• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bit of both. Mercy's healing is more decisive than Lucio's in most situations, whereas Lucio simply heals a greater amount. Damage boost is also great albeit situational. As for the ults, it goes without saying that Mercy's has a much greater YOLO factor and is generally more useful but Lucio's is hardly a slump.

...bu-bu-but her ult is literally letting people live twice?

Page 400!

OT3!

Bring it.

3d_la_emoticon_by_thecospig-d3916o1.gif

Fugu

I think you just fought bad reapers.

Though his shotgun isn't as effective on small hitbox targets. Still pretty effective.
Obviously Reaper shouldn't lose a 1v1 against Mercy but it's far more doable than most other matchups and since Mercy is basically the Dan of 1v1 that's a sign. Of the offense characters, Reaper and Tracer are the only ones that Mercy has a reasonable shot of killing in a 1v1.

Gator86

why even bother trying to help my team by playing a support when they play like shit and are too scared to attack.

no more helping idiots, I'd rather be the one pushing if they are too scared

Leap in with Winston, get a kill, nearly kill another person, scatter the rest who are slightly injured. Teammates, of course, still strafing back and forth at the first chokepoint firing a round or two in every once in a while.

cuilan

Yes, D.Va is a Widow hard counter. But nobody is terrified or has to comp around a D.Va like they do with Widows right now. Nobody gives a fuck if the enemy team has a D.Va.

Ironic since she's actually a hard counter to a lot of things. She's just very situational.

I hope it stays that way!

I'm so good with D.Va that I can use her effectively for any situation that doesn't require a healer.

Good enemy teams learn not to underestimate my D.Va real quick.

KuroNeeko

On console, I switch to D.Va if Widowmaker is giving us trouble...actually, I switch to D.Va a lot.
I've been playing her a LOT more aggressively now. Charge into Widowmaker, Hanzo, Mercy, Lucio, etc, and just ruff 'em up.

You can usually take one or two doods out, charge out and heal, then start harassing them again.

Overwatch |OT3| Love Mei

#winkyface

Canucked

Just played against a team where their Mercy only attacked. I get She/He was trying to be clever of whatever but their team majorly got wiped.

I'm starting to want for more healers already. I don't see Symettra as a viable healer at all, I love Zenyatta as a healer but it also requires you to be playing with people who understand what you're actually doing as him. Mercy and Lucio fill their roles great, but Zenyatta's team based entry barrier makes many underestimate him as a healer and Symettra really works best with two healers.

I don't mind picking up the slack as a healer, but I've been having to do it so much recently that Lucio and Mercy are my most regularly played characters and it's not often I'll take them by choice. Like I say I'm fine with picking up the slack but the lack of options while doing so is becoming grating to the point I'm tempted to just stop playing healer all together with randoms for a day or two. My only brief respite seems to be when I get an invite from the GAF group since people cycle and know what's actually happening when you pick Zen or Sym.

eek5

I'm starting to want for more healers already. I don't see Symettra as a viable healer at all, I love Zenyatta as a healer but it also requires you to be playing with people who understand what you're actually doing as him. Mercy and Lucio fill their roles great, but Zenyatta's team based entry barrier makes many underestimate him as a healer and Symettra really works best with two healers.

I don't mind picking up the slack as a healer, but I've been having to do it so much recently that Lucio and Mercy are my most regularly played characters and it's not often I'll take them by choice. Like I say I'm fine with picking up the slack but the lack of options while doing so is becoming grating to the point I'm tempted to just stop playing healer all together with randoms for a day or two. My only brief respite seems to be when I get an invite from the GAF group since people cycle and know what's actually happening when you pick Zen or Sym.
Zen as the only healer is brutal unless your team way out matches the other team at which point having Zen is kind of overkill. His heals are a nice cherry on top but as the sole source of team healing it's kind of weak. Him needing to maintain LoS doesn't help either. His debuff is pretty nice though and hes capable of killing as long as hes protected. As a second healer he is great.

Lyng

Tanks aswell.
I need to find a group to play with, because I am about done until ranked comes out. So many idiots in Pubs that just wanna kill things and then cant even fucking do that.

Braag

This roadhog kept accusing me of hacking cause he didn't manage to kill me couple of times after getting me with the hook (I was playing reaper). He think switched to McCree and accused some other player of hacking cause his flashbang + FAN combo didn't kill that player each time :/

Mr.Mike

Second healer Zen is really great. The Orb of Discord is a 50% damage increase on that person, and Mercy's damage boost is another 30% damage increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom