• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outrun 2006 Website

123rl

the androgyne said:
Bastards locking the F430 from the PSP version unless you connect to PS2 version! There better be a way around this!

That sucks. Connectivity and unlockables like this are a horrible idea. They sucked when devs did it with the GC/GBA and now they suck when PSP/PS2 games are doing it. If I buy a game I don't expect to have to buy two copies of it on different formats just to get the full experience.

ghibli99

123rl said:
That sucks. Connectivity and unlockables like this are a horrible idea. They sucked when devs did it with the GC/GBA and now they suck when PSP/PS2 games are doing it. If I buy a game I don't expect to have to buy two copies of it on different formats just to get the full experience.
I'm sure we'll hear of a way to unlock this content w/o having to connect to the PS2 game, although I'll probably end up with both games anyway.

RidgeCityFM said:
well atleast the xbox version is now confirmed. hopefully its 360 compatible!

It`s not and thats straight from the horses mouth from one of the developers who posted over at ntsc-uk. By what he said there`s nothing they can do on their end to make it compatible. It`s all down to when microsoft get round to making it compatible by the look of things.

Agent X

123rl said:

Generally, I would agree with this. I don't really have much of a problem with connecting the two systems to unlock added content, as long as it isn't the only way to unlock it. For example, if extra cars were available in the PS2 game, then they should give the player the choice of unlocking them immediately by connecting with the PSP version of the game, or earning them by playing through the PS2 game alone (regardless of whether he ever connects a PSP or not).

If a developer chooses to make extra content available only by connecting the two systems together, then I would prefer that it be something minor such as an extra character skin, and not a major portion that they fenced off simply as a crutch to get people to buy two copies of the game.

I'll probably get the game for either PS2 or PSP, but I haven't decided which one yet. I don't know if I'm going to get it for both systems. Eventually I'd like to have it on both systems, but I don't plan on buying both versions right away.

If you have both systems, but only plan on buying the game for one of them, then one thing you can consider doing is renting the other version (or you could borrow it from a friend), and playing just enough to unlock whatever you need.

Top Bottom