• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 | Review Thread

CuNi

I might be remembering this wrong, but IIRC any hero of a battle pass will be available to everyone either one or two battle passes after they launched.

And I doubt this will be a massive issue. The game already has plenty of heroes in all roles so it’s not like new players have slim pickings. Hell, Dead by Daylight is still going strong six years later despite virtually all post launch survivors and killers being in individual chapter DLCs you have to purchase if you want all of them.

I heard some rumors, but haven't read anything about heroes turning free after a few seasons.
All I could find when googling was this quote:

"If you happen to skip a season and miss out on a new hero, Blizzard did say there will be ways to earn heroes that were released in previous seasons. You'll be able to earn them by completing special challenges or by acquiring them directly through the in-game shop with Overwatch Coins."

Now we don't know how difficult or how much time those "special challenges" will be, but given the amount of premium currency you can earn per week, I'd say it's safe to say it won't be as easy as reaching battlepass lvl 55.
To clarify, I don't think the game will die and when I say "break" I mean it will lose popularity drastically, not die out.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
This is the most acurate review by far!

Ehhhh. Blaming servers that are now fixed and quoting “same as OW1” is a pretty bad look at this point. The entire playing community has been praising the 5v5 gameplay and it seems the bitter past owners that pine for the garbage balancing from 2018 are the only hold outs doing the standard bullshit of “we want the trash gameplay of our nostalgia”. It’s best to let those losers live in the past and ultimately focus on the future. My question to these “reviews” is whether they will change them after the pve comes out. I mean I guess they don’t have too, but really they should. This is halo infinite of reviewing only the multiplayer early here.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I revived this shit show of a thread just so I can signal boost how mad I am that mei is banned from OW2 due to the glowing card throwing, green haired super weeb’s swift step being broken and somehow is getting blamed on other characters. Get fucked blizzard. Not playing your shit until she is back into the game. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Fuz

Banned
I revived this shit show of a thread just so I can signal boost how mad I am that mei is banned from OW2 due to the glowing card throwing, green haired super weeb’s swift step being broken and somehow is getting blamed on other characters. Get fucked blizzard. Not playing your shit until she is back into the game. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
wat

YukiOnna

Kiriko best.

Top Bottom