• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 7 million users signed up for the Overwatch closed beta

Wum53Ht.jpg

Lucifon

Aren't we pretty much all signed up in battle.net anyway if you have an account and have signed up to previous betas? Pretty sure mine was already ticked.

Seiniyta

So I guess I'm one of those rare people that isn't a streamer that got in. (...I..I do know someone at Blizz though)

Having played it a ton, this game is going to be huge I think. The game is incredibly fun even when it's far from finished. It's probably the most fun I had in a multiplayer fps since um. Quake Wars/Wolfenstein: Enemy territory.

I do wish more people got invited so I don't have to wait so long searching for a match :p

So I guess I'm one of those rare people that isn't a streamer that got in. (...I..I do know someone at Blizz though)

Having played it a ton, this game is going to be huge I think. The game is incredibly fun even when it's far from finished. It's probably the most fun I had in a multiplayer fps since um. Quake Wars/Wolfenstein: Enemy territory.

I do wish more people got invited so I don't have to wait so long searching for a match :p

Hey can you put me in touch with your friend? Thanks.

Apt101

None of you got in? I got in but haven't bothered to fire it up yet. All I know about it is that image of a girl leaping, guns akimbo in the launcher.

Acidote

Someone in this forum flagged my account once for the D3 beta. But he's now banned now since 2013 =(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And around 0.0004% got in :D

I got in but I'm waiting for the next wave to open ._.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Eh. Some people got invites despite never actually applying for the beta, wouldn't trust the numbers that blindly. That said it looks super fun and I hope they find success with the game

No one ever seems to trust blizzards numbers, when WoW subs were high it was all lies and China accounts/trials artificially boosting it, just PR rubbish. Then when they announce any sort of decline everyone takes it as gospel and lords it over them to show how their games are failing.

It's not much of a stretch that 7 million people ticked a box that says "Overwatch", wasn't exactly a difficult process.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Man, I've been signed up for the beta since forever. Even re-signed up once just to make sure. But so far, no dice.

TheYanger

Aren't we pretty much all signed up in battle.net anyway if you have an account and have signed up to previous betas? Pretty sure mine was already ticked.

No, you had to specifically check it. You sign up for betas on battle.net by 'universe' and Overwatch started blank for everyone when they announced it.

DeaviL

Banned
If Battleborn is dead, poor Hi-Rez's game is rotting.
Poor Paladins.
It looks terrible anyways

What about Gigantic?

AaronMT86

I never opt-ed into the beta in particular but my battle.net account was already opting into all betas available. Are these opt-in numbers or number of all accounts whom opt into all betas?

Jinaar

Again, another crazy silly statistic from Activision/Blizzard.

I wasn't accepted into closed beta. /tear /hangs-self

must be like a up close shotgun blast to those two other games being developed but competition is good hopefully this motivates them to do something outstanding (CliffyB)

MiguelItUp

If Battleborn is dead, poor Hi-Rez's game is rotting.
Poor Paladins.
It looks terrible anyways

What about Gigantic?

Personally Gigantic and Overwatch are the only hero centric FPS games that I care about. Feel bad about the other ones. :\

therapist

Holy crap wow , understandable given its just a checkmark.

I dont like MOBA's but the game looks to be more than competent as a shooter , ill have to try it eventually.

Top Bottom