• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Out of curiosity,
1. Have you guys gone up or down in rank from your placement?
2. What role do you normally play? (Instalock dps? Support? Tank? Wait and fill as needed?)
3. Are you comfortable playing any role?
1. Placed at 2450, I think? Climbed up and down a little, but I've been stuck around ~2900 for a while. Season high is 2944 or something.
2. In season 2, overwhelmingly Zarya. I also do well with Zenyatta, and I like to think my Ana is all right, but I rarely get the chance to play her. So, off-tank or second support.
3. More or less, but I suck with Reinhardt. And I hate all the defense heroes except Junkrat, whom I don't use in comp. And while I love the DPS heroes (especially Genji, who's my favorite hero overall), the group I play with usually has better/more consistent DPS players.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iK5apkH.jpg

1v1 is hilarious and frightening, I love the way they use
Victory Poses
between rounds. Also yeah Pharah definitely got some buffs.
Why is that?

I'm really looking forward to getting through the queue and trying out Sombra. Looks like a character that I would really excel at. Also really interested to try the 1 v 1 mode. Caught a stream of it and it looks like a lot of fun.
I'm joking, I'm sure some will like it. Just the nature of elimination in a game with hard counters.

Banzai

1v1 is FUN. Lost 3 out of 5 but still, FUN. This'll be perfect for cooling down after those horrible comp loss streaks.

KiraFA37

Everybody here is complaining how terrible weekend competitive is, well it always seems to be awesome for me in the weekends. Tonight (monday) on the other hand tonights, comp matches where bad. Getting grouped up with pre-mades which are obviously getting carried, I had a diamand and gold in one pre-made when I was around 2700. Sigh.

How's Sombra?

Took me almost 30 minutes from a 10k queue but I am in.

She feels ok so far? Not feeling terribly OP, I thought hacking was just a button press but you have to hold it down for a sec so it's ideally not to be used in combat. Her gun spread is really crazy though.

Everybody here is complaining how terrible weekend competitive is, well it always seems to be awesome for me in the weekends. Tonight (monday) on the other hand tonights, comp matches where bad. Getting grouped up with pre-mades which are obviously getting carried, I had a diamand and gold in one pre-made when I was around 2700. Sigh.

How's Sombra?

I love weekend play. :D

I know it's early still, but has there been any discussion for counters? Winston seems good for invis checking, but I feel like her weapon would wreck him. Maybe Junkrat, since he can just lay a trap wherever she places her teleporter?

NeoRaider

I was waiting for almost half hour with 30k players ahead of me and when it went to 0 and "entering game" i got error msg and "sorry, we were unable to log you..."

WTF IS THIS MESS??

Wait, the week long offseason between competitive Season 2 and Season 3 is the week of Thanksgiving? For fucks sake Blizzard.

Competitive Play's second season will end on November 23 at 4PM PDT (November 24 at 0:00 UTC), and the third season will begin on November 30 at 4PM PDT (December 1 at 0:00 UTC). During the week-long off season, you'll still be able to queue for matches using the Competitive Play ruleset, but your skill rating will not be affected and no Competitive Points will be awarded.

Plesiades

I've been testing the teleporter by putting them under the training bots. Sometimes you end up right on top the teleporter and sometimes like a 1m away.

Jellie

Kicked into 2000 queue.
Was Winston with 11 Sombras just now. Yup he hard counters her. 6 though is a bit hard to deal with.

Top Bottom