• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

KiraFA37

Reminder PC inhouse starts in 2 hours.
inhouse_wip.png

Gorillaz

I think this might be the only safe weekend for comp since everyone is watching evo

I need to see zero win smash 4 finals first

Geneijin

For many, many people (including myself) quickplay is what they play. The "it's just quickplay" mentality is horribly toxic. Losing in quickplay sucks just as much as losing in comp.
It's the unfortunate reality of Quick Play though. You'll find many people loosely playing the team objective and playing heroes they simply want to play over team composition or winning. You're not gonna get very competitive games unless stacks are involved more often than not, and even then, there's no guarantee they care enough. The staggered spawns, the lack of tanks, solo healing, etc - it's not much of a team learning environment really.

It's the unfortunate reality of Quick Play though. You'll find many people loosely playing the team objective and playing heroes they simply want to play over team composition or winning. You're not gonna get very competitive games unless stacks are involved more often than not, and even then, there's no guarantee they care enough. The staggered spawns, the lack of tanks, solo healing, etc - it's not much of a team learning environment really.

Pretty much why I play comp. It's the only mode in solo that you have a decent shot at getting any team play. I think I like where I am in the rankings too. Those higher GM rankings would make me choke up and play really poorly lol

Ramirez

I don't want that because in this case losing has consequences where you drop in rank and are stuck with worse quality matches.

Stop worrying about SR and just play to the best of your ability. I get mad when I lose a lot too, but shit, take a break, come back, it means absolutely nothing at the end of the day. But, you can have a lot better chance at getting great games in comp.

QP will only end in frustration if you're looking for people to take it seriously, and I don't think an Unranked mode would change it either. As someone else said, people fuck around in the offseason playlist too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
QP matchmaking is legitimately the worst matchmaking I've ever encountered in a video game. Every match is just a roll and its only gotten worse and it seems like Blizzard doesn't care about anything other than competitive.

And I've played a lot of online FPSes. I've played casual games of Team Fortress 2 with half the team dancing in spawn and Quick Play is worse. Like I'm regularly playing Titanfall 2 as well and 9/10 matches feel pretty balanced or at least doable whereas every QP match in Overwatch is a roll one way or the other.

I don't like how the system is either skewed to kill-focused POTG, or Mercy's resurrection.

Hopefuilly they eventually add the new POTG system they talked about all those months ago, maybe some combo POTS and a better algorhthm.

How hype would that be if you got like pharah and zarya fist bumping after a wombo combo POTG

Blues1990

Hopefuilly they eventually add the new POTG system they talked about all those months ago, maybe some combo POTS and a better algorhthm.

How hype would that be if you got like pharah and zarya fist bumping after a wombo combo POTG

Or Genji and Zen meditating in their POTG highlight intro?

rulerk1

i never made a game before but combo POTG's sounds hard to do assuming they give everyone multiple ones. idk. i thought they meant like a split screen type of thing

Ramirez

i never made a game before but combo POTG's sounds hard to do assuming they give everyone multiple ones. idk. i thought they meant like a split screen type of thing

Seems like it would be rather easy for the obvious combos, but I too, know nothing.

Had a team of silent players only decide to speak up AFTER we lost, lol. This community, christ.

This happens to me often on PS4. Somebody turns on their mic at the end of loss to tell the team we suck.

Or me and another person talking shit about the team and then somebody will get on mic to talk shit back- maybe get on mic before everything goes horribly wrong?

I have now lost NINE comp matches in a row despite having three Golda or the gold for healing in every one. I'm about to put my controller through my TV.

This game legit pisses me the fuck off.

Lost ten in a row, whatever, I can handle dropping from 2300 back down to 1995, I'll climb back just through law of fucking averages.

Games never make me mad, but I was playing one game with my friends to try and get A win, not like 3-4. We end up with two Diamond players sitting at 2100 and think that's weird but whatever.

Turns out they are grouped and throwing matches intentionally because it's funny.

Ruined my fucking night.

randome

Was playing mercy and healing the shit out of my team when some guy was like omg thanks for keeping me alive! And I was like no problem man. Then another guy was like that's literally her job, to keep you alive. He was a hanzo. Later on DVa was behind the payload and he was bitching about how she was behind us, and I was like....fuckin kill her, that's your job. Lol.

Hate when people are ungrateful. Like I get stuck with mercy all the time and hardly complain but when you run into people like that it's like...dude.

Just got accused of throwing for playing as DVa on Temple of Anibus attack because "she doesn't match our team comp". We had 3 dps, 2 tanks and Mercy.

Sometimes your teammates are complete fucking idiots, can't do much about that.

Top Bottom