• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overlooked PS3 + 360 gems

Frologic

earthdefenseforce2017-2.jpg

EDF 2017 Most fun I've had with a couch co-op game.

mrmickfran

Bayonetta - GOTY 2009
Vanquish - GOTY 2010
Catherine - GOTY 2011

I don't care what anybody says, Bayonetta didn't sell enough copies. It should have sold at least 5 mil worldwide. :(

Jay-T

Enchanted Arm

JRPG developed by FROM very early this gen, I actually bought the game before buying my 360.

very good game with traditional turn based battle system, but it flopped hard commercially and critically on both 360 and ps3.

Enchanted Arm

JRPG developed by FROM very early this gen, I actually bought the game before buying my 360.

very good game with traditional turn based battle system, but it flopped hard commercially and critically on both 360 and ps3.

I had it on the PS3 and then got rid of it, should probably pick it up again.

Bionic Commando (2009)

If modern gaming hasn't made you brain-dead, then this is easily one of the better games of this generation.

Fucking dumbass reviewers and Capcom/Western-Dev hate-brigade sullied its good name :(

Frologic

Bionic Commando (2009)

If modern gaming hasn't made you brain-dead, then this is easily one of the better games of this generation.

Fucking dumbass reviewers and Capcom/Western-Dev hate-brigade sullied its good name :(

Beat this recently. Tons of fun and really enjoyed the soundtrack.

Mitsurux

Just a few i can think of off hand..

Civilization Revolution
El Shaddai
Outpost Keloki X
Carrier Commander
Alpha Protocal

DustAETbox.jpg

Not a gem but still worth checking out:

I find this a gem personally. It was an absolutely fantastic experience, though I'm probably a bit biased since I tend to love 2D games a lot. But sadly, it seems to also have gotten hurt by the "furry" stigma that's on these types of characters these days. You couldn't go anywhere without people pointing at it and kinda going "eejw". I find that rather ridiculous since to me it's sort of like saying "eejw" to Indiana Jones because he uses a whip and thus must be an S&M freak.

Anyways, Ikaruga got a special XBLA re-release, I don't remember many people talking about that, still a great game. Also, Hard Corps: Uprising

Hard_Corps_cover.png

And lastly:

garou-mark-of-the-wolves-xbla1.jpg

The XBLA re-release also. Almost nobody played this online :'C

daninthemix

Kameo: Elements of Power. Classic Rare - it really is like one of their N64 gems but with 360 quality visuals and sound. Lovely game, even if some of the elementals controls are annoying.

Liberty4all

Banned
Same reply I make every time this thread comes up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxOGEM_Z2Ic

Gabe said:
I know it sounds silly but Surf’s Up is actually a really fun game. I know it’s supposed to be for kids but we picked it up last week and had a blast with it here in the office. It’s sort of like Mario Kart meets Tony Hawk on the ocean…with penguins. You have this super fun track out on the ocean with crazy jumps, rails to grind and obstacles. The entire time your trying to navigate this track a massive wave is devouring it. So your racing your opponents and the wave and trying to do tricks all at the same time. I don’t know if it sounds as good when I explain it. It’s just a really fun game and I recommend you find a way to give it a try.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/06/11

By far one of the best Movie tie in games I've played.

Brashnir

Mutant Storm: Reloaded - XBLA (Not to be confused with the shitty Mutant Storm Empire)
Elefunk - PSN
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Stuntman: Ignition
Adventures of Tintin

it looked like a ps2 game, is janky but was sooo much fun to play. I might have to pick it up again.

EDF4 (the real sequel to the game) came out in Japan recently, and should be coming out in the west in February

Super sonic rocket powered whatever Cars was super fun.

And can anyone tell me what made Bionic Commando so good? I didn't really give it a chance because I hated the redesign of the character. I used to love the old game.

Prologue

This title didn't really go under the radar, but...

This game gets too much shit and I think more people need to play it. The interplay and dialogue between the Prince and Elika is some of the best realized dialogue and interaction between two characters in any game this generation. It's a shame we never got a follow up to this game...

I was looking into playing this game but I saw both the original ending and DLC ending and the payoff isn't worth it.

Kameo gets my vote and Red Faction. Some of the best multiplayer I've played.

Wow, beaten by a single post.

But seriously, picked this game up last week. I think it is my favorite game this generation.

Jep played the first part just before summer stop had a week free from school sadly haven't had the time to play the expansion pack.

For folks that want to get the game get Dark Arisen sku it has the main game and the expansion pack in it.

Another is Spec Ops The Line. The gameplay isn't bad, but not great. But the story and how screwed up the game gets is simply amazing. Easily one of the best stories of the generation.

Trouble Witches NEO and Sine Mora. Two of the only good or at least serviceable shooters to come to the US this gen.

TWN is unplayable due to the voices. Even disregarding that, it's merely ok. Sine Mora is decent. Strania is leagues better than both of them. Deathsmiles IIX is better than those two as well.

Top Bottom