• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Fuck meis, from my experience they don't save the enemy as much as they block me from escaping and getting me killed in the proccess, that or they end up ruining my ulti, so fucking annoying. Please delete blizz everyone hates to play with her or against her, I will buy 10 k loot boxes if you wipe her from existance, k thx.

As a Mei main (or at least I was up until the last few months of this season)...just no.

Jellie

When two Zarya's are attacking each other with nobody healing or damaging the other does it just come down to the person who bubbles last winning if at similar charge?

I don't think I conveyed my point well. I'm saying the reason our 6-stacks failed is because we didn't have a consistent team playing consistent heroes on consistent maps. We'd all be taking turns on DPS, tank, and healers, which allowed none of us to specialize.

If we had a consistent group - even a six-stack, I think we could make it work. Like, take ND and Owzers for example. If we could play around them being consistent Pharmercy, that'd be great.

And having him blaming me when he gets killed? I'm not going to give him that chance xD

i think most consistent teams stick with a handful of heroes they're great at. so yea, we can try it in QP and see how well we do.

This is a very good idea. 6-stack QP games are usually more serious, and we can see how well we play together.

Nice!

Alright PS4 boys who's in

I call dibs on Torb.

Thinking better, maybe Bastion after the buffs. I have to get him a golden gun so people will know that I'm not kidding.

Also batman has to join us, I miss his comp hype. Where are you bud?

VrO7U8z.jpg

I managed to breach the barrier into diamond! It took 20 hours which is about 5 more hours than I spent in any other season. It's kinda embarrassing it took that long. I calibrated at little over 2500 IIRC, and then zoomed to upper plat and got stuck there. There are some real...characters in that zone. I learned I pretty much had to dodge playing Lucio since my winrate with him is like 30 percent or something horrifying. I had to stick with high impact characters that I knew like Hanzo, Call of Duty 1976, and even Sad Rectangle man.

Thanks to the gaffers that helped me on my journey. You know who you are. And here's to hoping Blizzard will give me my 50 ping back so I can get to masters next season!

Why are so many picking Widowmaker on Ilios on Xbone? Sick of losing games on there because they refuse to switch off her. Down to 2894 after hitting a high of 3013. Seeing a friend I me through the game hit Master was cool though. He definitely deserves it.

I'm down for stacking.

But the issue seems deeper than having dedicated heroes, since usually the group losses come from an inability to adapt. People performing well feel like they shouldn't be the one to change and then people feel boxed out.

All of the sudden, it's one minute left and everyone's switching it up, which is never the best time for a total comp swap.

Skii

When two Zarya's are attacking each other with nobody healing or damaging the other does it just come down to the person who bubbles last winning if at similar charge?

I think it comes down to bubbling first so you get it a second time before the other Zarya. But it's also important to use AD spamming and having better tracking as well as utilising the bomb before each reload for optimum dps.

Jellie

I think it comes down to bubbling first so you get it a second time before the other Zarya. But it's also important to use AD spamming and having better tracking as well as utilising the bomb before each reload for optimum dps.

I was lookinag at a clip where I beat the zarya 1 v 1 and I think they had more charge than me so I was wondering how they lost so hard. They bubbled first and then I bubbled after and didn't give them an oppurtunity to bubble again.

Danj

Hoping there'll be enough money in my February paycheck to afford that Tracer Nendoroid preorder but man, March is gonna be a lean month what with the Switch and all. It'll be a diet of ramen noodles or baked beans on toast for me.

I learned I pretty much had to dodge playing Lucio since my winrate with him is like 30 percent or something horrifying. I had to stick with high impact characters that I knew like Hanzo, Call of Duty 1976, and even Sad Rectangle man.

Lmao. I've been flex picking support more than I did at the start of the season and I think I need to stop that.

Fuck being nice to people, I wanna win. Lemme hit things with my hammer and aimbot ult.

komaruR

theres lot to it tho. managing the shield hp portion along with the bubble and throwing orb finisher to end the ammo clip for more dmg/ammo and also melee once a while??. anyway, theres more too it then just bubbling first.

also forgot how charging dmg comes into play since the charging nerf.

I was lookinag at a clip where I beat the zarya 1 v 1 and I think they had more charge than me so I was wondering how they lost so hard. They bubbled first and then I bubbled after and didn't give them an oppurtunity to bubble again.
they probably didnt manage their bubble right. they used it prematurely before their 200 shield hp is used up. the bubble is like there for you to have a breather to regen back some of those 200 shield hp.
in sense, zarya can have ~600 hp + bubble but the guy probably use it ineffeciently making him/her only have around ~400hp for you to kill

Jellie

theres lot to it tho. managing the shield hp portion along with the bubble and throwing orb finisher to end the ammo clip for more dmg/ammo and also melee once a while??. anyway, theres more too it then just bubbling first.
Eh it's just a thing I noticed. Everytime I'm in a zarya vs zayra situation in game (not 1v1 mode) the one that holds their bubble longer wins it. So was so wondering if it was a thing like how hooking second was.

I'm down for stacking.

But the issue seems deeper than having dedicated heroes, since usually the group losses come from an inability to adapt. People performing well feel like they shouldn't be the one to change and then people feel boxed out.

All of the sudden, it's one minute left and everyone's switching it up, which is never the best time for a total comp swap.

That's not really an issue with groups, just a general OW problem, it happens in solo queue on the regs. The good part of grouping consistently with the same team is you know who they're proficient [enough] with, chances are people here know at least 3-4 characters. Counter picking should not be an issue (unless there's a lot of overlap), adapting on the fly is an entirely different beast and it's probably what's keeping my ass diamond forever.

komaruR

Eh it's just a thing I noticed. Everytime I'm in a zarya vs zayra situation in game (not 1v1 mode) the one that holds their bubble longer wins it. So was so wondering if it was a thing like how hooking second was.

well in not a 1v1 then bubble being charged by other players comes into play (there will be always that person that charges a zarya bubble >.>) to make that zarya more dmg'ing
as for roadhog hooking first = lose, is really base on the amount of hp left . if you can make sure that after your hook the roadhog is dead, then you hooking first after a long 1v1 blasting battle is not bad too lol
like i heard from some1 before that they shot once to get the roadhog down health then do the hook/melee/blast combo to get the kill.

Skii

Blizzard just announced the season ends on February 21st as expected.

Probably had shit tracking. I feel like I'm pretty good at the Zarya 1v1 and I just tend to bubble first and dont feed charge when they bubble. It's more down to reaction time and tracking than anything mechanically imo.

Jellie

well in not a 1v1 then bubble being charged by other players comes into play (there will be always that person that charges a zarya bubble >.>) to make that zarya more dmg'ing
as for roadhog hooking first = lose, is really base on the amount of hp left . if you can make sure that after your hook the roadhog is dead, then you hooking first after a long 1v1 blasting battle is not bad too lol
Well they had more or similar charge to me. I was 50. They bubbled straight away while I bubbled when they ran out. I was at 200 but there wasn't time for shields to regen since nobody retreated. As soon as I bubbled I attacked and melted them from full. Maybe just poor tracking from them I guess.

TFW your teammates get stuck in a loop and continually get killed in the same spot for 2/3rds of the game.

Was on the Route 66 map playing mystery heroes when my team, for some reason, kept trying to use the narrow path to the right of the first check point to flank the opposite team. Not too bad of a plan, but when they were being constantly obliterated by Zarya and her backup you'd think my team would change their position. They eventually did, within the last 30 seconds.

We lost, unfortunately.

AbaFadi

Banned
Yea, 2-3 max. If I see more than that I'm totally bailing. Playing against other 4-6 man stacks were some of the worst Comp I ever played. Tilted so hard.

2-3 is the best way to rank up imo. When you 6-stack you get minimal Elo gain, and when you lose you lose a ton. If I 6-stack on ps4 it's some of the most boring games ever, since I I'll only go up against teams in diamond. Back in the day there used to be so many top 500 6-stacks on all the time, but nobody really does it anymore.

Lyng

So I have been playing since beta, and never really got the Lucio hype....until today.

Something just clicked today, and I had a ton of fun. He is still not my favourite support to play, but I finally found the fun :D

If anyone's up for some Comp later tonight on PC, I'm looking for some folks who can help me clear the last 89 points before I break into Platinum (currently at 2411). Bnet is Triscuitable#1386.

I rarely play as Hog but for shits and giggles before the nerfbat hits him slightly in his butt I gave him a few plays today.

Holy shit, he's ridonkulous, it's fascinating to me that he was effectively hidden in plain sight as a menace and it was basically the fix to his hook (that I believe was initially considered something of a nerf) that revealed the true beast within.
With the reliability of actually blasting the cranium clean off the majority of the cast now it just shocks me how much of a difference maker he is.
The generous hook hitbox, and cooldown times combined with the gradual increase in healer potency alongside ult reduction just launched this guy.
I joked that he's like the shotgun sniper before but man he really is, the ease of snaffling someone far away is just mad, I became that guy I always hate.

I know I'm not saying anything that you don't already know, it's just with tanks being my second most used class behind support and Hog being the one I didn't tend to use it's like "man, this is gosh darn easy mode by comparison".

nOoblet16

I rarely play as Hog but for shits and giggles before the nerfbat hits him slightly in his butt I gave him a few plays today.

Holy shit, he's ridonkulous, it's fascinating to me that he was effectively hidden in plain sight as a menace and it was basically the fix to his hook (that I believe was initially considered something of a nerf) that revealed the true beast within.
With the reliability of actually blasting the cranium clean off the majority of the cast now it just shocks me how much of a difference maker he is.
The generous hook hitbox, and cooldown times combined with the gradual increase in healer potency alongside ult reduction just launched this guy.
I joked that he's like the shotgun sniper before but man he really is, the ease of snaffling someone far away is just mad, I became that guy I always hate.

I know I'm not saying anything that you don't already know, it's just with tanks being my second most used class behind support and Hog being the one I didn't tend to use it's like "man, this is gosh darn easy mode by comparison".
I'd say the hook is more balanced and fair now than "fixed", before he might not always get people directly in front of him like he does now but he had the unfair advantage of hooking people through the wall which he doesn't now.

He was always good because of his high HP, high DPS and self sustainability, but what made people notice him more was the tank heavy meta because he could survive and kill a lot more reliably than most squishy offense heroes who would die quite easily simply because multiple tanks meant they took a lot more time to kill and that meant their low health affected their surviveablity.

Interestingly, it's kind of the same reason why Soldier became so popular, despite being average and less effective against squishies than McCree due to their smaller frames, because he can shred tanks and run away from them while self sustaining. Basically meaning he can last long enough while doing enough damage to be effective.

Lmao. I've been flex picking support more than I did at the start of the season and I think I need to stop that.

Fuck being nice to people, I wanna win. Lemme hit things with my hammer and aimbot ult.

Yeah, for me the biggest obstacle in this case are fallen diamonds on your team. These are guys who touched diamond once and then dropped to plat average games. They can bully you off of core positions because you are "just a plat" even though their current numerical mmr may be lower than yours. I had a game where I was around 2800 and this guy on my team had a season high 3450 but was currently 2700. But because he "almost got master" he considered himself the battle commander of the lobby and micro managed everyone. We lost horribly and he had a screaming fit. A guy who's suffering from a 700 point death spiral probably shouldn't be in charge, but what are you gonna do? He's got the shiner sticker so that means I got to be the musical frog.

Blues1990

Why do widowmaker players seem to get so much hate? :(

She is a great character. But the hate stems from 99% of Widowmaker players that can't shoot the broad side of a barn at point blank.

But she is a great pick for countering a non-three/four tank comp, if you can land your shots with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom