerate, but you can really tell how cool this is gonna be when it’s done.

Teslerum

Mostly liked it. How attributes and skills work/are presented is a total mystery to me though.
As in from everything we know its like 10 approaches all mixed into one.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I don't know why they'd want to show such an unpolished build with some key features missing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against bullshit presentations that don't show actual gameplay (hello E3 Anthem), but you're supposed to sell the idea of your game to as many people as possible.

Teslerum

I don't know why they'd want to show such an unpolished build with some key features missing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against bullshit presentations that don't show actual gameplay (hello E3 Anthem), but you're supposed to sell the idea of your game to as many people as possible.

Eh, it worked for the room, came across as honest and these presentations aren’t exactly of big promotional importance.

Top Bottom